• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Someone Help!!!

Wagamama

<font color=blue>Just call me Bella<br><font color
Can I use water instead of milk in crepe batter?! I'm out of milk!!

I hope your crepes weren't ruined. I thought the answer was no but I was hoping that someone more versed in the culinary arts then I would answer.

Chessie

Ok....a warning to everyone. If your planning on making crepes, don't make it with water!! They turn really gluey.

What a bummer! My mom tells me that she keeps a small amount of powdered milk on hand for emergencies like this. Not anything you would want to drink (well at least I wouldn't as I don't like milk in any form) but not too noticable in a recipe. Also - if she doens't have the powdered milk, then she keeps a small amount of reg. milk in the freezer. Like freeze some in ice cube trays, then when they're frozen dump some cubes into a zip lock. Again, you probably wouldn't want to drink it but it will work if you really, really *need* it!!!

Better luck next time!

Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter