Quick service dining plan not going well for us.

I’m sorry you’re having trouble. It sounds like your medical issues are contributing in a big way. Is there another adult with you who can take over the planning & tracking your dining? A basic plan:

Choose ONLY counter service restaurants, you will be spending 1 credit per person per meal.

Stand back & look at the posted menus. There are often little dining plan symbols next to the food items so you’ll know they’re included.

BEFORE you order, say you’re using 3 dining plan credits. If they say you can’t use them for what you want to order, ASK what you can use them for & order accordingly.

At some places, like resort food courts, you get food before the cash registers. Still ASK the people you order from if the item you want is included in the dining plan. If they don’t know, go to the cashier before you order. Tell them what you plan to order & ask if you will be able to use 3 dining credits.

The dining plans really are easy to use. I don't know if you booked with a travel agent but they probably thought the plan would make it easier for you than budgeting & worrying about your money all they the trip.

I’m trying to find your recommendation on the phone. It sounds helpful. I was able to find how to order food but not a page to choose quick service food. Can you guide me?

We wanted sandwiches sides and beverages but had to put them back because we couldn’t afford them. Once he said we couldn’t use the plan we we had to cut back on the foods to just the sandwiches they already made for us. Otherwise we would have shared a sandwich with water to not spend more money.
I would speak to the concierge at your resort and tell them your Earl of Sandwich issue, and if they reimburse you, that is fine. If not, lesson learned, but it's time to let it go.

You have 38 QS credits, so lets figure out how to use them. I like Allears.net for restaurant suggestions. It is always updated, so you can see what menu options are available in every dining location, and you can search by park, resort or area.

I would likely get breakfast at my resort. We used our refillable mug for the beverage, and chose a canned or bottled beverage to put back in the resort fridge for our beverage.

You can look at counter service restaurant at the park you are in and choose one for lunch. You can order an entree and a beverage, (I liked the alcoholic ones) and then do the same for dinner. There are so many different kinds of foods to choose from, especially if you are in Epcot or Disney Hollywood Studios. We like Sunshine Seasons in Epcot becasue there are several stations all under one roof. There are all kinds of options in the World Showcase. In Animal Kingdom Flametree has salads, BBQ and sandwiches. In the Magic Kingdom Columbia Harbor House has meals, and Cosmic Rays has several stations to choose from.

You chose a counter service plan so just avoid looking at table service restaurants. You cannot make substitutions or exchange credits.

I’m not sure what happened at lunch today, but we ordered two salmon meals and a mushroom sandwich and we’re only able to use one credit.

Where was this at? Did you ask the cashier why you could only use 1 credit? You have to be proactive & start asking why something isn’t included & what you can order instead. And don’t take the food item if it’s not included, especially if someone else at the restaurant told you it was. Don’t keep paying cash when you have all these credits.

I’m trying to find your recommendation on the phone. It sounds helpful. I was able to find how to order food but not a page to choose quick service food.
Step 1 Open MDE on your Phone
Step 2 Click on the GPS icon in the bottom (My phone it was between the House and + sign)
Step 3 Click on "Wait Times" at the top of the screen in the middle.
Step 4 Click on "Dining" from the drop down that will appear.
Step 5 Click on "Filter" at the top left on the same row that should now show "Dining" instead of "Wait Times"
Step 6 Here you will apply any filters such as Location and under the Dining Plan section you will want to click on "2024 Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan" and click Apply
Step 6 You can click on the restaurants using the map or you can click on top bar "Show List"
Step 7 Once you see the restaurants you can click on them to see their menus.
Step 8 To count for the plan it has to be an entree and a beverage

As others have mentioned inform the cast member that you would like to use your Quick Service credits for the meals and they should be able to assist you.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/quick-service-dining-plan/

1726151352362.jpeg

OP if you are having medical issues that may cause you to be confused then I'd suggest asking one of the other guests in your party to look up the quick service dining plan and look at the menus.

At Earl I get the feeling that you were not getting everything you needed in order to use the credits.
You need to order a sandwich and then also get a side and a beverage to create a MEAL.
Sounds like you only tried to get a sandwich and a beverage. I'm not sure if the cashier explained to you that you needed to make it a MEAL by also having a SIDE but they should have.

FYI quick service is NOT just burgers.
I had a fantastic salad with grilled chicken at Backlot Express at HS, I had a fantastic chicken fried rice and pork egg roll at Lotus Blossom in China at EPCOT, I had a fantastic polled pork sandwich at Capt. Cook's at the Polynesia Resort.

now after 3 days we have 38 QS meals left over. We have 5 days left to use our credits except one person leaves in 3 days.
If your reading this and inside a park- Go to Guest services and explain your confusion / experience so far. Ask them to help you plan your meals for the rest of the day ( provide them with location preferences based on menus )

If your at the resort, Go to the front desk and ask for help understanding the QS Meal Plan, maybe get a framework plan for the rest of your trip.

Getting advice on here and trying to navigate it on apps will only compound your confusion, especially if you have problems processing information.

If your reading this and inside a park- Go to Guest services and explain your confusion / experience so far. Ask them to help you plan your meals for the rest of the day ( provide them with location preferences based on menus )

If your at the resort, Go to the front desk and ask for help understanding the QS Meal Plan, maybe get a framework plan for the rest of your trip.

Getting advice on here and trying to navigate it on apps will only compound your confusion, especially if you have problems processing information.

Very true. I agree.
It may be much easier for OP to have help from someone that is physically talking them through it to clarify questions on the spot.

OP I hope you were able to salvage your trip. Having had a nasty concussion, I know how hard it can be.

@Nancyg56

Nancy, I wanted to let you know that your signature line appears like this. 1726517783829.png

Ignore what's gone before...

You have 38 meal credits left and 5 days to use them...

Day 1 - 3 credits breakfast, lunch, dinner = 9 credits
Day 2 - 3 credits breakfast, lunch, dinner = 9 credits
Day 3 - 3 credits breakfast, lunch, dinner = 9 credits
Day 4 - 2 credits breakfast, lunch, dinner = 6 credits
Day 5 - 1 credit breakfast (split), 2 credits lunch and dinner = 5 credits

Total credits used 38.

So, however you were eating before, you now need to go to resort and park counter service places and eat the way the dining plan intends - 1 entree/1 beverage (alcohol or not) each time at a quick service (aka, not table service) location. You cannot do anything but use them as intended, so plan accordingly.
I'm thinking that your post will be helpful to them!! We have never used a DDP in all of our many trips but did get the QS DP for our group for November. It seems fairly straight forward to me, as long as you use it the way it's layed out? We will pay OOP for the TS restaurants we want, although it would be awesome if you could use your QS credits for that, but either way, you pay OOP at some point.

I'm thinking that your post will be helpful to them!! We have never used a DDP in all of our many trips but did get the QS DP for our group for November. It seems fairly straight forward to me, as long as you use it the way it's layed out? We will pay OOP for the TS restaurants we want, although it would be awesome if you could use your QS credits for that, but either way, you pay OOP at some point.

How many TS are you doing during your trip? if its one a day then I'd suggest getting the regular dining plan instead. And if the TS is not breakfast then you could just pay OOP for breakfast which is gonna be the cheapest thing to pay OOP for then use the QS and TS for lunch/dinner.

Not necessarily.

Many people find the QS plan is plenty, and they don’t want/need anything extra, especially if they share a few meals. Lots of people who add TS restaurants on top of their quick service dining, end up not using several of their QS credits because they realize it’s too much food. But if you don’t care about that or are not worried about it, enjoy! :)

I just thought I’d mention it because it’s your first time on the plan. :goodvibes

Here’s the update

We used all the credits. We had 10 to use on Saturday when one guest flew home and 8 to use on Sunday when it was just 2 of us.
It was constantly being on the phone to get food information trying to find food that could work with allergies (mine and daughter) for the area and set up the Lightning Lanes I purchased to help with my disabilities since I no longer have the DAS pass.
In 1988 I hit a garbage truck that didn’t see me and he pulled out into the highway. I hit him at 55mph and have back and leg injuries besides the 2 plates, 9 pins, and 3 screws. So I had to buy a wheelchair and 2 batteries for this trip. I knew I would use it, in the future, and the cost would be half of rental for 8 day’s of a Disney chair.
So with all this going on it really detracts from the experience. 5 minutes of fun then 15-50 minutes of app time. The next trip will be meals as we go. Fewer days and parks (probably only 2).
It really lost its magic and I don’t feel I got to “see the park” either. I’ll do Lightning Lanes again but never the food plans.

I'm sorry that happened to you but I'm really confused as to why you had to be on the phone about the food. Disney is fantastic with allergies. Any of the counter service restaurants could have helped you out.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest