Questions

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
Bern awhile since visiting Universsl - 20 years! When can we making dining reservations? Do all restaurants accept them? Also do we have to make park reservations?

Bern awhile since visiting Universsl - 20 years! When can we making dining reservations? Do all restaurants accept them? Also do we have to make park reservations?
No park reservations.

There are only a few reservations that may be hard to get. Many can be made the day before, some even day of. Toothsome Chocolate Emporium is one of the hardest. I'm not sure what else. Cowfish is popular but the menu doesn't appeal to me so we haven't tried it. Most of the places we have gone have been easy to get on short notice. We like Mythos and have made reservations ahead for that one.

Reservations tend to be easy to get except for popular places and/or popular times (dinner time when the parks close fill up fastest).

Other than Toothsome, others that fill up quickest are Bigfire and Cowfish.

On a related note, I highly recommend a night at Pat O'Brien's for the dueling piano - so fun!

Thanks for the suggestions! Is there any good pizza at Universal? Also, we have a Potter fan so which is better Broomsticks or Cauldron? Is the Marvel character meal worth it?

Red Oven in CityWalk is good pizza.

I'd check the menus at the 2 Potter restaurants to base your decision. The theming in both is top notch. You can also get a Butterbeer at the Hogsheads pub which is generally a shorter line than the Butterbeer cart outside.

Highly recommend Florean Fortescue's ice cream too!

Is Universal’s reservation cancellation policy similar to Disney’s? Also, we are staying at Hard Rock - can we grab cereal and milk at the store there for breakfast?

There is no charge for making reservations. They'll shoot you a reminder text before your reservation asking you to confirm it. You can cancel then or at any other point that you decide you won't make it. They send you a text but there's not a centralized location where you can see what you have scheduled (ie, there's not a calendar or reservation area on the app to reference, you have to check back into your e-mails to find the individual reservation).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter