Questions: My first ABD coming up in October!

Bwalker

Mouseketeer
My friend and I have booked this trip over a year ago and we cannot believe it will be here ..... soon! WOW :cool1:

We've never done an ABD before but like so many others, are not new to the Disney experience :)

We're going to Italy On Oct 7th and we have questions about the luggage:

Only one 50 lb bag. Does this mean only one CHECKED bag but we can also have a carry-on AND a pocketbook? If we can have a carry-on, can it be a regular small suitcase or does it have to be a fairly small carry-on?

Anyone else going to Rome/Tuscany and Venice in October 7-16???

Aloha,
Bwalker

My friend and I have booked this trip over a year ago and we cannot believe it will be here ..... soon! WOW :cool1:

We've never done an ABD before but like so many others, are not new to the Disney experience :)

We're going to Italy On Oct 7th and we have questions about the luggage:

Only one 50 lb bag. Does this mean only one CHECKED bag but we can also have a carry-on AND a pocketbook? If we can have a carry-on, can it be a regular small suitcase or does it have to be a fairly small carry-on?

Anyone else going to Rome/Tuscany and Venice in October 7-16???

Aloha,
Bwalker

Hi Bwalker,
First of all Yeah! you're going to Italy with ABD! Enjoy!
As far as the luggage ... correct one CHECKED piece of luggage per person. You can have a carry-on and a purse/pocketbook and the sizes depends on the airlines you are flying on. The carry-on usually needs to fit in an overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. The airlines just don't want you to have 3 or more separate items when boarding. As far as Disney goes they won't care if you have a carry-on and purse. If their loading space on the coach gets too full you can always keep your carry-on on the bus from city to city.

Hi Bwalker,
I'm from NC too! My husband and I did Viva Italia June 08.

We packed clothes for each of us in EACH bag in the event one or the other did not make the trip in to Rome. Sure enough one bag came a day late! (Marco and Vinnie, our guides, told us that Tinkerbell had friends inside the airport who located the bag for us).

You can get all you will need in bags that weigh 50 lb so I wouldn't worry too much about an extra carry on bag. Our little carry ons contained only reading material, more substantial travel pillows and jacket/sweater.

The carry ons really came in handy to bring items back from our trip. Have a great time in Italy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter