Questions About The Platinum Plan

lost_lland

Earning My Ears
My DH and I are going to stay in a concierge room at the WL this June 4th thru the 11th on the platinum plan as I understand it on the first day of our stay we get 1 meal credit, the last day of our stay we get 2 meal credits, and 3 meal credits for the days in between for a total of 21 meal credits each. My first question is:
Does the meal at V & A that is included in the package count towards any of those meal credits?
Can we use our "breakfast" credits for a dinner or lunch?
In the platinum brochure it says our snack credits can consists of:
A beverage and an appetizer, or Entree, or Desert. How exactly does this work? Can you use multiple snack credits to form a meal?
Also I've heard of a few menu items that are not included on some of the other plans, Is this the same for the platinum plan?

Hmm, maybe I was asking very specific questions. Let me try another. What kinds of experiences have people had while on staying in the platinum plan?

Hello. We've never used the Platinum plan ... BUT ... we are using the Premium plan in September and I believe the plans have some similarities. With regard to V&A (which is not included on the Premium) YES, that meal will count toward your meal credits. The plans are similar in that you're allowed three meals per day times the number of nights you're staying. Therefore, it doesn't matter if you use four credits one day, three credits another day, etc. As long as you don't exceed your total credits you can eat when and where you want as long as the restaurant is participating. Sorry, I can't answer your other questions, but I hope this is a start. :thumbsup2

Have fun on the premium plan! I haven't used it so can't answer your questions...but I'm sure someone will be able to...you can ask disney directly too...they answer pretty thoroughly.

OK, after waiting to hear from disney for a few days I got two responses one was a general reply that just stated what was printed on the brochure. The other response (quoted at the bottom). Still leaves a few questions unanswered and now raises a new question about the snacks. On the brochure and in the the first response It says:
Snack
(1) Non-alcoholic beverage
(1) Appetizer or (1) Entree or (1) Dessert
Now this doesn't coincide with what I received from the itinerary planner:
The Platinum Plan includes 3 full service meals and 1 snack per person per nights stay. You need not worry yourself about meal credits as the Platinum Plan is different then the Disney Dining Plan which uses these credits. You may enjoy 3 full service meals at participating restaurants in our theme parks, resorts and DownTown Disney area. Please do not concern yourself with meal credits and wondering about using your breakfast credits for lunch or dinner as the Platinum Plan does not work this way.
One snack per person per nights stay and a snack consists of 1 piece of fresh fruit, ice cream, chips, bottle soft drinks and water or a fountain drink, you may have your choice of one of these items.
Prior to ordering, please let the server or cashier know you are on the Disney Platinum Plan. Then you would simply select off the menu a beverage an appetizer, entrée and a desert. Gratuities are included for all meals.
The only menu items that would not be included would be alcoholic beverages, specialty drinks and some bottled drinks, souvenir or refillable drink mugs.
I understand the meal stuff I guess, but the snack part has me really confused. Other than the dining part what are other people's reviews of the platinum plan?

I went on the Platinum Plan in Nov. of '04 - here's a link to my report:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=689788

Yes, the snack point is extremely vague. I asked the "pre-arrival planner" and got pretty much the same answer as you. But when we arrived I discovered that a snack point is no different than your other meal points. All of them are equal. No one asks, "are you using a snack point?". So we split our 3 nights worth of points over 4 full days. I think the only snack "point" we used for a snack was the night I ordered chocolate covered strawberries through room service. So enjoy:)

As to your first questions - yes, V&A counts as 1 point. You can eat there as many times as you'd like.

There is no differentiation between points - none are designated "breakfast" and so on - so just split up the points how you'd like.

If you have any questions, please ask. I remember looking for Platinum Plan info. when planning and I had difficulty finding much info. about it.

diswedwish, thanks for the info:
What exactly did you use your "snack" credits for if you don't mind me asking.

We used our snack credits for regular meals. We did the Platinum Plan at the end of our trip, so we checked in at about 7 am, and used our credits until midnight of check-out day since we had a night room-only tagged on to the end. So we split our 4 credits/person/night split up over 4 full days for regular meals. Am I making sense?

And the one day like I said we used 1 snack point for the chocolate covered strawberries. That was especially neat because of the "wow" factor and the fact that I'd have a hard time actually paying close to $40 for 6-8 strawberries. Nevermind what we spent for the Plan - $40 for strawberries is steep - lol :rolleyes:

And if you just wanted a snack I don't think it would be a problem - basically they're up to you to use how you want.

HTH:)

Thanks for the insight, platinum plan reviews seem to be hard to come by. I imagine that's because of the price though. What other platinum plan features did you use?

We used all of the features:) We did the Backstage Safari tour, Aqua Seas tour, and Dolphins in Depth. We went to Cirque. We got the massage treatment at the spa. We went to V&A and used most of our meal points. We got our "Platinum Plan gift". We rented Sea Raycers, went horsebackriding, and went parasailing. We took the Illuminations Cruise and used the preferred seating at Fantasmic. All in 4 days, did I mention we didn't stop ;) I may have left something out, but if you read the last half of my trip report (link was posted a few posts back) you will see how we did it.

HTH:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter