Questions about Swan

ConnieB

My girls with Anthony Daniels, SW Convention 2012
I will be going to a Conference in late August based at the Swan. Actually considering staying there during the Conference. A few questions:

1. Do they participate in Magical Express? Parking is $18 so I think I'd like to avoid a rental car during the days I'm there. Exactly how does it work?

2. Do they have the dining plan? I so rarely stay onsite anymore, and the rate for the Convention is pretty nice, so I was thinking of splurging and doing the dining plan so we can enjoy the restaurants that are beyond our budget, lol.

3. I know I can do the boat to DHS and EPCOT....but I guess the only way to MK is a bus? How long does it take?

4. Anything special you recommend while I'm there?

Thanks!

1. No. You can rent a car, do the Mears shuttle, or use a private car service. I've used Happy Limo with good luck. You will have the use of the Disney transportation while on-site, though.

2. No. You are staying at a non-Disney resort that resides on Disney property. You will, however, get the Magic Extra Hours benefit.

3. MK and AK are reached by bus. I have never found it too bad, time-wise. Swan-Dolphin shares the bus with Beach and Yacht Club, so it of course will depend on over-all hotel attendance. Last week of August should be pretty low (relatively).

4. It's all special. :)

Have fun!!

Last edited:
I will be going to a Conference in late August based at the Swan. Actually considering staying there during the Conference. A few questions:

1. Do they participate in Magical Express? Parking is $18 so I think I'd like to avoid a rental car during the days I'm there. Exactly how does it work?

2. Do they have the dining plan? I so rarely stay onsite anymore, and the rate for the Convention is pretty nice, so I was thinking of splurging and doing the dining plan so we can enjoy the restaurants that are beyond our budget, lol.

3. I know I can do the boat to DHS and EPCOT....but I guess the only way to MK is a bus? How long does it take?

4. Anything special you recommend while I'm there?

Thanks!

1. Nope. You have a few options though. You can book transportation from MCO to the Swan with a towncar service...that should run about $125, plus tip. Or, you can book the Mears shuttle for about $35 r/t pp. It isn't the quickest way to get there, so plan on at least 90 mins.
2. The S/D have their own dining plan....but it includes only restaurants at those two resorts. No option for adding the DDP.
3. Boat, or walk, to both Epcot and DHS. Boat is about 15 mins to Epcot, 10 mins to DHS. Walking is about 15 mins to Epcot, 18 to DHS. Buses are the only option to both MK and AK. I usually plan on an hour total (wait time plus travel time) from the S/D to MK or AK.
4. I like the Dolphin better than the Swan, but that's merely personal feelings. There is a very good cafeteria style restaurant in the lower level of the Dolphin...Picabu. Love it there and it's open 24 hrs. I have used the Mears shuttle with good results. The mini-gold at Fantasia Gardens, across the street, is a lot of fun as well.

1. Nope. You have a few options though. You can book transportation from MCO to the Swan with a towncar service...that should run about $125, plus tip. Or, you can book the Mears shuttle for about $35 r/t pp. It isn't the quickest way to get there, so plan on at least 90 mins.
2. The S/D have their own dining plan....but it includes only restaurants at those two resorts. No option for adding the DDP.
3. Boat, or walk, to both Epcot and DHS. Boat is about 15 mins to Epcot, 10 mins to DHS. Walking is about 15 mins to Epcot, 18 to DHS. Buses are the only option to both MK and AK. I usually plan on an hour total (wait time plus travel time) from the S/D to MK or AK.
4. I like the Dolphin better than the Swan, but that's merely personal feelings. There is a very good cafeteria style restaurant in the lower level of the Dolphin...Picabu. Love it there and it's open 24 hrs. I have used the Mears shuttle with good results. The mini-gold at Fantasia Gardens, across the street, is a lot of fun as well.

We prefer the Swan, in part because they have queen beds as opposed to full at the Dolphin, although the past few times we've stayed at both we have been given a king, which is nice. The only time I've received a King at a WDW property was in a 2 bedroom suite at the BC. Swan rooms are in the process of being renovated, we had a lovely room back in November. For the money yo cannot beat the properties and their location!

we love the swan and dolphin and use them with with my wife's teacher discount (or the usually even better deal of the All Ears rate) as a back up to our Yacht/Beach club reservations. They are not on the meal plan, but that- in a way- is a good thing. the restarts there, while not cheap (think expense accounts) are a higher quality than the comparable disney( i.e. Shulas is better than yachtsman, Bluezoo is better than flying fish - obviously my opinion)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter