Questions about Advanced Internship

chibichibirei

Mouseketeer<br><font color=deeppink>Hi, My name is
Does anyone know about the details? I am a student at a technical school, in the Graphic Design program. I couldnt think of what I wanted to do once I go out of college, until I thought about working for Disney. I know that theres the college program. But Im more interested in the Advanced Internship, I know it says its open to Juniors and Seniors, but becuase I am a student at a two year college, I dont know how that relates. Am I not eligiable because I go to a two year? I have references, and am a member of Phi Theta Kappa, the international two year college honors society. Any help would be great! :sunny:

Well, you could always go ahead and apply for it, regardless of your status. You could also try and do it after you finished your second year, in which case you'd technically have junior status at a 4-year institution.

Basically, if you're interested, go for it! AIs are very competitive, but if you've got what they're looking for, then you'll have a shot.

Thanks, I will, I still have about 2 more semesters left, but Ill go ahead and apply :bitelip: :Pinkbounc

I was told it is near impossible to get an advanced intership without doing grunt internship. My daughter is going this fall - and will try to network her way for a better position for the advanced.

I also say go for it - but if you REALLY want the advanced, consider doing the grunt one.

:)

I talked to someone in my class tonight who had done the college program ten years ago, he suggusted the same thing. Ill sign up for that then. What I really want is to be a character, however the casting call is May 14th and theres really no way for me to get down there that fast :guilty: Im determined to get a job there, even if its just a grunt job :rotfl:

It is possible to do the Advanced internship without doing the college program, but the positions are VERY limited.

You have a much better chance, and many more choices if you do the regular college program first. Otherwise you truly are limited to just a few roles in the AI.

I work at a college that has students in the college program. All the students love their first year. At Disney everyone has to start in a grunt position. So my advise is to go to the Disney College Program site and learn all you can about the program and jump on board. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter