question

penguin77

<font color=red>I AM the Pretty, Pretty VMK Prince
I was reading on another post about someone who added there, what I assume, annual passes to thier room key. Can this be done. DW and I are AP holders and I cannot stand carrying that flimsy, same paper as a 1 day, pass around the world.

Someone posted on here that he was able to do it. He said he had to force the issue, but they finally did put his AP on the room key. I asked the question of how he got his AP perks (discounts and such) since I didn't think the room key would have anything printed on it saying it was an AP instead of a MYW ticket. I never got a response. I'm content to continue to carry both cards. The paper tickets seem like they're flimsy, but they're actually very hardy. I've never had one wear out or stop working.

I always found it funny that the annual pass voucher they send you is on hard plastic. Then, when you get there and redeem it, they give you the paper.

I was reading on another post about someone who added there, what I assume, annual passes to thier room key. Can this be done. DW and I are AP holders and I cannot stand carrying that flimsy, same paper as a 1 day, pass around the world.

I don't think so. What happens if you take another trip within the year with the same annual pass? You would need to use the expired room key.

Now you have 2 room keys and I'm stuck behind you while you try to figure out why you can't get through the park turnstile. ;)

Nope, that guy was probably either lying or confused. I've had non-expiring tickets from a prior trip that I was using for the Water Park & More options, and tried to put them on my current room key and was told no, twice, that they can't put a previously used ticket onto a room key. So, I had my old expired room key with the water park admission on it, and my current KTW card with my admission tickets and room key. To confuse things even further, on my most recent trip I had my Annual Pass, my expired KTW card for water park admission, and my current KTW card for my room key/charge card. I tried very hard to keep everything organized in my pockets, but I'm sure I caused a few eyerolls as I sorted through all the cards. I did make sure to sort through BEFORE hitting the turnstiles, cash registers or FastPass machines, though!

The AP is not paper, it's Tyvek-like material. And if you have a problem with it, you just go to Guest Relations and get a new one.

Yep, they can print you a new one any time. I was buying my DD's AP at MGM (is that enough acronyms for ya?) and she liked the picture on hers, and I mentioned to her that I liked hers a lot better than the "stupid Incredibles" picture on mine. Next thing I know, the CP handed me a new one - she had printed me a new AP with a Tink picture on it! That really peeved DD because she immediately wanted Tink instead. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter