Question for those who have 'done/remembered' your loved one while at Disney

4Everhiswife

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I lost my husband 3 years ago to COVID and have found Disney to be EXTREMELY theraputic and healing in my grief journey. I am an annual passholder and have been off & on for years. I live just over an hour away from Disney and have taken NUMEROUS solo & non-solo trips since he passed. Our family took majority of our vacations there so it holds ALOT of memories & think that's why I feel a sense of 'comfort & peace' when I'm there because I know he's with me just in a differrent way now. (Some of you may feel the same way with your loved ones - it's like a different feeling vs being at home) I continue to ride our favorite rides, eat our favorite foods, dine at our favorite restaurants & do the things we always did as a family & when him & I had 'adult' trips. I now usually also wear special shirts (in memory of him) and have taken special photos with cast members. This Nov would have been our 30th wedding anniversary and for the past 2 years I've done solo trips & had a special meal (steak) at France & Steakhouse 71 (steak was 1 of his favorite foods) on our anniversary. I'm booked at our FAVORITE resort (French Quarter) we're we honeymooned, spent numerous vacations & last time we were there at the resort, we celebrated our 25th anniversary. The one thing I regret doing is not decorating our window for our 25th anniversary - I had all the stuff with me but when we were assigned our room, it was on the corner facing the opposite direction of the front so we would have never enjoyed or even seen our window. So this year, I'm wanting to decorate the window this year (no matter if I see it or not) but to make it 'right' from 5 years ago... but I can't think of any ideas that can really decorate 2 windows.

My plan is to hang photos of us there from our many trips (with him & I along with us & our son) but not sure what else to do/add. I've attached a photo of how I decorated my window last year but with FQ having 2 windows for a king room, not sure what else I can add to it. Does anyone have any suggestions for window ideas or stuff I can do to 'honor' him & our relationship while im there?!?

I've also attached my MOST favorite photos of cast members capturing special moments remembering him. In the background is me, our son & my son's now wife (was girlfriend at the time).

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1727833081570.jpg
    FB_IMG_1727833081570.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 3
  • FB_IMG_1727834147900.jpg
    FB_IMG_1727834147900.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 3

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest