Question for Dads

FrugalFashionista

Mouseketeer
Hi Dads,

Sorry to crash the Dads' party but I need a guy perspective! We are going to the World in December. It will be DH first visit (he's only been to Land). Is there anything that is a must do for him or any form of Disney torture that I should not subject him to? We are traveling with DS6 and DD7 (also their first trip).

TIA

I'm sure some of the other Dads will chime in, but a couple of quick suggestions off the top of my head - may an ADR for Beirgarten and/or take a break at La Cave del Tequila in the Mexico Pavilion.

You'd be surprised what a Dad spending time with his daughter(s) at Disney will put up with, and not consider it to be torture (we'll even take them to Bippity Boppity Boutique and ride it's a small world).

If he likes beer, EPCOT is great. You can try beers from the different countries. Yatchmans steak house is great and so is Tepan Edo. Might have spelled that last one incorrectly.

Watching your kids at Disney for the first time, there is nothing better. I would put up with anything for my kids at Disney. When my DS(12) now was little we use to watch the trains in Germany for hours. I have a DD(9) now and I would do whatever she wanted without complaining. I enjoy seeing them having a great time.

Hi Dads,

Sorry to crash the Dads' party but I need a guy perspective! We are going to the World in December. It will be DH first visit (he's only been to Land). Is there anything that is a must do for him or any form of Disney torture that I should not subject him to? We are traveling with DS6 and DD7 (also their first trip).

TIA

Crash away. Is there anything from DL that your husband considered torture? Maybe we can steer you clear.

WDW is four parks plus two water parks. I have two dds (11&9) but MK is still my favorite park. Drinking and snacking around the World Showcase is fun at Epcot. Soarin is there as well. The Kilimanjaro Safari ride at AK is my favorite, especially first thing in the morning. Are there any favorites he had at DL?

Crash away. Is there anything from DL that your husband considered torture? Maybe we can steer you clear.

WDW is four parks plus two water parks. I have two dds (11&9) but MK is still my favorite park. Drinking and snacking around the World Showcase is fun at Epcot. Soarin is there as well. The Kilimanjaro Safari ride at AK is my favorite, especially first thing in the morning. Are there any favorites he had at DL?

Space Mountain is by far his favorite. I would love to take him to Epcot but I am concerned that the kids would be bored.

Space Mountain is by far his favorite. I would love to take him to Epcot but I am concerned that the kids would be bored.

My kids were younger than yours on their first trip and weren't bored at all with EPCOT. In addition to Test Track and Soarin', there's a lot of interactive stuff in Future World. Then they can see plenty of characters if they choose in the afternoon in World Showcase. Plus they blow stuff up at night! What could be better?

I'm sure some of the other Dads will chime in, but a couple of quick suggestions off the top of my head - may an ADR for Beirgarten and/or take a break at La Cave del Tequila in the Mexico Pavilion.

You'd be surprised what a Dad spending time with his daughter(s) at Disney will put up with, and not consider it to be torture (we'll even take them to Bippity Boppity Boutique and ride it's a small world).

Speak for yourself. ;)

Actually, I told DW I'd do it once. I also will do the Teacups once. (I can't stand rides that spin.)

I like Space Mountain as well. I tend to spend one day in each park, with MK being two days. And, we go in October, when crowd levels are low. Neither my DW, dds, nor I have ever been bored at any of the parks. Plus, I enjoy restaurants, so we plan a TS once a day. Here are my highlights for each park.

MK has Space Mountain, Spash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. They also have rides like themed rides like Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Carribean, Dumbo, Pooh, etc. And, I like IASW there.

Epcot has Soarin (from DL), Test Track, and Mission Space as big three. We save Spaceship Earth (inside the ball) until the end of the day when the crowd levels are low. My dds and I love the Figment of the Imagination ride. The World Showcase has countries like Mexico and Norway that have a themed boatride inside. Others have short movies.

DHS has the Aerosmith Rockin Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Backlot Tours, and Toy Story Mania. It is difficult to get all those shows in one day. We will alternate between Indiana Jones, Lights Motor Action stunt car show, Voyage of Little Mermaid.

AKL has the Safari ride (my favorite), Expedition Everest, Dinosaur Ride simulator, and Primevil Whirl. I hope they still have Festival of the Lion King Show. Then there is the Nemo Show as well. AKL is usually only opened to 6:00 PM. It is the biggest park and is a lot of walking.

Have a great trip.

Thanks guys! We are going to HS for our first day. Toy story mania and rockin roller coaster are def on our list. If the kids do well on rockin roller coaster then maybe we will let them try space mountain.

There are so many shows to do there! We are going to have narrow them down. Jedi training academy is pretty much required or my kids might mutiny.

If he likes Space Mountain he really should ride Expedition Everest at AK. Sum of All Thrills at Epcot is also neat.

Thanks guys! We are going to HS for our first day. Toy story mania and rockin roller coaster are def on our list. If the kids do well on rockin roller coaster then maybe we will let them try space mountain.

There are so many shows to do there! We are going to have narrow them down. Jedi training academy is pretty much required or my kids might mutiny.
Rock and Roller coaster is a lot more intense than space mountain. While its dark space mountain's top speed is about 30
Rock and Roller coaster's top speed is 60 mph it has 3 inversions and subjects riders to 4.5 Gs. If you're dd's haven't tried roller coasters before you might want to try something milder before RnRC.

If he likes Space Mountain he really should ride Expedition Everest at AK. Sum of All Thrills at Epcot is also neat.

Rock and Roller coaster is a lot more intense than space mountain. While its dark space mountain's top speed is about 30
Rock and Roller coaster's top speed is 60 mph it has 3 inversions and subjects riders to 4.5 Gs. If you're dd's haven't tried roller coasters before you might want to try something milder before RnRC.

Everest looks like Materhorn on steroids. DH should like that.

I second having DDs ride other coasters before something as extreme as Rocking Roller Coaster. I've done test runs at the local theme park with the kids. They can handle the big coaster there and should have no trouble with anything but RnRC.

They like roller coasters but being in the dark is the part I'm worried about. At least with rockin we will be able to sit next to them vs single on space mtn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter