Question for anyone booked w/ AirCanada

>>^..^<<

Flat Cat
I booked my flights for August - last December online.

All I received was a flimsy one page sheet of paper telling me to bring it to the aiirport to exchange for my tickets.

Last year when I booked online I am sure I recieved the actual tickets.

To anyone booked ~ did you get "the letter" or the "tickets"?

What bothers me is on the letter it says to bring the credit card that they were purchased on ~ but, as they were a gift ~ I will not have it. :eek:

>>^..^<<

I have the same thing for August (I redeemed Aeroplan miles) and I have only had a confirmation on paper the last 3-4 times I have travelled on AC. No probs encountered...

I have a friend who works for AC and she says your ticket as such is stored in their computer...if you want an actual ticket...they now charge.

Enjoy your trip!

don't worry about the credit card thing.

Last yr. I booked for my cousin and his wife using my credit card and it mentioned bringing the credit card as proof but of course they weren't going to have my credit card. They got on the plane no problem with just the e-ticket itinerary/receipt and they are foreigners.

I just bought a plane ticket for my mom and I'm not worried about her getting on.

My travel agent printed out an e-ticket for us. It had the reservation #s on it. We did not receive tickets. At the airport we had to use the Express Check In Kiosk to check ourselves in since there were no agents for check in! (This was around 4:30 pm!) :rolleyes: Anyhow, it was fortunate we had the credit card we used to pay the agent as you need it to use the Express Kiosks. Just thought I should mention it in case there are no check in counters open when you fly out of Pearson. Funny thing is you still have to go to an agent after you print your Express tickets to have your luggage tagged! When we were leaving from Orlando we just gave the paper with res # on it and a ticket agent checked us in.

Sorry just reread your post. The reason they ask for the CC is for the Kiosks. You insert the CC into the kiosk and it pulls up your reservatons. From there you enter in your ID, etc... and actual tickets are printed. You probably should give AC a call to find out what to do since you don't have the CC they were paid with.

I can think of a few possibilities as to why one is asked to bring a credit card.

If the ticket is fully paid for, one receives an eticket (either by fax, or by email); I believe that AC will give a paper ticket, with an extra charge.

If the letter stated bring a credit card, it could have stated that you have the option of using the kiosk (self-ticketing machines) to generate your own boarding pass, vs standing in the regular line, which would not have required the credit card. However, the kiosks also take one's Aeroplan plastic card, in lieu of the credit card.

If someone had booked a full fare economy ticket, but had not purchased it, you would need your credit card from the airport ticketing agent, to purchase it.

If someone had purchased a discount economy ticket, that person would have had to purchase the ticket, and you would not need a credit card at the airport; only a photo id.

If someone had booked an Aeroplan award ticket, that person would have had to pay the taxes and fees, and therefore the only thing you would need to show at the airport is a photo id (passport if you are flying transborder), but not a credit card.

In the latter 2 situations, if you needed to change the flights at the airport, you would indeed need a credit card at the airport, for the change fees.

I too have an electronic ticket and it says on mine that I need to bring a picture ID but nothing about a credit card. I'll have my VISA with me though but I haven't heard of anyone having problems with e-tickets.

If you have an Aeroplan card, you can use that for express check-in as well. Just phone AC, and have them put the flight on your Aeroplan (person buying for you couldn't have used the Aeroplan miles anyway). If not, you can phone and have them fax you the e-ticket.

Ciao,
Mort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter