Question about Kid's eating on the Silver Plan

Octoberbeauty

Always in our hearts and in our prayers
I was wondering if the kids have to order off the kid's menus when they're on the Silver Plan because my kids like "real" food, lol and they're not going to want chicken nuggets, burgers and macaroni and cheese all the time. :( DD's (5) favorite foods are vegetables: mushrooms, broccoli and carrots especially. DS's (5) are...well he's a meat and potatoes man, lol; loves pork chops, chicken & rice, etc. I know that their wishes are "cheaper", so I wouldn't expect to get an appetizer, etc., but like I said they won't be happen with the limited children's menu's either. I would appreciate any info on this. ::yes::

Thanks,
Sherry

::MinnieMo pirate: princess:

We will be using the silver plan for the 1st time on our upcoming trip. According to other posters, once the wishes are paid for they are all considered equal. In fact, some posters have suggested that if your child is going to order off the kids menu to pay for their meals separately and save the wishes for something else. So I would say that there would be no problem with your kids ordering off the regular menu. In fact, since the gratuity is automatically calculated and included when you use wishes, your server may appreciate it as well.:wave:

It is true that all wishes are pooled together. But the brochure states that "Children ages 3 to 9 must order from the children's menu where available". My DS7, at the time, would have preferred "real" food also. What we did was order him a kids meal and we each shared some of our "real" food with him.

We did the Gold Plan for quite a few years when our children were younger. Two of ours usually preferred kid's food at those ages but our oldest was always more adventuresome. He never had trouble ordering off the adult menu.

We used the silver plan in Oct 2002.Our youngest son was then 9yrs old, and we paid the children's rate for the silver plan for him.

The silver plan brochure does state that children ages 3-9 must order from the childrens menu when available.

Now, having said that, there are some restaurants who do allow a child 9 and under to order off of the regular menu.One that comes to mind is RainForest.
Then there are some that strictly go by the brochure rule, and children ages 3-9 MUST order from the children's menu.I know for a fact that Sci-Fi inforces this.

So, my best advice to you is, at every restaurant tell your server that you are on the silver plan before you order.Ask them about the rules for your child 9 or under, and they will let you know what they can and cannot order.
It is in their benefit to get you everything your entitled to because it means a greater tip for them ;)

Remember that you pay about $21.50 for a child's wish though.So if it is a buffet costing 8.99 (child's price) your better off paying cash for that meal and saving your wish.
Make sense???

~Chris

We did the sliver package with a seven year old who prefers adult food. Most of the restayrants were very strict about kids must eat off the kids menu. We paid for a few of her meals with $$$ and used her wishes for other things. Also, she was able to share from our meals - with the appetizer, meal, and dessert we often had more than enough food.

Some places would substitue veggies for fries

Originally posted by Vavasmon
We did the sliver package with a seven year old who prefers adult food. Most of the restayrants were very strict about kids must eat off the kids menu. We paid for a few of her meals with $$$ and used her wishes for other things.

My Family is going in October and using the Silver Plan and would like to pay $$$ for our childs meals. How does this work? Do you tell the server beforehand that the adults are using wishes and paying for your childs meal cash? Have you ever been told that you cannot separate the check like that? How recent is your info?

Sorry if I seem a little intense but this thread has answered more than a few of my questions and I need these answered to make it all complete......

The Captain of The Black Pearlpirate:

Originally posted by The Black Pearl
My Family is going in October and using the Silver Plan and would like to pay $$$ for our childs meals. How does this work? Do you tell the server beforehand that the adults are using wishes and paying for your childs meal cash? Have you ever been told that you cannot separate the check like that? How recent is your info?

Sorry if I seem a little intense but this thread has answered more than a few of my questions and I need these answered to make it all complete......

The Captain of The Black Pearlpirate:

The times that we paid $ for DS meals, before placing our order, we just said that we are using 3 wishes and we will be paying for DS kids meal with cash. This was lasy July and I'm sure you will have no problems doing this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter