Question About Aging Into Adult Activities

MrsInsG

Mouseketeer
Here is a bit of a random question - We are planning to cruise over Christmas of '25. Our youngest daughter will turn 18 within a few days of disembarking. I know Disney often will allow a child who is aging into the next level to do so if their birthday is within the next 30 days. Is that still the case for a person aging into adult activities? Specifically, the adult pool and dinner at Palo or Remy?

Thanks!

Palo and Remy will be impossible. No one who looks and acts like an adult will get carded at the adult pool.

My 19 yr old has gotten carded multiple times at the adult pool when she is simply tanning. Many people say that she looks older than she is. They definitely do card a lot on the adult pool until they become familiar with individuals.

My 19 yr old has gotten carded multiple times at the adult pool when she is simply tanning. Many people say that she looks older than she is. They definitely do card a lot on the adult pool until they become familiar with individuals.
I agree. My then 19 yr old got carded when going in an empty adult pool with me last year. Amazingly the previous year my then 18 and 22 yr olds had no issues in the adult areas, but they were both wearing graduation ears, so maybe that helped

Palo and Remy will be impossible. No one who looks and acts like an adult will get carded at the adult pool.

I've seen girls who were being very well-behaved in the adult pool area get carded. One had her card. The other either legit didn't or said she didn't , but after talking with the CM they packed up their towels and moved elsewhere which makes me think the one "without" her card wasn't 18 (because otherwise just run back to the cabin and get it). It was done very discreetly. I only know it happened because they happened to be in my sight line.

Our youngest daughter will turn 18 within a few days of disembarking.
If you can shift your cruise date, she'll be able to take advantage of both teen and adult. Embarkation until the birthday = Vibe; then birthday to debarkation = Adult.

But that would mean not cruising "over Christmas" if you truly mean on the actual holiday. Depending on the birthday and cruise schedules, maybe New Years...

They are definitely strict my son turned 18 two days after we got off the ship and he was not allowed to join us in Palo. We had his girlfriend with us on that sailing too who was 18 who joined us in Palo and couldn’t go into vibe like he could. She loved taunting him with the pictures of all the delicious food since he’s such a foodie.

I know Disney often will allow a child who is aging into the next level to do so if their birthday is within the next 30 days. Is that still the case for a person aging into adult activities?

Thanks!
Is this typical? My 13, next month 14 year old would love to spend time in the vibe. Do you just ask?

They might ask as stated above. My daughter was also carded several times just like the above mentioned. But they all seemed to read the card and do the math to see if they would qualify to be where they were. I suggest you have your them arrive at the first 1820 Society meeting early and explained to the leader that they will be turning 18 on a certain day during the ship. Ask if they can be part of the planning portion of the meeting so that they can join later when they are 18 considering it would be a legal nightmare for Disney to let them be included before hand.

I wonder if they would print a new KTTW card at the front desk?

Sorry, I just reread your original post and my dyslexic mind was thinking that your child would turn 18 during the cruise. And not after.

They might ask as stated above. My daughter was also carded several times just like the above mentioned. But they all seemed to read the card and do the math to see if they would qualify to be where they were. I suggest you have your them arrive at the first 1820 Society meeting early and explained to the leader that they will be turning 18 on a certain day during the ship. Ask if they can be part of the planning portion of the meeting so that they can join later when they are 18 considering it would be a legal nightmare for Disney to let them be included before hand.

I wonder if they would print a new KTTW card at the front desk?

Sorry, I just reread your original post and my dyslexic mind was thinking that your child would turn 18 during the cruise. And not after.

I know that the OP didn't ask it, but I thought I'd answer your question about the KTTW card. My daughter turned 18 while on the ship. They did advise her to go to guest services to get a new KTTW card on her birthday. On the upside, once we were on board they allowed us to book Palo for her for the day after she turned 18.

they all seemed to read the card and do the math to see if they would qualify to be where they were.
Unless something has changed, no "math" to do because there is no birthdate on the KTTW card; instead it is coded with "A" or "B" to designate adults (21+ vs 18-20). And yes if someone has a birthday during the cruise, a new KTTW card will be issued at Guest Services.

Unless something has changed, no "math" to do because there is no birthdate on the KTTW card; instead it is coded with "A" or "B" to designate adults (21+ vs 18-20). And yes if someone has a birthday during the cruise, a new KTTW card will be issued at Guest Services.
Good point I’m remembering now there is no birthday on there. I wonder what the heck they were looking at it so long for? What could they have possibly been looking at my daughter’s card for so long for? Were they thinking she was trying to pull some kind of fraud?

My daughter is 18 but looks very young. Are they pretty nice when they card people? I can see my daughter getting embarrassed very easily.

Yes, they just ask nicely to see the card.
My daughter won't be 18 until next year, but I'm just wondering in advance about people that are now using the magic band+. Do they have to have their card with them too? (I'm not buying the bands--I think it's just another way for Disney to upcharge something unnecessary, but I'm sure other people will.)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter