• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about adding days to tickets.

TQrtrms

Earning My Ears
I have some 3 day one park tickets we got as a gift. They purchased them at a place other than thru Disney. I linked them to my Disney account. I went in to add a day to them and the cost is showing as if I am just buying a one day ticket. Is that correct?

When were the 3-day tickets bought? If there has been a price increase since then, you get hit with the new price when adding on a day.

Are you saying you have three single day tickets? If so, I think adding a day to a single day ticket would cost the same price as a one day ticket.

They were just bought a few days ago.
There is almost no savings on multi-day Disney tickets until day 5/6 so adding a day will cost practically as much as a fresh one day ticket.
181A4F8F-40F5-44E6-BB30-4D4699AA1899.png
And keep in mind these numbers change depending on the dates you’re looking at. They are not set but it shows what sort of lack of price difference you’re looking at for short Disney tickets.

I called and was told since they were not bought thru Disney we can not just add a day we will have to just buy a one day pass. Does that sound right?

There is almost no savings on multi-day Disney tickets until day 5/6 so adding a day will cost practically as much as a fresh one day ticket.
View attachment 699382
And keep in mind these numbers change depending on the dates you’re looking at. They are not set but it shows what sort of lack of price difference you’re looking at for short Disney tickets.
Okay thanks. I will just have to basically buy 1 day pass. If I had known they was buying we would of done it differently because we can get the resident passes a bit cheaper. But hey not gonna complain to much when they were free.

Is this the same topic you asked about earlier this year (March, 2022)? You mentioned at that time having individual 1-day tickets. This thread seems to be asking about adding an additional day to existing 3-day tickets. Does this still relate to wanting to add a park hopper option?

Is this the same topic you asked about earlier this year (March, 2022)? You mentioned at that time having individual 1-day tickets. This thread seems to be asking about adding an additional day to existing 3-day tickets. Does this still relate to wanting to add a park hopper option?
No, OP says these tickets were purchased just a few days ago.

They were just bought a few days ago.

I called and was told since they were not bought thru Disney we can not just add a day we will have to just buy a one day pass. Does that sound right?
That's false, we bought tickets from UT, if you have the tickets linked in your MDE account, just call, had one rep tell us we had to wait because we didn't' have a confirmation ticket number, called later and added 3 days to the tickets that are already in our MDE account.

3 day one park tickets
Are these 3 singe day tickets? Or 1 three-day ticket?
No, that is not correct. Have you linked the tickets to MDE? You can probably upgrade them yourself, but if not they still must be linked for an upgrade. But PP is correct that there is only minimal savings for days 2-4; how much may depend on your actual dates.

If you actually have 3 separate one-day tickets, you cannot combine them to upgrade to a single 4-day ticket without some pixie-dust.

Last edited:
That's false, we bought tickets from UT, if you have the tickets linked in your MDE account, just call, had one rep tell us we had to wait because we didn't' have a confirmation ticket number, called later and added 3 days to the tickets that are already in our MDE account.
Next time, you don't even have to call anyone. You can add on to tickets right on your MDE. It's super easy. I've done it myself, to tickets bought from UT. As long you haven't maxed out the tickets, which of course, you couldn't add to them on the phone either. Anyway, just a note for next time

We just returned from our trip and considered adding a day onto our ticket. Check in your app. It looks like that is now a way to add a day as well.
Or the website. Been able to do it on there for a long time actually. Just go to the ticket and click Modify

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter