Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@Donalddidwhat…?! , :welcome:I am happy you’re here, and look forward to learning more about you!

Thank you, and same with regards to getting to know all of y’all…!!! 🙂

The short version, for now…
I’m 61 years old and have been married for 35 years.
My wife and I have 3 grown children. 2 daughters, with a special needs son in between.
We also have 2 young granddaughters, ages 5 and 2.
We have another WDW family trip coming up in late June/early July…!!! 😊

Thank you again for the warm welcome…!!! 🙂

Good morning. Clouding over and they say rain by noontime, temps will be in the 60's instead of near 90 like it was yesterday. At least the breeze made it a little cooler.

I mowed the rest of the lawn last night after dinner, and then settled in for Survivor, where another overconfident tribe member went home and to the jury with an idol in their pocket. So far everyone on the jury made the same error. I heard the next season is going to bring back players from the past. I'm hoping Ozzie will be back, he's always been my favorite

I don't have any outside work to do today. So I'm going to dust and vacuum and clean bathrooms and get that out of the way.

Have a great Thursday!

1715265804375.png

Happy Friday Eve. :sunny:

Late morning for me jumping on here. We didn't get the rain last night like they predicted, it all stayed south of Cincinnati. 🌧️ The insurance guy came out yesterday to inspect the water in my basement coming from the chimney. He said I have a 50/50 shot of it being covered. Of course nothing could be easy for me, I'm expecting a deny email this week.>:(

My brake fluid light came on Sunday morning so Mitchell filled that up for me, sure enough it was back on yesterday 🤬. I took it over to him and he looked around, said something is leaking take it to Evan for him to look at. So I had to drive down to Evan's house and he looked and said I need a new caliber in the back. I'll have to stop at Napa and get that so him or Mitchell can install it. Bright side is that I got to see Mia last night 🥰. We took a little walk on their street, played on the swing in her backyard and then just played while Evan finished up.

Got home late and missed the first 30 minutes of Survivor, I'll go back and watch that part tonight maybe. Okay with who went home. Same for The Amazing Race, the couple that went home were kinda boring so wasn't too disappointed.

We’re already gettin’ into the triple digit “real feels” here in the Austin, Texas area.
No thanks! Even though we sometimes get that hot, and I would love to live in Florida where that's normal, I still dread those temps around here.🥵

I heard the next season is going to bring back players from the past. I'm hoping Ozzie will be back, he's always been my favorite
Ozzie!!!!! My absolute favorite!! I'll go back and rewatch his old seasons. He wasn't a good strategic player but I loved watching him in the challenges. 😍

Almost lunch time, eating early today. Have a great day! :wave:

Thank you, and same with regards to getting to know all of y’all…!!! 🙂

The short version, for now…
I’m 61 years old and have been married for 35 years.
My wife and I have 3 grown children. 2 daughters, with a special needs son in between.
We also have 2 young granddaughters, ages 5 and 2.
We have another WDW family trip coming up in late June/early July…!!! 😊

Thank you again for the warm welcome…!!! 🙂

Welcome to the thread, and enjoy planning that trip!!

Quiet day here. We had a ton of rain yesterday, but it's much better out today (...and our lawn guy came, so it doesn't look scraggly compared to the neighbors' anymore!)

I did some wrap-up work from the comedy night, took the cats out, and plan to run to the store in a little while. That's about it.

Welcome Donald! Lovely family you have. Those temps are crazy for this time of year. Thankfully right now our temps are reasonable here in MA.

@flyingdumbo127 You need to do what works for you. I hope you can find someone soon.

@bobbiwoz Hope your tooth is fixed!

Today was my in the office day. Then I had to rush back to the condo to log back in for a zoom meeting. It will be nice not to have to drive to the office next week. I took a walk after work. The sun was out for a bit of the morning but now the clouds are rolling back in. There may be some rain but I hope it holds off so the painters can come by and paint the deck door and trim. I have been overthinking my packing with trying to organize my toiletry bags. I finally just told myself to throw them into the suitcase as it and be done.

Have a good rest of the day.

Happy Friday Eve. :sunny:

Late morning for me jumping on here. We didn't get the rain last night like they predicted, it all stayed south of Cincinnati. 🌧️

Happy Friday Eve to you too…!!! 🙂
They’re predictin’ t-storms and possible hail for us later this evenin’, but I’m not seein’ anything crazy buildin’ up out there…yet. 😉

My brake fluid light came on Sunday morning so Mitchell filled that up for me, sure enough it was back on yesterday 🤬.

Car fun…!!!!! 😜 Sorry to hear about that…!!!
About a month ago, I noticed my DWifey’s car makin’ noise on a visit to my folks. I popped the hood and noticed the main belt pulley wobbling ever so slightly…exactly as I thought, water pump on the way out. I told the shop what the problem was before we had it towed, and they still tried to charge us for a diagnostic. It was the dealership, as the car is still under warranty. Backup was doesn’t the warranty still cover the diagnostic…?!?!?! 🤣 No you don’t, and they dropped the charge…!!!
I’ve worked on enough cars over the years to know what’s goin’ on.

No thanks! Even though we sometimes get that hot, and I would love to live in Florida where that's normal, I still dread those temps around here.🥵

Yea, it’s pretty toasty even for us this time of year.

Almost lunch time, eating early today. Have a great day! :wave:

Hope you enjoyed your lunch, and that you’re havin’ a great day, as well…!!! 🙂

Good morning. It is 47 here and cloudy. I hope it doesn't rain so the painting can get done. I am not available on Friday for another 2 weeks and they may just "forget" about me at that point. People here are pretty fed up with the builder and his antics. Everyone has a story to tell, none of them good ones. I have a neighbor across the street and down a few condos who came from the same condo complex I came from which I disliked so much. I was told by another person here that he was a trustee there and I knew I recognized his name when I heard it. I went back to some old emails from that condo and sure enough, there was his name. He did not like it either but I think he was there longer than me. Small world.

Off to work. I work 6:30-2 4 days a week and 6-12 and then 1-2 on the days I drive into the office. I drive in at 5 am to avoid rush hour traffic. I drive back to the condo between 12 and 1 on the office day. I am up early so may as well get started working and get it over with!

Have a good day.

Happy Friday!!!:banana:

Didn't do much after work yesterday. I was going to go for a walk but I didn't want to get caught in the rain so I cleaned up the backyard, hoping the grass gets cut today. My mulch gets delivered later today. I won't be mad if Evan and Mitchell just go ahead and put it in the landscaping so I don't have to do it tomorrow. I'm hoping to get my flowers today after work and then run to Napa and get the part for my car tomorrow.:car:

Snowysmom - that is my idea of good work schedule. I was doing 6:30-3 when we came back after the COVID shutdown but that only lasted about 8 months, then I pushed it to 7-3:30 and that stuck for quite a while and then my boss said I had to go back to my 7:30-4 schedule. I really liked the earlier hours for the less traffic and I got a better parking spot.😁

That's it for me. Have a great day and a wonderful Mother's Day for all the moms on here. :wave:

Donald, hug, humidity and I don't mix well at all especially with my TMJ. Keep cool and don't over do it in swampy weather.

Thank you, and sorry for the late response…!!! :-)
I stayed nice and cool inside…!
We had a front come through the whole Central Texas area last night with severe t-storm warnings, along with hail and possible tornadoes.
Some areas have some wind damage, but they have yet to verify whether or not it was straight-line winds or possibly tornadoes.
One area had baseball-sized hail, and another had grapefruit-sized hail…I saw pics on the news.
Through all of that, we got nary a drop of rain.
Thankfully, the cool front knocked out the humidity and brought the temps down considerably.
Our dogs are currently outside chillin’ in the cool air…!!!!! 😅
Current weather below, and quite a difference from what I posted yesterday…

995AA20F-0A5A-4C1C-9FDE-EC0F47019AD9.jpeg

Hope all are well, and having a great day on this Friday…!!! 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter