Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Okay, so, in keeping with my ability to follow a whim on a moment's notice, I was browsing through the DVC booking site and found a room available at Grand Floridian prior to my nights at Animal Kingdom.

I now have a split stay - Lagoon View at Grand Floridian and then on to Animal Kingdom Villas.
The Grand Floridian room is 'princess like' and the girls and my DD have never stayed there. It is also big, spacious and light and airy feeling. They will LOVE it! I stayed there last November and enjoyed it.

I have one night open between the two hotels and I may actually stay at the Hyatt that night. My car would be parked at VGF and it would be a relatively short drive over there if we spent the day at Magic Kingdom with the girls. A day with myself and a 7 and 8 years old is not opening to close. We would probably do 2 sessions with a break in between. Now I have to start looking at hours and other stuff. I already know I would want a waffle from Sleepy Hollow for breakfast, lol.

My DD is actually off the week before from her job. She will have Friday off and works from Home Wed and Thurs, so could actually fly out Tuesday night and meet us. She can WFH at Disney. I've let her know about the AKV part and she's onboard. Now I have to call or text and let her know I've rearranged her life a bit more, if she so desires to come earlier. My guess is it won't be any problem.

Good rainy Saturday. Happy first day of fall!
Temps will only go to 60 today and tomorrow with rain both days. Our niece and her husband and kids had a long planned weekend in Ocean City. They got there yesterday and it was so windy, and rainy, that they turned around and came back home. They were afraid that the Bay Bridge would get closed because of the winds and that they wouldn't be able to get home.

It's not windy here, just raining lightly on and off. It's a good weekend for me to stay in and get more cleaning in the cellar done. I closed all but 1 window here in the computer room, so Don doesn't complain about turning the heat on. Too late, he already said something, lol. I am making a pot of homemade beef stew for dinner. Nice cozy meal for a rainy day. He will be watching football anyhow.

@Judique I'm a bit upset with HP right now. The laptop I bought was a windows 10S. I purposely bought a windows 10, as I've heard too many horror stories about 11. I know it was S, because it showed 10 everywhere it was supposed to. I removed the S part so that I could download from other places than microsoft store.
Yesterday morning I turn on the laptop and it says updates are ready. No where did it tell me what the updates were. It finished, and all of a sudden my laptop was now Windows 11. Nothing would work right. I got on a chat, they took remote control of it to figure it out. 1 1/2 hours later, some things were back where they were, they updated the bios etc. Gave me a phone # to call to get it rolled back to Windows 10. After getting 4 reps and being disconnected 4 times, I finally got an English speaking person (no offense meant, most of the others are too hard to understand). They tell me I need HP Smart Friend to do it. Cost was $16.99 a month of $150 a year for 24/7 support. I did it for a month, just to get the laptop back to 10. The guy had me put in 32 gb flash drive, and downloaded all the files off the computer for 10, and then had me install them. Then it showed me it needed more updates. I looked and looked, but no where was there anything that said 11, so I let it put them all in. Not what I intended to have to do with a 5 day old laptop! Then there was a warranty issue. It has a 1 year warranty, but the computer's screen under system was telling me it expired in April of 2024. They had to go in and match my serial # to confirm it did have 1 year and they fixed in their system. I'm almost regretting buying this. Too many problems in the first few days :(

No plans for the day yet except cleaning.

I hope everyone stays safe if in the tropical storms path!

View attachment 796279
Aww, I'm sorry about your tech problems!
This is my HP, and what it costs now. I've not had any problems with windows 11, and had upgraded my other laptop to it previously. This is from Costco and I like the warranty with Costco as there is 90 days upfront to return with no questions asked.

HP ENVY x360 15.6" Intel Evo Platform 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop - 13th Gen Intel Core i7-1355U - 1080p - Windows 11​

Item 1009815​

Model 15-ew1073cl​

5.0 out of 5 stars. Read reviews for average rating value is 5.0 of 5. Read 24 Reviews Same page link.
5.0(24)
Write a review
Online Price1,199.99$
Less300.00$-

Your Price: 899.99​

Adding in:

Warranty & Services​

• 2nd Year Warranty
    Free Technical Support
    90 Day Return Policy

Hooray for a WDW trip, dear Judique!::MickeyMoThank you for your kind help for Lynn, too🖥️

Lynn:grouphug:and computer (and all around including for Summer) 🙏Years ago, I mean years ago as in the 90's, dad and I had trouble with HP. Mostly with their even then older printers. I'm sorry your HP is still not cooperating! :( Please have a good first day of Fall anyway!

💕extra Snowysmom and always prayers of peace to you dear friend. Thank you for your extra feet prayers. They hurt right now from early morning use. Dad is right I am walking better overall. The low doses of ibuprofen have helped. I'll take one more later and twice tomorrow, go from there. I'll also elevate/cool towel. I just wish this process were quicker!

Autumn joy to all with love.

Aww, I'm sorry about your tech problems!
This is my HP, and what it costs now. I've not had any problems with windows 11, and had upgraded my other laptop to it previously. This is from Costco and I like the warranty with Costco as there is 90 days upfront to return with no questions asked.

HP ENVY x360 15.6" Intel Evo Platform 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop - 13th Gen Intel Core i7-1355U - 1080p - Windows 11​

Item 1009815​

Model 15-ew1073cl​

5.0 out of 5 stars. Read reviews for average rating value is 5.0 of 5. Read 24 Reviews Same page link.
5.0(24)
Write a review
Online Price1,199.99$
Less300.00$-

Your Price: 899.99​

Adding in:

Warranty & Services​

• 2nd Year Warranty
    Free Technical Support
    90 Day Return Policy
Sounds like a nice laptop. We don't have a Costco near us (closest is in Hagerstown). Mine came from Walmart. It's a touchscreen too. Mine cost almost $450. I like it, I just don't care for Windows 11. If I ever have to switch, I could live with it but for now I'm happy having 10. That's what I keep on the desktop PC and I'm just more used to it and haven't had any issues. Thanks!

Lynn :hug: as I have shared before and most likely will again, I almost always prefer older (simpler) technology and the original version of a product, too! Often cheaper and tastes better too! I hear you for sure and of course pray your new computer will work well for you, you know that! :)

Happy Saturday all...our weather seems to have taken a turn toward fall and it feels amazing.

My friend and I are headed to meet our hubbys in Rhode Island on Monday so I'm happy about that. I'm really excited to see some fall leaves since we don't see much of that in the desert. Hoping to get to explore some of Boston this trip and not just the drive to and from the airport.

I'm working on packing and cleaning today so I can put out some of my Halloween decorations since I'll be gone until the 2nd week of October. DD can enjoy it while I'm gone. Pulled my suitcase out yesterday and Dolly already seems to know I'm leaving soon...poor thing. :laughing: Jager is really attached to DD so he doesn't seem to be as bothered while DH and I are gone.

I hope you all have a nice, relaxing weekend.

Good afternoon! We are doing our Halloween decorations today, too. And sorting through a bunch of bags and boxes (in storage in the in-law apt) and general straightening up. We have a lot of dog hair from Grady now that we have to keep up with. It’s rainy here today so I doubt we’ll go out. Tired from my work week anyway.

Snowysmom, thanks for sharing about your trip. Your words about the waitress in France pavilion made me tear up. What a sweet young lady. And you’re right, little things can make a big difference. Someone else said it, but I’m so proud of you, too. It’s a big feat doing a solo trip like that, and you did it! It’s natural that there would be some sad moments, as well. I hope some day you can do another if you feel like it. I agree about the news. It’s all my patients were talking about this week. I’m hopeful that once you settle into your new home things will start to seem better. You’ve had an awful lot on your plate for such a long time.

Judique you have a lot of travel coming up which is nice. Which Hyatt do you do? We liked Hyatt Place at Lake Buena Vista a lot when we stayed there in Dec, and we’re staying at a HP in Arizona soon. We’ve enjoyed the Hyatt Grand Cypress by Disney Springs, as well, especially their Regency Club. We met a nice lady there and she made us promise to get in touch with her when we stay there again. We have another Kronos Club room booked for later this year and we’re looking forward to being back there.

Auntie, glad you’re enjoying New England. If you need Boston ideas or advice, let us know! I hope you eat in the North End, that’s one of my favorite things to do, but there’s so much else.

Mona, glad your foot is feeling better.

Lynn, that sounded so complicated! We haven’t had a laptop in over 10 years! They all kept getting viruses and malware despite DH keeping their security tighter than a drum. The last one was after the fire we had, somehow the protection didn’t get put back on it by Verizon Fios and it bit the dust, too. Since then all we all use are iPads. We all have iPad Pros which are the big ones (12.9 inch). DD and I have the Magic Keyboards, as well. That makes it look and feel like a laptop. They are so simple to use and to update. Never have any problems (knock on wood). If you are in WalMart, check it out - in fact, that’s where I first saw mine and as soon as I saw it, I was like that’s what I’m getting. There’s not much you can’t do on it. DD used hers exclusively for her graduate program. It’s simple from the get-go and there’s plenty of help at the Apple Store if need be. I’ve only had to go in a few times (for phone issues, never iPad) but I’ve found they always go above and beyond, saying, “Anything else you need fixed while you’re here?” If you get tired of dealing with a laptop it’s something to consider. Pricier, yes, but they’re great. I’ve had my current set up for probably three years and haven’t had any problems with either device. It’s also great for music and videos, like watching Netflix, etc.

1695492983014.jpeg

Well I hope everyone enjoys the rest of this Saturday! 🐥

🙏for safe and fun travels, AuntieMe3:grouphug:I am PMing you! :)

Thank you dear, Pea:hug:Dad and I just talked about how because this is my foot the process is slow. I admit to wishing my feet would be back to normal already! Grace of God, of course, they are slowly getting better. So grateful. Many 🙏you get some rest!

All is quiet around here. We are going to put up a couple Autumn wall decorations in our kitchen this afternoon. We're waiting on expected packages both through the mail and also from Walmart. Dad, thank God, stayed home today. He really needs to stay home much more often especially with a busier upcoming week ahead.

Wishing all of you a happy afternoon!🌸

Good afternoon! We are doing our Halloween decorations today, too. And sorting through a bunch of bags and boxes (in storage in the in-law apt) and general straightening up. We have a lot of dog hair from Grady now that we have to keep up with. It’s rainy here today so I doubt we’ll go out. Tired from my work week anyway.

Snowysmom, thanks for sharing about your trip. Your words about the waitress in France pavilion made me tear up. What a sweet young lady. And you’re right, little things can make a big difference. Someone else said it, but I’m so proud of you, too. It’s a big feat doing a solo trip like that, and you did it! It’s natural that there would be some sad moments, as well. I hope some day you can do another if you feel like it. I agree about the news. It’s all my patients were talking about this week. I’m hopeful that once you settle into your new home things will start to seem better. You’ve had an awful lot on your plate for such a long time.

Judique you have a lot of travel coming up which is nice. Which Hyatt do you do? We liked Hyatt Place at Lake Buena Vista a lot when we stayed there in Dec, and we’re staying at a HP in Arizona soon. We’ve enjoyed the Hyatt Grand Cypress by Disney Springs, as well, especially their Regency Club. We met a nice lady there and she made us promise to get in touch with her when we stay there again. We have another Kronos Club room booked for later this year and we’re looking forward to being back there.

Auntie, glad you’re enjoying New England. If you need Boston ideas or advice, let us know! I hope you eat in the North End, that’s one of my favorite things to do, but there’s so much else.

Mona, glad your foot is feeling better.

Lynn, that sounded so complicated! We haven’t had a laptop in over 10 years! They all kept getting viruses and malware despite DH keeping their security tighter than a drum. The last one was after the fire we had, somehow the protection didn’t get put back on it by Verizon Fios and it bit the dust, too. Since then all we all use are iPads. We all have iPad Pros which are the big ones (12.9 inch). DD and I have the Magic Keyboards, as well. That makes it look and feel like a laptop. They are so simple to use and to update. Never have any problems (knock on wood). If you are in WalMart, check it out - in fact, that’s where I first saw mine and as soon as I saw it, I was like that’s what I’m getting. There’s not much you can’t do on it. DD used hers exclusively for her graduate program. It’s simple from the get-go and there’s plenty of help at the Apple Store if need be. I’ve only had to go in a few times (for phone issues, never iPad) but I’ve found they always go above and beyond, saying, “Anything else you need fixed while you’re here?” If you get tired of dealing with a laptop it’s something to consider. Pricier, yes, but they’re great. I’ve had my current set up for probably three years and haven’t had any problems with either device. It’s also great for music and videos, like watching Netflix, etc.

View attachment 796318

Well I hope everyone enjoys the rest of this Saturday! 🐥
Glad to hear you liked the Hyatt Place Lake Buena Vista. That's the one I'm going to book. I also considered the Grand Cypress, but since it's just for sleeping and breakfast, the Hyatt Place is far simpler than a resort. I actually prefer the Residence Inn at Flamingo Crossings over on the other side of Disney/AK, but they only let me book a room for 2 people with my Marriott points. The spring break trip we need sleeping space for 5 people. My younger DD wants to come so I also changed the Disney AKV part to a 1 bedroom for our nights there. A 2 bedroom would have been more space but I would have had to borrow points from next year. The one bedroom has a sofa sleeper, a sleeping chair and a king bed. It will be nicer when all the sofa sleepers are changed into the Murphy wall beds.

And, since I have tickets plus annual pass vouchers that I purchased back in 2014 and 2015, I went into sticker shock looking at a 5 day pass for one of the girls! Younger DD is buying it for her, but, but wow! I haven't kept up with ticket prices as I'm good to go for myself.

@Judique Your Disney plans sound like fun. It will be nice to have everyone together. I was thinking of looking into the bounce back offer for May 2024 but decided against it. I am not sure where I will be down the road and if that is what I will want to do. Plus the rooms for that offer are limited and I am very specific about where I would want to stay.

@flyingdumbo127 Glad your feet are feeling better. It does take time but you are going in the right direction.

Good morning. Another dreary cloudy day. Rain expected again. Kenny got alot done at the condo yesterday. My TV is up and cable seems to work. He put on the window well covers. He also put up 2 curtain rods. Now only 3 more to go. He plugged in the cable and internet boxes to the power strip so when my desk moves into the second bedroom I can put stuff on the desk and under the desk. He did ask me when I was moving into the condo. I asked him if he wanted me out of his house by a certain date and he said no, he just needs to make plans. Not sure what plans those are but I told him I need to get things set up once the furniture is in. That will probably take a week or so. I was outside looking at the electric and propane meters when a woman stopped to say hi. She is the same one I met months ago when I was choosing my countertops etc. I remembered her name and she even remembered my name. We chatted for a while. She lives on the other side of the green space. I could wave to her from my deck. She was one of the first to move in. She likes it there in spite of the issues. She elaborated that the area in the middle is swampy, she needs grass to be grown on the hilly area she has, and there are some other things. I guess new builds are difficult and every complex has its' issues. The bottom line is everyone wants things done before the builder leaves and dissolves the LLC. I am going back today to vacuum and bring over some clothes and my clock. The clock is one that Chris and I had for so many years and I want it up on the wall in the living room.

Have a good Sunday.

Good morning. Another gray and cloudy day, chance of rain. It really poured down last night. My side yard looks like a sea of black walnuts. I'll pick them up when the grass dries out and throw them back in the hedges for the squirrels to find. It was nice to have the beef stew simmering in the crockpot all afternoon. The house smelled good and it made dinner easy. It was pretty tasty too. I'm going to make ribs, baked potatoes, and coleslaw for dinner tonight. When the weather starts turning cooler, I feel more like cooking. We are only supposed to be in the 60's all week until Friday. More chance of rain a couple of the days in the middle of the week. I heard from both Dave and Darryl yesterday. Dave found all the live edge boards in his saw mill for the shelves, and might come over one night this week. Darryl and his nephew and brother in law are coming next weekend to see what they can do with the tree. I don't care if they wait until the leaves have all fallen off, I don't know if it's easier or not.

Off to put the dry rub on the ribs and put them in the fridge till this afternoon. Have a great Sunday everyone

1695561301519.png

I was outside looking at the electric and propane meters when a woman stopped to say hi. She is the same one I met months ago when I was choosing my countertops etc. I remembered her name and she even remembered my name. We chatted for a while. She lives on the other side of the green space.
Nice to hear you have a potential friend close by!

Mona, you might be able to speed up the process if you went up on the ibuprofen.

Also glad you connected with someone, Snowysmom!

Have to get the morning going, I have a hair appt in the early afternoon and I want to keep going with my clothes.

DD has a date tonight. Not with restaurant guy, someone else. They’ve been communicating and sound like they have a lot in common. 🤞

I hope everyone has a good Sunday! 🐥

I am pleased to report DH is safely back from a longer than average business trip! (I don't usually post online that he's not home, so I might not have mentioned it while he was away.) It's nice to have him here again, and we have a birthday lunch for BIL later, so his folks will get to see him too.

Weather-wise, it's another grey and rainy day here. But I'm embracing the cozy sweatshirt thing. 🍁🍂🍁 Yay fall!

Happy Sunday!

Beautiful Fall picture Pea! 🙏your daughter's date goes well! I was actually thinking about stopping the ibuprofen after today. I've been taking two very low doses since last Tuesday. I just don't like the idea of being on it much longer. I do think (sure pray) it has helped. My feet at times especially after my shower (having been standing in one place) and sometimes right when I get up are sure sore. Slowly but surely. I am grateful.

Judique, may you and your family enjoy a safe and wonderful trip::MickeyMoI do look forward to hearing about it.

Snowysmom:grouphug:I'm also so thankful you have a potential new friend. Thank you always for your extra feet prayers. All of you dear Quackers of course, too. You know that!

Lynn, what a pretty Autumn dwarf picture! Dad and I, God willing, do look forward to checking out the new Snow White ride at Disneyland one day. Not really a Snow White fan but the new ride sounds cute. Prayers your 🖥️works well today and that you enjoy a relaxing one!

:bday:to BIL, dear PollyannaMom and:hug:I'm happy for you that your DH is safely home, my friend.

Dad will soon be going to Ralph's quickly (a different Ralph's than the one he will go to tomorrow and regularly shops at but only a few minutes from that store) to check out what they have 5 for $5 on a couple of items--extra opportunity to stock up. Then he will continue to Pavilions. Tomorrow, will be his typical Tuesday of Ralphs and :laundy:because he has a dentist appointment Tuesday. I'm looking forward to shortly watching online worship⛪We are also expecting some Amazon and also a Walmart package today.

Happy Sunday with love to all. I will check back later :)

Thread save to wish all of you a good afternoon! Online worship this morning had a wonderful message as a always. Reminder that we are each first with God. When we trust in Him, all will be made new even us and used for His good. Praise God! Dad thanks to God is safely home from morning shopping. He saved a lot of money at Ralph's and even got to say hi to our friend who works there, too. We're waiting still on expected Amazon and Walmart packages this afternoon. Love to all :) P.s. Reminder that tomorrow morning the new season of The Price is Right starts! 📺

Attachments

• Good afternoon.jpg
    Good afternoon.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 1
Good afternoon

Gray, cool and rainy day here. I did get to church this morning as I figured the boys would not be playing in this weather. I try and make their games when I can. My granddaughter was supposed to be confirmed on this upcoming Saturday. Imagine my surprise to find out that it was cancelled. The priest and vestry (our governing body that runs the church) decided they didn't want it down at the cathedral after talking to one of the other parents. Needless to say, I was just a bit annoyed as my daughter and granddaughter both need to work out schedules at work. On the other hand, it will be nice if my Dad can be there for it at a later date.

Dad now is calling my mom at all hours and thinks he is in a deserted hotel. He needs to get home as his mental state is more concerning at this point. He can't get out of the room, or even bed, on his own.

I did book the Parking Spot for my upcoming trip. I think in the grand scheme of things it made the most sense and I don't need to rely on anyone or put them out.

Heading to Lancaster again tomorrow as my granddaughter and her friends just had to go because it's been so long since I took them. I just hope the weather is a little better by then. I don't mind the cooler temps but I'm not a fan of the rain.

Dinner is roast pork and sauerkraut. It seemed to be the perfect meal for a rainy, fall day. I had Jim invite his best friend up again. We all used to go to my son's for football but my DIL had a fight with my granddaughter in law so none of us get invited over. I miss it because I got to see LJ that way.

Not much else going on here. Hope you all are enjoying your Sunday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter