Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

:grouphug:PollyannaMom along with continuing prayers.

Dad and I had a very successful morning 🛍️trip. At Target we got this new Rug It truly cheers up our living room so much. We will at least be getting one more for my bedroom. We did get our money back at Marshalls. We realized before leaving that the white rugs were not machine washable:scared1:Disaster! At Old Navy for just over $10 (We had $10 off $25 in Super Cash+ $18 in a Coinstar Certificate) we got 4 total 👕Blessing indeed. Dad and I also agreed that an additional gratitude of this trip was that the small center all these stores are located in are less than 10 minutes away from us :car:All good indeed.

I will be starting a group PM/or posting (while leaving out his name on a public thread) on 11-1 a horizontal (landscape) postcard surprise for my dad that I would be so grateful for your help with. Thank you all who have already said you will contribute and of course to those whose cards I have gotten already. I will clarify this in my thread/post but want to do so now anyway. To those of you I have shared his age with please don't include that in your message to him. Not that you would just I realized in hindsight my including that was not needed. Dad like me is a private person. I believe he would prefer telling anyone he chose his age rather than being surprised by people he may not well know including that information in a greeting. Thanks for your kind understanding!

The other thing I will be sharing is if any of you in addition to your postcard with a greeting to him on it (again more on this on 11-1 or PM Me anytime, of course) would be willing to also send me a blank horizontal postcard that clearly says your state's name on the front so for me it could look something like this I would truly appreciate it! I will use any such postcards to write on the back who contributed in that state. Of course, each state's contributor card will be included in his gift.

Thank you all. Love to you all always, you know that. Enjoy the rest of the day.

Please do keep them coning. We are having a rough night again.
So sorry to hear that PollyannaMom! 🙁 I hope things turn around soon.

QOTD: I love eating out, and I don’t care which meal it is, lol. I love breakfast. Often it’s more like a brunch by the time we get there, where we can choose either. I love homey little places to go, too. Dinner is nice, too, we tend to get gift cards for bdays and such and we use them or go to places we know pretty well that aren’t too costly. We took DH out for his bday the other night and he and I each got a cup of clam chowder, then split a scallop plate. It was just the right amount! (And so good!)

@Pea-n-Me I'm not sure if your birthday was last weekend or this, so I'm either late or just on time saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
They are this weekend. Thank you. 😕

And thank you for all your good thoughts and prayers for me and our family. There’s been a lot of togetherness and circling the wagons, lots to be done. Today is funeral home day, unfortunately, for planning. Always such a hard thing.

I hope everyone has a nice Sunday. 🐥

@PollyannaMom Praying that your DS feels better soon. Sorry he is having such a tough time.

@Pea-n-Me Sending prayers for your family through this difficult time.

It is a cloudy morning with rain expected later. Yesterday we had torrential downpours with a huge thunderstorm. We had just gone to the evening Festival events at the high school, the kids were in the bouncy house, and the rain came in with the thunder and lightning. At least we had umbrellas but got soaked anyway hurrying back to the house. Fireworks were officially canceled but when there was a lull in the storms they set them off anyway. We could see them from the house. We were able to go to the booths earlier in the day and wander around. It is an interesting event. Probably a one and done for me. I went to the condo and found a small damp spot in the basement. It was just below a joint in the pipe so I am wondering if there is an issue with that. I took pictures and sent them over the builder. I also had to send them an issue I have with a window and a door stop. Again sent pictures. I will be honest and say that I am sorry I did a new build mainly because of these issues. IT is stressful to always worrying about rain. I wish I had waited to buy an existing condo at a complex nearby. My decision making process has been so off since Chris passed. Before he passed he told me I was making good decisions and I was. Now, not so much. But, I have the condo and hopefully they will fix these in a timely manner. I plan to have an inspector come out at around the 6 month mark to look things over and tell me what needs to be done. Then I can send the list to the builder under the one year warranty. This way things have been working for a while and any issues may become noticeable to an expert.

Today I will go to the condo again and look in the basement after the rain. I will also do some more cleaning of the wood floors. After this the cleaning is pretty much done. Now I have to have Kenny set up some more stuff. I feel bad asking him but he has offered and I can't do it for sure.

Have a good Sunday.

Good morning. We had torrential rains last night around 7, with a lot of thunder and lightning. We had more rain overnight and they are calling for storms after 3 today. Temps are mid to upper 70's. Everything is too wet outside to do anything, so I guess I'll stick to a little indoor cleaning.

@PollyannaMom More prayers for your son. Hope he's better later today

@Snowysmom Good idea to send pictures of issues as you come across them. Sounds like a good idea to have them come and check things at the 6 months mark. I guess there are always some issues that come up with a new build, but so far it seems they are just minor and can be solved with little effort.

Football starts today, so Don will be glued to the tv. He managed to do something to it yesterday and we couldn't get to the home screen to access apps. I called Vizio and got put on the 15 min call back list. But by the time they called, I had downloaded the mobile app, accessed the home screen and fixed the issue. I told him to stop playing with the buttons on the remote, lol.

Have a nice day everyone

1694351224062.png

Pea🕊️❤️extra my friend to you and your family with love.

Snowysmom, I agree with Lynn that you are very wise to have taken pictures. It does sound like the issues are fixable. I'm so grateful of course for that. :grouphug:and one 🚶‍♀️step at a time dear friend.

PollyannaMom🙏💕to your whole family! I'm so sorry for the roller coaster you're on :( Please always remember we are here and CARE!

Lynn:hug:you know how I feel about 🏈I hope Don enjoys his games, of course. I would be more than happy to watch something else with dear you📺

Quiet Sunday here. I will shortly be watching online worship which is always an added joy on Sundays. Dad will be going 🛒at Pavilions and Sprouts. Tomorrow is his dentist appointment🦷Prayers appreciated for sure. I would appreciate of course continuing dental prayers for me as well and also 🦶prayers for us both. My right foot overall is better. Top of left foot can still be so sore :( I do know it would be a very wise idea to see a podiatrist already. Just not that easy money wise as all of you know. Dad's primary, Dr. L, did recommend to him way back a podiatrist I can ask dad to call Dr. L, to find out whether he would still recommend this person. Years ago, at church there was a member whose daughter was a medical school intern in podiatry! Only "problem," is she (at that time anyway) was practicing in New York. I have no idea whether she has since returned out here. I also know that my feet are reacting to being used after over 3 years of being mostly dormant at home! That is more than likely a main cause of all this. Definitely don't take ever, anything, of course, but being able to easily and painlessly get around for granted! I simply pray always that the Lord order my steps in His way and I follow with thanksgiving and praise.

Happy Sunday to all. I shall check back later.

Attachments

• Sunday.jpg
    Sunday.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 0
Extra Good Morning:grouphug:everyone. I did enjoy online worship, extra with the blessings of the backpacks. I sure never had that as a kid--what a great experience! Reminder to God's precious kiddos that He absolutely is forever with them day by day in all. As He also is with each of dear you🐥

Two newer to me hymns were sung: I Come With Joy (I especially liked) and This is a Day of New Beginnings I immediately thought of my Quacker Family with them and wanted to share. These songs reminded me of two others that are dear to my heart in: Great is Thy Faithfulness and Beautiful Things He makes all things new every moment! He makes US new too and does turn all when we let Him into Glory and positivity. With all my ❤️this extra reminder to each of you!

Good morning, or rather, good afternoon everyone! It's a gorgeous day outside, no triple digits in sight. Joe and just finished watching our church service online. Wished we could have been there but until everything gets settled with the current situation we would rather the grandkids be in church than us. We did get to attend last Sunday since the grandkids were with their dad.

Baseball has begun and I have two games I get to attend each week. Joe hates that he is not getting to go but we both agree I need to be there for Lil Joe and Lou Lou. Lil Joe had a by week last week but I sat out in the 106 degree weather on Thursday with an umbrella for shade to watch Lou Lou play t-ball. Fortunately it was just for an hour but my clothes were soaked with perspiration, so much that they looked like I had been sprayed with water in some areas.

Mona, I'm sorry you have been having foot issues. I hope that you will find a good podiatrist that can help you out. I've started walking in the mornings again and both my feet and legs are feeling it.

Snowy, I also hope that you get your water issues corrected with your condo.

Pea and Mona, thank you for the lovely letter and book for the grandkids. They will enjoy it!

I haven't read more than this page, praying for those mentioned that needs it.

James is still doing well, has a bone marrow test scheduled near the end of October. He spent the night with Carol and the kids last night. They went to a Monster Truck Rally in Greenville about 20 minutes away from where Carol lives. Then to church with Carol and the kids. Lil Joe loves to sit down at the front of the church, second row, so we saw the back of James' head a time or two during the service when they were standing. They don't usually show the congregation but since James is over 6 foot tall, it was hard not to show him that close to the front.

Carol's situation is in a holding pattern because of things that I can't mention right now. We have faith that the truth will prevail. She and the kids are adjusting well to school and their new home though the kids still think that we are going to come live with them.

Have a nice day everyone!

:grouphug:dear Kirby. I "liked," your post for the joy and love you give your grandkids despite anything! Truth will forever prevail my friend because God is Truth and Love! Love always wins. Thank you so much on my feet. Sometimes they're okay others a shooting twinge or tightness. I'm fairly sure it's a combination of these floors and that I'm using them more! I definitely know it's time to see someone. Dad tomorrow is going to the dentist. So, first things first we'll go from there. ❤️always to you and prayers!

I plan to have an inspector come out at around the 6 month mark to look things over and tell me what needs to be done. Then I can send the list to the builder under the one year warranty. This way things have been working for a while and any issues may become noticeable to an expert.
Excellent idea!

@PollyannaMom More prayers for your son. Hope he's better later today

PollyannaMom🙏💕to your whole family! I'm so sorry for the roller coaster you're on :( Please always remember we are here and CARE!

Thanks, everyone! Today has been better than yesterday, but nighttime is the real test, I think.

I did enjoy online worship, extra with the blessings of the backpacks.
What a sweet idea! I don't think I've ever heard of that either.

I sure hadn't heard of it! Pre pandemic the church I was active in did something similar. If any of you would like a link to the service, I watched this morning let me know :)

@Kirby Nice to hear from you. Glad James is doing well. I hope things with your DD get resolved soon and that the truth will prevail. Take care.

Good morning. It is a cloudy morning. It was rainy drizzly most of the day yesterday. We went to the condo and Kenny put up the curtains in the master bedroom. I think I am going to swap them out for the ones I bought for the LR. I now want to get sheers for the living room. I did not spend alot on the curtains thinking I may change my mind so I will keep them and maybe use them down the road. Kenny also set up my security system including a door bell camera. Today I am getting my flu shot. I want it before I go to WDW. I am hoping the hurricane stays away from New England next weekend. I hope it stays away from land altogether. I know I am being selfish in wanting to be able to get to WDW and back without a storm issue but I truly need the time away for my mental health.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good Monday morning. :sunny:

I'm dragging today, I need to wake up!!!🥱

Friday afternoon I started bidding on some things on the auction site that I get on to. I was going for 2 gas grill, I already was outbid on one of them, still hanging on hopes for the other, aucting ends in about an hour. Then I found a pool, it's one of the bigger inflatable ones, for Mia for her house. Bailey wanted the bigger size so they could also go swimming. I did win that last night 👏. And then there was the swingset. I found a wooden playset for their yard and I was winning the bid last night. It had 5 minutes to go and I went to get something and got distracted and did something else. I realized the time and grabbed my phone and I was outbid 😳. I had 2 seconds left to up my bid and just as I pressed "submit", time ran out. I lost the playset 😡! I am devastated, why was I so absent-minded and didn't just sit down for the 5 minutes and watch my phone. I'm still upset over this 😞. Hopefully another one will pop up and I can get that, I have until the spring. I just really wanted that one to give her at her birthday party.

One week to go until we leave for our trip. I need to get myself in a better mood about it,
I know it's hard but I hope you start to get excited for your trip. You probably needs this more than you realize.

We are on our way home….the cruise was excellent!
Glad you had fun on your cruise!

Guess I'll get back to work. I might have to hide somewhere and grab a little nap.😴

Have a great day!:wave:

Good morning. Sunny and bright. Temps lpw 80's, chance of storms this afternoon. None of them materialized yesterday like they said. I'm dragging this morning for some reason. I have a bunch of little oddball tasks to do this morning, if I can find the energy to do them. Not sleeping well is most of the problem, too much on my mind I guess.

Summer has more health issues going on. It's like a running list that keeps getting added to. Now she has to have surgery on both feet, her left hand, and some repair on a bicep. The bicep is causing nerve damage. She's got cysts on her ovaries and it's causing her to have issues with her cycle.

Off to try and get my chores done

Have a great day

1694436331099.png

Dazed and Snowysmom, :grouphug:extra to both of you dear ladies with huge prayers that indeed your trips are positive experiences! Footballmouse, I completely agree with you :)

:hug:Lynn and much prayer for Summer and you🙏

Good morning dear Quackers, today is an extra reminder to me in its own way being September 11th to give thanks to God in all always no matter what. To cherish every moment and extra with those we love. Don't wait to tell someone who you care about that you do! Let them do likewise for you! Thank each of you for making a kind difference to me🐥💕

Dad's dentist appointment is early this morning. Praying that goes as easily as it can for him. Thank you all, you know that, for your extra prayers for us both and my feet too!

Love to all and Happy Monday.

Good morning everyone.

It's muggy here. We had thunderstorms and rain off and on all weekend. Because of the weather I missed Wyatt's football game. He did really well from what my daughter told me.

Dad seems to be holding his own but I didn't visit over the weekend. My brothers have more of a chance to see him then because of work schedules and the weather had my head pounding and knee throbbing. I am my own rain/bad weather predictor.

Anthony saw the ENT today and will need surgery on his neck, they are hoping to hold off til the end of the school year. The lump in his neck is a fatty tumor or cyst. My daughter called from the speakerphone on her car and it's harder to understand with the traffic noises. It's not life threatening but it will grow larger and cause issues so they made the decision to do it at the end of the school year unless it becomes problematic. He just doesn't want to miss baseball season.

Jim has an appointment tomorrow to start the stressful process of new shoes. They already started when I made the appointment. He isn't due til October since he got these shoes late september. I just need them delivered by December 31 or we lose out on shoes for an entire year. He's entitled to one pair every year. I am already prepared for the fight to get them before January 1.

Thankfully I get a stress free week in one month when I head to Disney. I cannot wait.

Hope you all have a great day

Good morning... or I guess afternoon for most of you. We had such a nice relaxing weekend so nice to have DH home. I picked him up at the airport Friday afternoon and the dogs were so happy to see him. We went to breakfast at our favorite little Mexican place Saturday with our friends with the rest of the day just hanging out at home. I made a really good chicken pot pie with puff pastry on top. Yum....it was really good. Yesterday, we spent the evening celebrating our friend's birthday with our second family, so happy we got to see baby Ana. She's getting so big and she's so smart.

This week is the lead up to the wedding...I have some cleaning to do since we'll be working on the flowers her Friday. I have a nail/pedicure appt Thursday morning and then spending the rest of the day making the treats in doing for the dessert table. I'll be leaving with DH again next Monday so I'll need to get some packing done too.

I have everyone one that needs prayers in my thoughts.

:grouphug:Taz and AuntieMe3, blessing to see posts from both of you!

Extra prayers of healing and peace dear Taz all-around, you know that. Thinking of you🌼

AuntieMe3, 🙏you are feeling a whole lot better by now my friend! I'm so glad you got to enjoy breakfast out and having your DH home, of course, too. God Bless truly Baby ana. I still say she and Footballmouse's Baby Mia ought to be friends. God willing one day they just may! :)

Quiet morning here. Dad called not long ago to share thanks to God he's on his way home from the dentist. He said he will share when he is home. Blessings are that the tooth can be saved and that he does have options. Thank you all for your extra prayers for him and of course, me, too!

💕to all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter