Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

:hug:Easyas always good to see you my friend. Great QOTD, thanks for bringing it back. Pre Covid, I did enjoy dining out often especially for lunch, sometimes breakfast. Today, I am completely opposite and would rather eat at home :)

Tink :hug:thank you for your kind words and posting, too.

Last edited:
Good afternoon.

I have been reading but with all that's been going on in my life I can only offer hugs and prayers to those who need them.

@flyingdumbo127 - glad your dental issues are working out. You are better than I am I avoid the dentist like the plague. I have a really severe phobia.

@Snowysmom - Youn new place sound like it's coming together nicely. Enjoy it. Sorry your son is having so many issues with his ex. I don't think I will ever understand how someone can go from being in love with a person to doing everything they can to make them suffer like that.

@PollyannaMom - Hope your son feels better soon

@Pea-n-Me - Sorry for your loss.

I am so happy to say that my dad is definitely doing better. They did a 2nd procedure yesterday to cap off the new tubes and he is doing great from that. He has started eating a bit and remembered I promised him a water ice when he was able to have one. I took him one today and got a call from mom, who then put dad on. He ate the whole thing and wanted to thank me. I told him I will bring him in one again next time I visit. He also wants to break out and go home but he gets dizzy so he'll wait. It was so good to hear him sounding stronger that he has been. He was getting ready to start PT when I dropped the water ice off. Since he is still in just a gown, I wanted to respect his privacy and he thanked for thinking of that too. My dad was always a very private and modest man, and I didn't want to embarrass him. He also comes out of isolation tomorrow so that's another positive. I know that his age means he could still go south quickly but there is some hope on the horizon. Maybe in time for their 68th anniversary.

Yesterday was my husband's birthday so we went to Lancaster and Shady Maple for breakfast. His best friend came with us and it was a very pleasant day. I went to bed early and he watched football.

QOTD - It depends on my mood although with this allergy breakfast seems to be the safest meal for me now. However, I love breakfast in Lancaster and dinner at the Hibachi place near me. While I can't eat from the Hibachi grill, I can get food that is made in a separate area in the back which I really appreciate, especially since this is the restaurant my grandsons like to celebrate birthdays and other major events. I can enjoy the fun and enjoy food even if I have to skip the seafood.

Have a great evening everyone

:grouphug:Taz and extra, extra praises to God! I am so thankful my friend indeed. Thank you also for the kind difference you are making to your parents! Of course, my appreciation, you know that, for your kind words. Dentist for me is no concern, it's medical doctors where I have big issues. I definitely can empathize with you about the dentist just from a different end. As I have shared, I believe, before my root canal back in 2009, Dental Fear Central provided me a great comfort. I never had a dental fear just an absolute needle one! I had no idea then that topical gels for dental work exist or that the same is true for routine medical needlework. I haven't used the site since 2010 but absolutely based on that experience would recommend any of you checking it out. At that time, there even two kind dentists as members.

Dr. E kindly did email me back. He did get Dr. A's report and will be talking with him as how best to proceed. Dr. E well knows that my super quick cleaning appointments work best for me. I'm sorry to give him now such a challenge but it is what it is. I made it very clear that I want to proceed while the tooth can still be saved! That is my hurry in all this! What a blessing God willing it will be to have this behind me, be able to smile normally again! Secondary will be the extra grace once this is done of speaking, eating and drinking easier too. All everyday gifts from God that I pray to not ever take for granted again!

🦶wise my poor left foot especially is still so sore. I am definitely walking for some reason more on that side. These floors don't help at all! Dad and I are going tomorrow to Marshalls (last opportunity to return any or all of our three white small rugs) and also Old Navy (We have Super Cash plus Coinstar Old Navy money) in the same small center. I would appreciate foot prayers, too.

Dad thanks to God is very long safely home. Quiet afternoon around here. Many prayers this finds all of you doing well!

Extra love and a hug to Pea!

Hello!

Jumping on real quick before I leave for the day.

QOTD - that changes for me. I mostly eat dinner out. When I wasn't watching what I ate then I enjoyed breakfast out (biscuts & gravy, gooey omelets, french toast, you know - the good stuff) not that I'm eating better, I'd rather do breakfast at home.

PollyAnna - hope your son feels even better today!

Pea-n-Me - sorry about the loss in your family.

We haven't had rain in probably over a week, we need some!

Working nightshift this weekend so I definitely won't be on.

Took Mia to the parade last night, she had fun waving to everyone. She turns 10 months old today.

Have a great weekend!

Good morning to you all. Not a whole lot to report, same old stuff going on. Work, up in tractor, hot, so on and so forth. No much planned this weekend. Might go out for breakfast Sunday. Hunting season has started, so we are adding that to our calendar juggle.
I've got some surprise late sunflowers popping up here and there in the fields which we can see from the porch, so that's nice to get a glimpse of. Hummingbird feeders are down and the barn swallows have made their way elsewhere. We were to get a new foster dog this weekend, but the owner made other arrangements last minute, something that happens often enough. I'm waiting to hear back from the guy I'm buying some firewood from, hopefully he can deliver it this weekend or next. Don't need it right away, I just like to get it stacked and put up...it's my late summer exercises/project ;)::yes:: I have these large three sided crates (for lack of a better descriptive term) that I like to stack the wood in, then I can lift if with the forks and store in the barn. When we need wood we can just pick up one of the crates w/ the forks and bring it down to the house. I suppose I ought to order a pallet of pellets as well.
Since I don't have much planned this weekend I may (finally) excavate my closet and thin things out again.

It's been a bit since we've had a QOTD, so I'll pose one regarding possibly going out to breakfast!

QOTD: Which do you prefer: going out for breakfast? Going out for lunch, or going out for dinner?
Me? I like them equally I suppose. I think we go out for breakfast or dinner more frequently than lunch.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your son has a easier go of it today & this evening.

I'll keep you & yours in my thoughts. I was sorry to read this, I hope all is going well.

I sure hope they show up for us. We had the warnings yesterday, but no dice. We will see if we get them tonight or this weekend. Things are getting a bit dry around here, although we are also getting close to harvest time so decent, dry weather would be good. Double edged sword.

I don't think it will be a issue for those of us in our area of the mid-atlantic, maybe up northern NE and the Nova Scotia area. Does look like a hell of a storm though, hope nobody gets walloped. By the way - I stopped at you favorite farm stand the other day (Ma&Pa's) and got some great tomatoes! We are having BLT's tonight I think!
I hope you are correct!

My home grown tomatoes expired a while ago and I cut back the vines. The cherry ones have rebounded but nothing is red yet. The slicing ones are growing nice vines but no flowers. I can wait. They are in containers and I'm going to have my family or neighbor carry them into the green house when it gets chilly and hope for some very late tomatoes.

I was out to lunch yesterday and a small salad came with my order. There were a couple of tasteless tomatoes on it that even dressing couldn't improve. My tastebuds are spoiled.

Weekend starting the 23rd, I'm going to the beach and maybe I'll find a farmstand with something local.

@Pea-n-Me So sorry for your loss.

@tazdev3225 Glad to hear your Dad is doing better.

QOTD: Chris and I went out to dinner every Friday night as our "date" night. That was my favorite. I like going out to breakfast. It just seems more relaxing and I love omelets. I only go out to lunch when my friend and I meet and we are so busy talking the food is secondary.

We had a really bad thunderstorm a couple of hours ago. The sky was so dark, torrential downpours, pea sized hail, vivid lightning and very loud thunder. I had just gotten back from CVS before the worst hit thankfully. Now the temp is 74 and it is so much cooler. It is a bit muggy but that's OK.

Have a nice evening.

Happy Weekend everyone,
It will be a quiet weekend here, DS went remote camping about 6 hours away. I’m a little stressed about the bears, which have increased drastically in the area in the last few years. He bought bear spray and a bear safe food container. But moms still worry.

Went shopping with my sisters Thursday and Friday. The sister who lost her husband a month before I lost mine was getting things for her new condo. I’m glad I’m not redecorating right now, didn’t see much that I liked. Lucky for her our tastes are pretty different, she did find a few things.
One week to go until we leave for our trip. I need to get myself in a better mood about it, I sort of feel like I shouldn’t be going without Kris. My brain knows that’s not the case, but my heart doesn’t. 😪

QOTD… I like them all, no real preference.

Pea… so sorry about your family member, thoughts and prayers.

Snowysmom… I really wish people in divorce situations would just do what is best for their children. It is so unfair and heart breaking.

Mona… Hope the dental issues get resolved as quickly and painless as possible.

@Pea-n-Me So sorry for your families loss.

@PollyannaMom I hope you DS is feeling better soon.

@tazdev3225 hope you dad is able to go home soon.

QOTD: Which do you prefer: going out for breakfast? Going out for lunch, or going out for dinner?
I don't care for most breakfast food so breakfast is my least favorite meal to go out for so it would be a tie between the other two. I guess if I had to choose, I would choose dinner so then I don't have to cook that night. :laughing:

@Snowysmom , sad to read about your cousin. Prayers for sure.

We are on our way home….the cruise was excellent! Today‘s travel day has been stressful..we sat in the plane at gate for more than three hours due to storms in Orlando. Our wonderful kennel owner told Tom she will be at the kennel extra late if we can get there by 9:30. We just may get there!

We have Gus!

Last edited:
Love to all always with sweet dreams wishes. Extra blessing to find so many additional posts right now. All of you know, each of you is so dear me. Knowing you're okay means so much because each of you do:grouphug:

Enjoy your :beach:trip, Judique! How fun.

Extra 🙏dear Dazed for your trip to in some way bring you added peace, joy, and safe fun. Safety prayers for your son.

Welcome home dear Bobbiwoz and of course to Gus:dogdance:I'm sure sorry that part caused you added stress :(

AuntieMe3🌸 and prayers my friend you are feeling better.

SnowysMom:hug:and please stay safe, my friend.

Lynn:hug:and prayers doctor appointment went well.

PollyannaMom, absolutely extra prayer for a good night 🛌for all of you and that your son indeed feels better tomorrow.

Pea, just ❤️Peace and prayers.

Last edited:
@dazedx3 It sounds like your DS is prepared for his trip. We moms do worry about our kids no matter how old they get. The trip with your family will be a time together that you should definitely go on. I do understand feeling the way you do. I get that feeling too. But when I am with my family it is comforting to be with my kids and grandkids. I do sometimes go cry by myself and talk to Chris but overall it is a good thing. And, I believe that Kris will be with you. Just my belief. I have my trip in one week and I keep asking Chris to be with me and lead the way to where to go in the parks. I am glad my first trip to WDW was with my kids and grandkids. This one will be different. I know what you mean about the decorating stuff and furniture out there. It is hard to find something nice. I only had to buy a couch and there was really only one that I liked and even then I changed the upholstery. I am glad that is all I need. It is nice of you to help your sister.

@bobbiwoz Glad you had a good trip and you were able to get Gus. I am sure he is happy to be home too.

@PollyannaMom I hope your DS is feeling better today.

It is a cloudy morning so far. I read varying weather reports of rain, no rain, some rain. There is a town festival today with booths, fireworks, and food. I am not too much into these things but Kenny wants to take the kids to the downtown area for the booths. The fireworks are walking distance from his house so that is nice. I won't be seeing Jeff and family this weekend. They are busy as usual, the kids have a busy social schedule.

Have a good Day.

There’s a local pancake house that has a “ferry special” one egg, one piece of meat ( I always choose their sausage link) and one pancake. I always splurge on a small bottle of real maple syrup, and that’s my favorite “go out to meal” that’s local. It usually means we are with friends or relatives that are visiting the area. Mom lived in a nursing home that was nearby enough to walk to, and Tom and my DSis would bring her over to join us.

I understand that’s not really the question, but that breakfast place which holds these memories of my DMom for me is my absolute favorite restaurant place to be. Here’s Tom wheeling Mom out for one of these breakfasts. Mom wasn’t quite sure what Tom was doing. Mom is always on my mind when I am there. We lost her in 2017 when she was 97. We had her for a very long time.:love:

1694260104162.jpeg

There’s a local pancake house that has a “ferry special” one egg, one piece of meat ( I always choose their sausage link) and one pancake. I always splurge on a small bottle of real maple syrup, and that’s my favorite “go out to meal” that’s local. It usually means we are with friends or relatives that are visiting the area. Mom lived in a nursing home that was nearby enough to walk to, and Tom and my DSis would bring her over to join us.

I understand that’s not really the question, but that breakfast place which holds these memories of my DMom for me is my absolute favorite restaurant place to be. Here’s Tom wheeling Mom out for one of these breakfasts. Mom wasn’t quite sure what Tom was doing. Mom is always on my mind when I am there. We lost her in 2017 when she was 97. We had her for a very long time.:love:

View attachment 792299
Your breakfast was pretty much what I ate every morning once I got serious about paying attention to my diabetes diagnosis. I ignored it for years, letting my A1C climb. When I had to go directly to my doctor's office one afternoon on my way home from work, I finally started to take it serious. Started with the small meals several times a day and lost a lot of weight for me. I also felt better.

I've noticed myself climbing up a bit this year. So, I'm changing things up. This weeks plan is to count calories and next week I will count carbs as well as calories. Believe me - I know all this stuff and what I should be doing, but by writing it down as I eat throughout the day, it cements it in reality. Getting back on track is paramount.

One pound leads to two and then to five and then to ten.
My goal is 5 to 10 pounds off, plus to get back into an exercise routine. I say 5 to 10 because I know it will plateau at some point and that the first few pounds are the easiest. I can see exactly what is going on and I will change it, but keeping on track means creating the 'proof' by writing it out.

I have a tray of veggies from Costco I bought this past week. It's sitting there minus the carrots. DD threw the carrots on with some green beans she was oven roasting. Next is for me to actually eat the rest and ignore the ranch dressing that came with. It's not that big an issue - broccoli and cauliflower, some peppers and celery. I could even roast it all with some olive oil to make it more palatable and have it for lunch. Hey - just writing this gave me a plan!

It stormed overnight. Everything is wet out there this morning. Its already back to 71 degrees and supposed to go to 87, which is better than the 97 from this past week. It would be nice not to be paying for so much air conditioning. My electric company sent a note to say I'm the worst! And that I'm paying $150 more than last year during August. They forgot to mention they also upped the cost. This was also true in July. I have it set at 74 degrees and any warmer I sweat and can't sleep. So, I'll pay it.

Good morning. In answer to the QOTD from yesterday. Not that we go out to restaurants at all anymore, but I preferred lunch when we did. I don't like to eat big meals at dinner, and I'm not a big fan of breakfast.

We had a storm last night after dinner, and it must have poured again overnight, as everything is soaked. They said marginal chance today. We need it, but we need more than that. The guy was supposed to come today to give us an estimate on cutting those branches off the tree, but if it's going to rain I doubt that he's going to. Darryl finally came yesterday and got the ladders he left sitting in the side yard more than 2 weeks ago.

@Pea-n-Me I'm not sure if your birthday was last weekend or this, so I'm either late or just on time saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

@tazdev3225 I hope you enjoy your trip and make new memories

I'm off to strip and remake the bed, and wash the other linens. Then I need to make a quick pass over the bathrooms and dust and vacuum.

Hugs to everyone, have a great day!
1694264007337.png

Good Morning Friends with a Saturday :grouphug:

Love pooh:wise words dear Lynn:hug:! There is indeed joy in all! Up to us to choose to be positive.

Bobbiwoz:hug:beautiful picture my friend. 🙏 memories of your mom and going out indeed bring you a smile and extra peace. Grandma and I when we lived in a small town up North would go to dinner at a local place every Monday. We mostly got the same thing and the waitress came to be a friend. Dad and I had several kind waitresses out here regularly when we enjoyed dining out. Dad and his late best friend George for years enjoyed going to George's preferred IHOP. I do remember growing up my dad, grandparents, and I every Wednesday night would often go to a local family restaurant for dinner. Not about the food so much as the love and time at the place indeed!

Snowysmom, may you enjoy some of the festival and then choose a quiet exit to the crowd as you feel comfortable! I'd also enjoy some of it briefly but for sure not the fireworks. Enjoy the kiddos my friend:grouphug:

Judique, 🙏for a very safe and truly fun trip my friend. I would sure enjoy a quiet beach retreat for a weekend! :grouphug:Have a great time!

Aw God Bless your grandpa, Easyas:hug:Reminds me of how as a very young child grandpa and I would go to a Bob's Big Boy after he saw the podiatrist. I have no true memory of those times just that we definitely did that :)

Love to all and Happy Saturday friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter