Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@Snowysmom, your place is shaping up! Exciting time, but I know it’s bittersweet. I know someone whose dog also had a little tumor in his mouth, and now another dog in that household has the same thing. It makes you wonder why they’re getting these things - is it something they’re eating, or touching? I hope the dog is ok.

@footballmouse I love hearing you talk about Mia! I have another great niece coming this fall. She will be the first on “my” side, so that will be fun. (I have a grand niece and nephew on DH’s side that I get to see a fair amount!) I want to buy something for my niece for her, any ideas what might be good? She is out of state so it will likely be something I send. I’ve asked about a registry and just waiting to hear.

@flyingdumbo127 I’m glad your XRay went well and hoping to hear good results.

I met a lovely patient this week, we had a lot in common. If anyone has prayers to spare, please keep her in mind.

DD is still unwell, but working to get better. If I had to guess, I’d say she had Covid a week or so ago, but tests were negative, so idk if it could‘ve been a different strain, or what. She was sick then, though, got a little better, then wound up with this pneumonia type thing. She’s got the same buildup of gunk in her head and lungs that I had when I had Covid, and has to work hard at getting it out. Thank you for your good thoughts and prayers.

I’m a little pooped out after my shifts this week but I have a lot to do. I was sleeping when Grady woke me up tonight by pawing me to go out. Hopefully I can get back to sleep!

Have a good (shoot, I can’t even remember what day it is now!) Thursday, everyone! 🤣🐥

Happy Thursday everyone. I had a great trip to visit my sister and her family but must have picked up some germs on the trip home(2 flights and a long layover) so I've been sick for almost a week now. I was reading an article about the new Covid strain so I tested and sure enough. I felt really bad over the weekend so I'm feeling better now but still not 100%. Thankfully DH is out of town and DD has been with friends so no one else has gotten sick. Its just been me and the dogs and they've been pretty good about letting me relax. Definitely grateful to have Jager here to keep have kept Dolly company while I was laying in bed feeling terrible..:laughing: Today is my last day of isolation, I think, but I'm still testing positive so playing it safe and still staying home but just wearing a mask around the house when DD is here.

Good thoughts and prayers for everyone that needs them...I read back a little bit but couldn't go too far back to see what I missed.

Hope everyone has a good day. :grouphug:

Many, many🙏dear AuntieMe3! I have been concerned about you, my friend. Of course, you know, how sorry I am to hear you have been ill :( Dear Pea, continuing prayers of course for your daughter, too!

Lynn:hug:sorry you are having email trouble. On my secondary email that I use for offers from places like Ralphs or CVS, over the last couple of weeks suddenly I am getting bombarded daily with spam! Not only that but it is being generated from that very email:scared1:I should most likely delete the account!

PollyannaMom and all Quackers:grouphug:with prayers you are all having a good Thursday.

I'm sorry to be late also. Dad and I ended up briefly going out this morning to Ralph's and CVS. To anyone with a Ralph's or Kroger this week a digital coupon deal is $5.99 for 6 Mega Rolls of Quilted Northern. We also had a couple additional discounts on this. Kohl's through Monday has a $10 off a purchase of $25 coupon. Dad and I, God willing, plan to go to Kohl's early Monday morning. We have wanted to go there anyway to look at clothing again along with possibly rugs. Dr E, my dentist, kindly emailed me. He said he has already looked at my Xray🦷He will call me to discuss it sometime today. I will absolutely update when he does. Thank you all extra for your [prayers and additional love!

I shall check back later :)

Pea I hope your DD feels better soon. I will say a prayer for your patient. My friend's dog did well. They sent the lump for biopsy. It was encapsulated and hard.

Flyingdumbo I hope you hear from the dentist soon. Nice that you got out to do some errands.

AuntieMe3 I hope you feel better soon too.

I was in the office today as usual. The traffic going in at 5:20 was busier than usual. Not sure why. The traffic coming back to the house was not bad at all. Usually it is the other way around. Full Moonitis I think.

I needed a break from the condo today. I am getting anxious and stressed. Plus it is yet another change without Chris that has me missing him even more right now. Changes are just getting too much.

Have a good evening.

Still nothing from the dentist. He has another hour and half before 5 here! I'll certainly update when I do hear from him. Do all of you think I should get rid of my secondary email account? I do. It would be a hassle to update some things but that's okay. I would rather only have one email address anyway--simpler! My only hesitation is I know it may be most likely my information was sold somehow by a third party through a place like CVS which then might translate into my personal info...I also know, of course, whatever happens it's all good. I am grateful always :)

I do have a dentist update to share with ell of dear you. I did speak with Dr. E not long ago. He really was so kind to call me after hours and only one day after, my panoramic Xray. That btw, really did go super easy and quickly!

I would absolutely appreciate extra prayers. Dr. E explained to me that what happened is part of the tooth broke oof, the structure is fractured. The actual filling, he did 4 months ago is still there--I admit that made me feel better to hear! He also said that from my XRAY other than one day possibly needing to address my one crown (root canal tooth) from 2009 along with one minor bottom tooth, everything else looked great. That was a blessing for sure.

Dad has been going to for years a periodontist named Dr. A out here who he has always spoken very highly of. Dr. E shared that he recently discussed a mutual patient with Dr. A, and knows him well! He's going to be sending him my XRAY along with some background information. We will reach out on Tuesday to set up an appointment.

Dr. E said due to my TMJ any choice is a challenge which we knew. The idea of course is to try to make this as easy on me as possible. He said he would recommend trying to save the tooth. That would as he see it involve, two longer appointments. St the first visit, he would rebuild the tooth. The second visit would be for a crown prep and all that involves.

Extraction route would be a long process most likely. Depending on the surgeon it might take a few months for me to be able to get an implant which then may need more care to make that viable (tooth is close to a nerve). I would want something there to get my smile back and also be able to drink/eat properly again!

One step at a time. How blessed truly I am to have options. Beyond all else to know no matter what Jesus has this covered. The same way He has me. I would appreciate extra prayers that His will be done be that His quick instant healing (obviously an ideal we know that) or whatever else He deems the solution. Dad prayers as well that he keeps calmer about all this. He also needs dental work done!

I will keep you updated. I appreciate all of you always, you know that! Sweet dreams and hugs!

Last edited:
Thinking you Mona as you make your decisions regarding your dental health. Sending prayers to you. I also have crowns and I find the procedure not to be too much. I have a dentist who listens to what I need and knows I cannot have the mouth opening tools in my mouth or my anxiety goes through the roof. He is able to adjust the procedure to my needs. It sounds like your dentist is aware of your needs and will work with you. Like you and Pea, I am not fond of going to the dentist but I do like the one I have.

It is a cool morning around 50. It should be in the 70s today. It will be getting warmer over the weekend. Kenny and his GF will be away all weekend. I do hope to be able to go see Jeff and family. It has been awhile.

Have a good day.

@AuntieMe3, I hope you feel all better real soon.

@Snowysmom, extra hugs. :grouphug:
The same from me!

Still nothing from the dentist. He has another hour and half before 5 here! I'll certainly update when I do hear from him. Do all of you think I should get rid of my secondary email account? I do. It would be a hassle to update some things but that's okay. I would rather only have one email address anyway--simpler! My only hesitation is I know it may be most likely my information was sold somehow by a third party through a place like CVS which then might translate into my personal info...I also know, of course, whatever happens it's all good. I am grateful always :)
I actually like having two. The one that goes to my phone is for important stuff and personal correspondence, and the one on my home computer is where all the reward cards and that sort of thing goes. I sort by "from" every so often to clean out the spam ones.

:thanks::grouphug:to all so much! I am blessed indeed to have a good dentist. I don't mind going to the dentist. medical doctors are another story! Dentist I'm fine with. Just for me due to my TMJ, any dental work is a challenge. Dad will be calling Dr. A's office this afternoon. We realized that he should do this because I had thanked Dr. E by email for his call last night. In my message, I asked him to please go ahead and send Dr. A my Xray and also background information. So if he did that, dad needs to call! I'll update later.

Thanks, PollyannaMom! For now, I am definitely keeping both. No desire to start changing over to one at this time. Not worth it :)

Wishing all of you a happy and healthy September!

Attachments

• Happy September.jpg
    Happy September.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 1
Good sunny morning. Another cool night, another upper 70's day. I fixed the issue with the email on the computer, but still having issues sending from my phone. It's been one of those weeks where nothing works right, and I'm getting frustrated with all of it. I did yardwork yesterday and puttered in the garden. Picked another 16 tomato's, shared them with neighbors. Still a whole bunch more out there.
Did laundry and vacuumed this morning. Don't feel like doing anything else.
Mona--good luck with your dental situation

Have a good day everyone

1693579318618.png

Dad thanks to God is long safely home from doing laundry and going to Ralphs. He said both places were very crowded probably due to this being a holiday weekend. Dad also was able to make me an afternoon appointment with Dr. A on Wednesday. I'll be his first patient at 1 when he comes back from lunch. We agree that is better than having to be there 8am on Thursday as was my original appointment time. That was a blessing, of course, too :)

Wishing all of you a happy and restful afternoon! :)

Last edited:
:) dear Pea. We are up well before then. I would definitely prefer a 9am appointment which is when I always try to schedule my cleanings for. Dr. A update is how kind he truly is. Dad is absolutely blessed by this doctor and his kind staff, too.

Dr. A has replied a couple of times to an email I sent him sharing a bit about my dental needs and history of this tooth. He also kindly said that to him and his staff my dad is special and someone they love. So sweet. I will be bringing them a thank you note on Wednesday. I'll also be able to share with them about the birthday surprises I am working on for my dad. Perhaps they could help. Dad will definitely also brong them cookies, which they enjoyed in the past, when it gets cooler for baking.

I did get the two packages I was expecting. Snail mail was junky. I hope fun mail found its way to your homes, too :)

Have a great rest of the day dear friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter