Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

💓🐣:grouphug:and XO, too! After a longer morning, what extra joy it has been of blessing to read all of your shares! Praise extra to God! I will write more later or tomorrow. I, of course, want to check in now.

I was so blessed early this morning to finally after over 3 years to see my dear friend Raquel at church. Her husband was working at church and wasn't able to come out. God Willing, I will get to see them both before my October dentist appointment. Dad also finally got to meet Raquel which was great. Such a lovely lady who along with her husband, all of you would absolutely love.

Dad did go to Lowes in Burbank while I looked around in a Michaels inside the same huge shopping area. Lowes really didn't have anything plus were very expensive!

Dad and I did end up getting from two different Marshalls three 29X34 rugs. Catch is they are all white. Didn't come in a color. They are thicker a bit than the small yellow rugs we have on the floor now. They're made by Silhouette Home, a Canadian Site as we learned. Because they are out of country, prices cost more plus shipping. Marshalls customer service just said they have no way to know what each store has just that the rug most likely doesn't come in a color. For today, all 3 rugs are safe in their Marshalls bags. Dad and I will look a bit online. I do agree with him that I need better slippers which would make a big difference, perhaps more than a rug. To be continued. Thank you all with all my heart for all your extra love and prayers.

What else? Absolutely I give God joyous humble thanks for my cousin Ruth's good health news. I have also, by His Grace, gotten a few more people to agree to send me birthday surprise mail for dad. I will remind everyone and post in our thread in later October or early November. I would want to have received any postcards or emailed photos before mid December. Thank you all who have already kindly offered to contribute. PM me anyone else who may want more info, thank you!

Enjoy the rest of the day! XOXO

@flyingdumbo127 I hope you can find some rugs that will help. Having good slippers or shoes to wear will definitely help alot.

@lynxstch Glad the painting is going so well.

Frog Love the duck picture. Hope all is going well.

Good morning. Rainy here this morning. It is supposed to rain off and on all day and be cool, around 70. I have a therapist appt today. I feel like I really need it this time as I am feeling very discouraged by things lately. Life keeps throwing curve balls and I am tired of trying to duck. I would just like to be able to have some time where things go along a bit better and I can catch a breath.

Have good day.

Good Tuesday morning!☁️

It must have rained pretty good last night, I'd rather the storms come through while I was awake. They didn't wake me up, I just like to watch a storm roll in.⛈️

Let Mitchell borrow my car today so he took it last night. His dog, Caramel, gets spayed this morning and she doesn't fit in his car (so he says) 🐶. He had to bring me to work this morning and the clinic is a mile from my office. He'll pick her up before he gets me later today. I got her a new toy that she can have in a few days. I made sure he knows that Cara needs to stay calm for a couple of days.

Fell asleep twice last night on the couch 😴. I didn't realize I was that tired. That really messed me up because I didn't go to bed until 11:00, that's late for me.

My grass cutting guy is supposed to come today to cut the grass, not sure if he'll be there with the rain we got overnight. Maybe he'll come over later in the day. Him and his girlfriend had a bad last month so I got them a couple of cases of diapers 💙. I didn't want to put them on the front porch so they're sitting by the back door. Hopefully he remembers to grab them.

Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning.
Sunny now, but dumped down the rain last night for a long time. I need to mow the grass, just don't have time to do it yet. I put mostly everything back in the guest room, and moved some stuff from the computer room in there. Computer room is smaller, and not a lot of room to move the furniture back and forth.

I took the trash down this morning, I may not have the energy to do it tonight, lol
Going to make my grocery list for tomorrow now while I have a little while to do it. Daryl is supposed to be here around 9:30.
Have a great day

1692104607988.png

:hug:dear Snowysmom! As pooh:wisely says and our dear Quacker family member Lynn reminds us, :sunny:brighter times are there. God is always with you, my friend and so are all of us! I am very grateful always for your kind therapist and truly admire your spirit in continuing to see her--good for you! 🌸

:dogdance:🙏for Caramel, dear Footballmouse and more than that always prayers for you, my friend. How are you feeling?:grouphug:

Lynn:hug:I am so very grateful you have both Daryl and Dave in your life--good men indeed. Tell Don hi too, of course and that he is also (you forever are) in my prayers. Wishing you both a good Tuesday🌼

Thank you all always for being bringers of kindness, faith, and joy to all! I appreciate each of you with love so much. You know that, I sure pray. Happy Tuesday. I will come back later.

Attachments

• Tuesday.jpg
    Tuesday.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 0

(Phone post, so please pardon the lack of quotes)

Great news on rooms painted and friends seen! :hyper:

Hugs to the dog at the vet and for comfort in rough times. :hug:

Do you ever have one of those days when the same clutter you didn't even notice yesterday is driving you crazy today? That is me today, and as soon as this crazy cat is done sitting out in the chilly air (or it starts raining again :laughing:) I'm scrapping the to do list to clean instead!

DH has a doctors appointment later that he's a bit nervous about, so fingers crossed, prayers, good vibes...whatever your thing is, are greatly appreciated.

I guess it's still morning so I'll say 'Good Morning All'!

Up early as usual and got ready to go meet DD to pick up my granddaughters.

That was at 8am, so not too bad.

Into the car and on the way to my house, the requests started. Can we have the purple pancakes? Can we have the sausage you make?

Purple pancakes were easy as it's a Trader Joe's mix. Ube Mochi pancake mix with purple yams. I like them also.

The sausage required a grocery store stop so we went and picked up Jimmy Dean sausage roll with sage. I also like this.

On my list was lactaid free milk because youngest is lactose intolerant. With a little kid if you don't pay attention it will be many bathroom trips and underwear changes. She also said 'can we get the chocolate one? That would be 4.79 each, by the way. A gallon of regular milk is $2 something at Costco. I bought both kinds and both kids will drink them. It's also got a long expiration date so will last until next week, the last week they will come as school will start.

We also got the galbani cheese sticks which I really like.

Eventually we made it home after spending $37 for the sausage stop. I'm not complaining, just remarking.

Breakfast was delicious and now they are watching netflix kid videos. Right before 10 am they wanted to know what time lunch was. I set the timer to 11:45 and said, 'when you hear the timer go off'.

I'm catching some 'me' time as I've promised them a 'road' trip tomorrow. We will drive to the Bay and bring some snacks. Maybe we will go to Point Lookout and they can get wet at the beach area. They want to ride in the van as they love the space. There goes my gas mileage! From 50MPG to 15MPG. oh well.

Meanwhile I'm catching up on the bills and making plans to pay my house taxes. Not due until September 30, but I like to make sure I transfer in the funds on time.

Almost time to serve lunch.

:thanks:Grandma Judique for all the love and kind care you give to your granddaughters. How blessed they sure are to have YOU! Purple pancakes sound fun. I admit I probably prefer my plain regular 🥞Great idea on the timer! 🙏for fun and safe travels:car:tomorrow!

I meant to share this earlier. Target Circle once again this week is offering a $15 Target Gift Card with a $50 Target Home Care purchase either in store or online. Dad and I need more Up&Up Antibacterial Hand Wipes and possibly Quilted Northern, so may do this. Trying, always to save dear all of you some money. Speaking of saving money, thanks again to Lynn for already doing this for us, we were so grateful YOU got to save $20 too, anyone planning to join Walmart Plus? Please PM me if you are! They are offering still a free $20 credit to a member (Dad is) with a referral to a friend who becomes a Walmart+ Member. That person also gets $20! That is the only reason I ask that on here because any of you would also get the savings! All of you know, I hope, I wouldn't do so otherwise! :)

Computer room done 100% . We didn't have to unplug or unhook the computer, modem, printer, heart monitor thing, etc. Made it a lot easier on me when he was done. I just finished putting everything back. He's coming on Thursday to do the master bedroom. Says he'll stay until it's done. Then he's going to paint the rest of the foundation, all of the windows, and the entire front porch for me. Will save my back and arms, and I know he won't charge an arm and a leg. I'm tired but I'm going to make something to eat and then get outside and mow the lawn.
Have a nice evening. I plan on doing nothing after I come in but take a shower and go to bed early. I'm beat.

Hi Hi everyone....sorry I just went MIA for a little while. There's no way I'm going to be able to get updated on everything but I hope you all are well and I have missed this post. :grouphug:

I've been on the go go go....I think I last posted when I was getting ready for Rhode Island. I was there for 2 weeks with DH, we flew back the same day, home for about a week before DH had to head back. I was home for about 2 weeks before I headed back to RI again, there for 2 more weeks and then home. DH flew home with me again but was only home for the weekend before heading back. I told him I'm home staying for awhile but not until after a week long trip(leaving tomorrow) to visit my sister and niece in WA. Sheesh....I am tired, most of my/our home time has been going here and there visiting friends and family we missed while gone so it hasn't been very relaxing. LOL

We now have another furry member of the family. :) Our best friends oldest son and DIL's(baby Ana) dog, we dog sat for them when when they went on vacation during our first time home from RI. He and Dolly got on so well during that time. He went home for the next two weeks we were in RI and it was mutually decided he would come live with us. :blush: He's a good boy....German Shepard, about 5 years old. There was a couple days of readjustment when he got here but now Dolly and Jager love each other, its so cute. I'm on the computer but will share a pic later from my phone when I get the chance.

Some more exciting news for us...Baby Ana is gonna be a big sister, a baby boy, due Feb. We are so excited....hoping a praying for a healthy baby and healthy mama. She a little anxious after some complications with Ana, plus her little delays.

Anyway, just wanted to pop on a say hi.

ETA pictures of the doggies...Jager in the front, Dolly in the back. :lovestruc
20230713_082454.jpg
This morning...:lovestruc Jager looks a lot like one of our old boys.
Screenshot_20230815_134258_Messages.jpg

Last edited:
Good evening.

Been busy as usual. Today my oldest granddaughter and grandchild #3 in birth order turned 19. I remember the day she was born as though it were this morning. She looked just like her mother. It is also my cousin's birthday, so we went to Shady Maple for breakfast, Kitchen Kettle and then Lapp Valley Farms for ice cream. The only downside is my mom couldn't go with us as planned as she took my dad to the ER last night. He was in so much pain with his knees that he couldn't make it up the stairs to get in bed. Mom gave my cousin a doll that was our grandmothers and to be honest I had a twinge of jealousy. I am ashamed to admit it but I did. When my cousin opened her gift, and I explained it to her she burst into tears. She was so thrilled to have gotten something that belonged to Gram. My jealousy disappeared to see her so happy. My cousin had a hard life and is now raising her sister's 2 children so for her to get something so meaningful made me a bit teary eyed. I am 11 years older than my cousin, so I had more time and more memories, and I realized that is enough for me.

It took that moment of seeing the joy on my cousin's face for me to realize how blessed I am. Her father died when she was a young teenager. Her mother had mental health issues, so she had a rough upbringing. The one constant in her life was our grandmother. I know she will cherish this gift for years to come and she can hand it down to her "daughter". I still have both my parents and so many happy memories of my grandmother that I don't need a thing, my cousin needed a tangible connection.

Anyway we did have a great trip. I got a Jim Shore Disney piece for my collection - Oswald this time. I am running out of room in my curios, and will be adding at least one more piece in October when he comes to Boscovs to autograph a purchased piece. I am very excited for that. PLUS I ordered tickets to go see the Disney 100 exhibit at the Franklin Institute for Friday, Crystal and I are going.

Hope you all are having a good week.

:grouphug:Lynn! Praise extra indeed to God. I am so thankful all is done, yay! 🛌💤Please!

Welcome Back, dear AuntieMe3!🐥💕Praise extra absolutely to God that you are safe and well first and foremost, of course, always! We did miss you! Thank you for giving such a beautiful :dogdance:Jagger a loving home. I love that Dolly loves him already. Match absolutely orchestrated by God extra! God Bless the new baby especially to be born in February the month of extra love and dad's birthday month, too! :)

:grouphug:PollyannaMom and :cheer2:cheer, of course, first and foremost additional gratitude once more to God as well! May you both rest easier tonight too!

:hug:Dear Taz and I'm so grateful to God that you did have a positive overall day. After all you ahve been through of late, that truly brings me joy to read!

We have had an extra blessed afternoon here, too. I am so humbly grateful that God has brought us all so much further out of this time of Covid in general, you all know that, and so that this was even possible for me to do today! I had been secretly saving some money for dad to be used toward a new 🛌for himself. His current bed is 20 years old and hard as a rock. God willing, he will, as I have shared, be celebrating a milestone big birthday next February. I really would love for him to have a comfortable bed especially after all he has been through health wise and still does extra for both of us. All of you know that I pray to daily give Him thanks for His blessing to dad and I of this extra time we have in health together and to I pray serve Him! With Labor Day coming up, I wanted dad to have the money now so he can start looking. He was very appreciative and will do so, yay. I also by the Grace if God was finally able to go inside a bank. I had received in the mail last year a debit card that goes along with our joint savings account. To fully activate it, required me to make a pin number which=my going inside the bak. I couldn't do that until now. I did that and was able to also take out from that account money we agreed on to be used some of for every day stuff and others I have divided up in secret to go toward God Willing making dad's postcard birthday album and other surprises happen along with some savings toward possibly any outings next February. All a joy to do. Still have a good amount in the savings account and in a separate savings bond.

Thursday we are planning, God willing, to go to a Dollar Tree and Target, possibly Ross as well all in the same smaller shopping center. We will go to JC Penney right at their opening at 10am. We still have $17.95 on a JC Penney Gift Card. We just want to use that already so we aren't tied to them anymore. Related, don't ever order slippers on Amazon! The pink slippers I got today that were supposed to be plush and soft? Hard as a rock and came stained on one shoe! Amazon refunded our money and said we don't need to return them. Extra reason for going to JC Penney on Thursday. We will also that morning see what if any rugs Ross and JC Penney's have and make our decision on our Marshall's rugs. Choices are certainly a blessing indeed.

Sweet Dreams, Friends with love!

Attachments

• Sweet Dreams.jpg
    Sweet Dreams.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 0
@AuntieMe3 Beautiful dogs! They look like good friends.

@tazdev3225 Glad your cousin loves the gift she got. The best gift sometimes is seeing the happiness on someone's face.

@flyingdumbo127 How nice that you are able to help your Dad with his new bed and other things. And that you get out and around now doing errands and other things.

@PollyannaMom Happy to hear your DH's appt went well. Good news.

Last night we went to the kids' T Ball field to get their certificates and medals. Soon to ex had the kids so she was there along with her mother and father. It was a bit awkward but I was cordial. One guy kept looking at me and then he came over to ask me if I worked at the place I work at now. Then I recognized him. He was the IT guy at work who always helped me get things set up that I needed. My boss told me he lived around here and he lives in the same town as Kenny and was a coach too. He grew up in the town I am moving to. He was a very kind helpful person so it was nice to see him. He left the company years ago and keeps in touch with some of the IT people.

Tonight is the meeting of the conservation commission. My agent is on vacation until the end of the week so it will probably be awhile before I hear what happened. I hope they agree on the plan the builder is bringing to them.

Have a good day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter