Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good evening all. I got caught up with posts and there are to many to remember. I didn't realize I wasn't on for so long.

@Pea-n-Me - love the renovations. Similar to what I am hoping to do this winter

@lynxstch - I get your frustrations with the painter. My grandson was supposed to have at least gotten the 2 new dpoors up by now. I will give him a break as he has been working a lot and the transmission went in his car again. The second time in about 4 1/2 months. He only has weekend availability right now and his wife keeps him busy, He does plan on starting while I am away hopefully.

It has been a rough and busy week. The stomach bug took a lot out of me and I am finally feeling close to myself. Thursday my dog had an unusual accident in the house on my new carpets. When I went to look for the rug cleaner the container was dripping. It turned out to be a leak under the sink in the kitchen. Thankfully we caught it early before to much water damage was done and we called a plumber we used in an emergency a year or two ago. Thankfully it was a simple fix. new washer and retightened the nut that had worked loose. I know now to keep a check on that. He was very reasonably and only charged $40. Plus he gave me an estimate for the work in the basement. We are adding a powder room when we redo it. He also gave me a location so it helps with the planning. It will be Jim's "man cave" for all his sports memorabilia. We also had the roof silver coated. It should have been du=one a couple of years ago but with Covid we put it off. That's good for @10 years so one more thing not to worry about.

Friday was Ella's 8th grade graduation. She got very misty eyed a few times. I can't believe that she is off to high school in the fall. Yesterday was my son's birthday. It was a busy week especially when I wasn't feeling well. This week will be a little easier as the little guys are done this week.

I don't know how many of you have seen the news from my area but the I-95 collapse isn't far from me. I was really annoyed by comments on Facebook by people who are only worried about the inconvenience to them. I lived through a similar collapse almost 30 years ago. It's an inconvenience, but I knew in my heart that the driver of that truck didn't make it. He was unaccounted for until early this morning. I just kept thinking that a man is missing and most likely deceased, get over yourselves. Sadly my feelings were proved to be true and he left behind a 7 year old daughter. My heart was so heavy for them. Thankfully my mom will still be able to take us to the airport next week and we have lived in that area long enough to know the backroads, plus we are leaving before rush hour so we should be fine.

I'll leave you with pics from the graduation

Ella
53 - 3.JPG

And The proud Grandmom with the graduate
67-1.JPG

Hope you all have a nice evening

Good Tuesday morning.:flower2:

Went and fed Evan's cats last night, they were happy to see their grandma 😏. Cleaned out the litter boxes and then swept their floors. They had the AC on at 62! It was like walking into a freezer 🥶. I turned it up to 75 (the temperature outside didn't get out of the 60's yesterday) and told Mitchell when he goes over tonight to turn it to 70 since they'll be home tomorrow.

Updated my resume last night while I was watching the Reds game :surfweb:. Nothing else exciting is happening. Rain expected some time today but it's not expected to be like what we got this past Sunday.⛈️

Jacob just called about his health insurance card. He said he was on his way to urgent care, he thinks he may have broken his foot playing with the dog last night.

That's about it, have a great day! :wave:

Good morning.

Celebrated DH's birthday last weekend with all the family, which was fun. Long story follows about his gift.

We had our south west trip all planned. Then last Tuesday, Sarah texted me "MOM THE BRUCE SPRINGTEEN TICKETS ARE DURING YOUR SOUTHWEST TRIP" She and Andrew had bought tickets for Jack, plus one, to go the the Springsteen concert in Baltimore in September. I know I had asked them if they had anything during those two weeks that they needed us to babysit before I booked. They remember me asking but never mentioned the concert tickets. They listed the tickets to resell. Then Thursday I got a text from my SIL that they were giving us a heads up that my niece's baby shower was September 16. This is my brother's first grandchild and also during the trip. So, taking these both into consideration, we are moving the dates of our trip 2 weeks later. And Sarah took the ticket listing down. It was quite a surprise for DH and made moving the trip worthwhile. We spent all Sunday cancelling and rebooking flights, hotels, and tours we had booked.

We also went to a Fountains and Drones show at Longwood that was really cool.

Finally got some rain yesterday which was really needed. I also got a significant haircut, shorter than its been in 30 years. I like it.

the I-95 collapse isn't far from me. I was really annoyed by comments on Facebook by people who are only worried about the inconvenience to them.
That was a terrible thing. And I agree. When we are in a back up from an accident, I always think that the people in the accident are having a way worse day than I am.

Beautiful, sunny day today. Take care everyone.

Good sunny morning. That one inch of rain we got yesterday has already made a difference. I swear the tomato plants got bigger overnight, lol. It's going to be mid 70's today, with a chance of rain tonight and tomorrow. Tomorrow marks the 1 year anniversary of my brother in law's death. I'm going to go shopping with my sister in law and take her out to lunch. Then her and my niece are going to see a movie. I don't want her sitting home all day and crying. She does enough of that.
@footballmouse --I hope his foot isn't broken!

@tazdev3225 -Beautiful pictures, and beautiful girl

@Breezy_Carol Glad you were able to reschedule everything for your trip.

Off to gather the trash and pick up some weeds while they are still easy to pull out. Then a load of laundry goes in and the floor gets washed. That's my whole list for the day. If I have the energy to do it, I'll be good.

Have a wonderful day

e2c48c885cf1a9ca4a74460995716909.jpg

Good Morning dear Quackers,

Extra love and hug to all of you this Tuesday and always prayers of healing and peace, too!

Quiet morning so far here. Dad prayers extra appreciated as he does have a medical procedure this morning. Thank you all so much always. Glad to also share that our 📀new copy ofpooh:plays. We will have fun watching it later :)

💕🐥always!

Thread save to share thanks to God, dad is safely home! I'm so grateful this procedure is now behind him. Thank you all so much for your extra prayers for him this morning. Otherwise, all is quiet around here. Prayers this finds each of you having a bright afternoon. Taz and Lynn, thinking extra of you. Footballmouse, prayers all-around to you:grouphug:to all!

Attachments

• flowers.jpg
    flowers.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
@FlyingDumbo Glad your father is back home and doing well. He can rest now.

Just a quick good evening. I was in the office today and then getting ready for NH. I work tomorrow and then off we go in the afternoon.

I ended up booking a cruise for next summer, to Bermuda out of Boston. Chris and I have gone twice and really enjoyed it. Kenny wants to take the kids so I got 2 cabins through work. I get a bit of a discount so it helps. We'll see if I end up going. But it is over a year away and I have until early April 2024 to decide. Kenny has a friend coming along so he will have help with the kids if I decide I can't do it.

Have a good evening.

Good morning, all :sunny: (<--- this sun is not quite accurate, though, it's super foggy here).

Some minor errands this morning and then I pick the twins up after school. It's getting near the end of the year, so hopefully no homework. Baseball practice looks a bit iffy weather wise, but we might get it in before the predicted rain.

Good morning. Dreary here with fog. The weather for NH does not look too good, rainy off and on. Tomorrow morning looks to be the best of all the days so we are doing the flume then. The kids can always do the water park in the rain as long as it is not thundering and the temps stay in the 70s as forecast. They also have arts and crafts for the kids. There are things to do. We will make the best of it. I am bringing books with me.

Off to work. Not sure if I will be on for the next few days. Have a good day.

Happy Flag Day!

Stopped at the grocery store on the way home from work and grabbed a few things. I'm going to make a taco salad for the weekend so I needed some avocados. Got home fed everyone then started cleaning all the litter boxes. I bought a litter box with a top for my "renter" Remy. She must think the litter box is a sand box, there's litter all over the room. Hopefully this helps. She finally came out from under the futon last night and let me pet her. Progress!

Expecting more rain today. Luckily with all the rain we had on Sunday, I just had a small puddle in my basement. I was expecting a lake.

Snowysmom - how great to have a cruise to look forward to! Cruising to Bermuda, that would be exciting. One of the nurses that I work with on the weekends leaves this week with her family for Italy. They are cruising Disney out of one of the ports in Italy. They'll hit up Greece and 1 other place.

Back to work, have a great day!

Good morning. Rained overnight, raining lightly now. I managed to get outside and mow and trim the whole yard yesterday, as did half the neighborhood. All you heard was mowers and trimmers. They say it will clear up and be low 70's today, I can live with that.

@Snowysmom Have a great trip to NH. And you will be another year stronger by the time the cruise comes around, I have high hopes that you'll be able to go and enjoy it.

@PollyannaMom -kids there are still in school? wow, schools here have already been out for more than 2 weeks now.
It's market and errand day here.

Have a great day

42dcc7078172acde3ea005a0d11ca462.jpg

Good morning. Have had a busy couple of days. Went to my follow up eye appt on Monday. You won’t believe this but I spent two and a half hours in the waiting room waiting to see the doctor, which sort of messed up my day. Some I’m sure would’ve left, but she’s the first one who‘s helped my eye problems so I really wanted to see her (I could see her running in and out of rooms so I knew she was busy), plus I’d traveled through super heavy traffic to get there (and didn’t want to do it again). I was amazed at the before and after pictures of my eyes - so much better.

Yesterday I was tired and sleeping in, when I woke up to DD on the phone w DH who was at work but feeling very dizzy - to the point he couldn’t walk right. So off we went to get him and drive his car home. I had something similar happen to me from an inner ear issue, and I felt that was probably what it was, but we decided we’d better take him to the ER to be sure. So we spent the day there, and thankfully, that’s what it was. They did bloodwork and a head CT fairly quickly to rule out anything more serious. But another long day of sitting in waiting rooms.

Today I haven’t decided yet what I’m going to do. Honestly I feel a little discombobulated after two days of unexpected stuff. I’ve sort of been plugging away with doing some stuff in the family room - mainly getting little things we need once we started using the space. May try to hit some of the book boxes. OR I may go out just to get out a bit. Not sure yet.

Thanks for the feedback on the room reno. We got our (old) end tables and lamps up I think the vibe is different at night, even more cozy. DH and I had one little tiff about hanging things on the walls. He put a couple of things up a little crooked and uncentered, and I didn’t want them to stay that way. Unlike him to become mad about things like that so that was Clue #1 he may not have been feeling well. (I think the pollen got to him and caused some fluid shifts in his inner ear, not to mention sawdust and maybe even some mold and insulation and who knows what else. They were wearing masks early on but got away from them.) Kids were kind of horrified at us yelling at eachother, but now we’ve been teasing eachother about it for the past couple of days. (Probably strange to see two almost-elders giving eachother the finger (in jest), lol.) Bound to happen w project like these - we’re ready for it to be DONE (but we still have a ways to go). We have so many other things we’re neglecting in the process.

Lynn I see your frustration w the painter. Seems sort of bizarre the way she works.

Taz, loved the picture of you and your granddaughter.

Footballmouse, I did a resume last year for the first time in almost 30 yrs! Hospitals have gotten so crazy. I hope you can either find something else that you’re looking for, or work out whatever it is that’s bothering you in your current job.

Snowysmom, have a good trip! For many years we went up there in July and I remember some weeks being rainy like that. We always managed to find some things to do with the kids. I love the general stores! But also like the train rides, obscure museums, natural science center, etc.

Thinking of all and keeping everyone in my prayers. Have a good Wednesday! 🐥

Yep - they don't start 'til after Labor Day here here, so they finish mid to late June, depending on snow days.
I remember one year because of a lot of snow the kids going till almost the end of June! Like, the 28th or something. I do like the Sept-June schedule, but it seems for the past 20 yrs or so, more of our schools are going back in late August, unlike some in the rest of the country who seem to go back in early Aug. My Bday is early Sept so I always hated going back to school on what was sometimes my actual birthday, especially where my best friend’s bday was mid-June! (Thanks for reminder!)

Good Winds-Day Morning🐣

Dad and I enjoyed watching last night, pooh:searching for hunny. I'm a big fan of simpler, traditional, old animation.To me, the extra time, care, and often love put into it, shines through as it did with our friend Pooh. I always cheer for him blue 🎈and all on his hunny flight. We will watch another part of this 📀later. We're defintely pleased with our DVD player. It was a great bargain, too.

This morning we got 💌from yesterday including nice cards for both of us.

I do feel badly that we had to cancel our Boost order. The shopper reported that the Ralphs he was at is out of Aquafina. We don't want any other water. Dad, sometimes, can get himself worked up for nothing and chose not to ask whether the shopper could check a different Ralphs. There are many Ralphs on our area. God willing our next order during this month will work out.

Speaking of water, Sandro, our Sparkletts man just came. He's always so kind. We're also expecting 📦s from Amazon and Target. Reminder once more to purchase extra stamps before July 9th. My extra stamps came today. We also got our Cousin Steve 🚂stamps as either a stocking stuffer for Christmas or as part of an Anniversary gift for him and Ruth. Their 41st Anniversary is coming up on the 4th of July! :)

Dad, thankfully, will be staying home today. Tomorrow, I'm looking forward to going to Target and possibly a store for lightweight slippers.

PollyannaMom, :hug:as always for all the love and care you share with the twins. They really are so blessed to have you in their lives. ⚾cheers for them always and, cheers in all ways, of course for dear you!

Snowysmom, I'm sorry about the dreary, chilly and possibly 🌧️weather. Love, always, your outlook and absolutely you and your family will still have fun. Enjoy please a good 📕

Footballmouse, Remy 🐈reminds me of PollyannaMom's kitties. All are definitely feisty felines. Thank you both for the loving home you give your cats, Lynn, you to your cats, of course, too. 🙏continuing extra for you all-around, my friend.

May your 🛒 and all errands go quickly, smoothly, and dryly:umbrella:dear Lynn. Continuing painter completion of work prayer, too!

:grouphug:dear Pea with extra prayer indeed to you and your DH! Praise extra to God on both of your health. Please do take care. How is your son doing?🙏ETA after reading your latest post, I also would not have liked at all having to go back to school for a new year on my actual birthday. I'm sorry you had that experience. Prayers your family did something fun and special extra for you!

Out here, school schedules can vary by District. IMO, kids are in school for way too long a day. I just can't also imagine school in August for some as well. To my way of thinking school should start after Labor Day and end before Memorial Day.

Wishing all of you a wonderful Wednesday with love always. I will come back later :)

Hi everyone....sorry I just disappeared for awhile. I somehow got signed off the boards then had a problem signing back in, got frustrated so just left it alone for awhile...I'm sure it was a case of user error I'm sure as I had no problem getting on right now. :rolleyes1

Been keeping busy. I actually worked a couple days at my old job to help out while one employee was in the hospital, another on vacation and the other in college doing finals that week. My boss/friend appreciated the help and I enjoyed the extra money and realization I made the right choice to stop working when I did. I also again helped one of best friends do flowers for a wedding a couple weeks ago, we're doing flowers for a celebration of life this weekend and have another wedding lined up for Sept(our best friends son us getting married....DH is going to get online ordained to officiate. :lovestruc).

DH is in Rhode Island for work for a couple weeka so I'll be flying out to meet on Saturday night. I'll be there 2 weeks and then we'll fly home together. Looking forward to it as we've never been. We'll be seeing my cousin who's going to school in Boston and also making a drive up to Maine to see one of DHs friends from when he was in the Marines.

I truly hope all is well with you alland hope to come back to regularly checking in.:grouphug:

Edited to add....Dolly is doing great too...she is such a good girl. :lovestruc
20230512_104703.jpg

AuntieMe3, it is such a blessing to see a post from you :grouphug: I had been concerned! Very thankful extra to God you and your DH are well. Wow. Have a wonderful and safe trip! Maybe you can meet an Eastern 🐥! Thank you for filling in for the teacher, I'm sure the kids were happy to see you, and helping with memorial :flower2:s again, too. You make a kind difference to many, including all of us! Keep in touch, please :)ETA God Bless precious Dolly! Beautiful, happy :dogdance:Thank you always for welcoming her into your family!

@Pea-n-Me So glad your DH is OK. You sure spend alot of time in waiting rooms this week. I hope you can relax a bit now.

@AuntieMe3 Happy to see you posting again. Dolly is so beautiful. She looks so calm and happy,

The car is packed and to the point that when we open the back hatch we will have to play catch. We have to bring our own linens and towels so that adds to the mess. I also have Ellie's birthday presents so we can stop at their house on our way back from NH.

See you soon. I intend on trying to find some calm on this trip and try to meditate a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter