Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Happy Monday! Just wanted to share that I looked on your thread today out of curiosity as I always see it pop up. I was excited to see your messages indicating that Barry Manilow is touring this year. I just looked and unfortunately he's not coming to Chicago. Bummer. I'd like to see him. Jealous of all of you who've seen so many of the "greats" like Barry, John Denver, Beach Boys, Simon & Garfunkel, etc... and did someone say Hall & Oates were bad? My concert list unfortunately includes dozens of riff raff 80's-90's bands with only a few good ones: David Bowie, U2, The Pretenders, Charlie Daniels Band, Journey, Wham! (included because George Michael was such a great singer). Anyway, thanks for the positivity in your thread.
Thanks for stopping by! Come by anytime!

Welcome to our little thread @sdk1231 Feel free to stop by anytime you'd like. We're a friendly bunch!

Its cloudy and windy this morning. No idea yet if work roof can be done or not. Chance of rain tomorrow and Wednesday too. Might be Thursday before anything gets done :(. Also by the time the grass dries out, it's going to be out of control. I will have to put the bagger on the tractor or else mow it 2x.

Don has a cardiologist appt this morning. And we are not sitting there for 45 minutes after while this doctor writes his notes. They can just mail them to us. We usually have to wait at least 30 min for the appt to start with, not sitting around needlessly afterwards. This is the first doctor I have ever heard of who does this. Then he will send e scrips for every med, needed or not, and add paper copies of each. He's a little too old school for me, and I'm old, lol.

Then we got a letter in the mail Saturday saying his nephrologist is leaving at the end of May. He has an appt with her this Wednesday. Every time he gets a doctor he really likes, this happens :(

Off to get ready, his appt is at 9:30

Have a great day--send some prayers for sun and no wind, lol!

6044175ebefa383307f3a8486990871b.jpg

Hello-May-700x469.jpg

Good morning, all!

Sorry about the doctor, @lynxstch.

It's sunny for the moment here, but looks to be pretty rainy week overall. I might try to get out and pull a few weeds, then I just have house stuff to get done today.

Happy Monday! Just wanted to share that I looked on your thread today out of curiosity as I always see it pop up...

:welcome:

We were out of there by 10:15. The nurse said have a seat and wait for him to type up his notes. Don said tell him to put them in the portal or mail them, we aren't sitting here for an hour. Visit went well. He stopped the Trulicity since it was causing so many issues. Increased slightly 2 of his other meds, and will have a follow up visit in 3 months. We are home and I am going to find something to do while waiting to see if Dave is going to come. We go from a few sprinkles to full sunshine. Less wind, but the temp is only 53 so far.

It is snowing, augghhh, so far it isn’t sticking. This morning woke up to the smoke alarm chirping, replaced the battery , but it is still chirping. Not sure what else to do, I’ll have to get a new one.

I have a ton of small tasks today, trying to get myself motivated. Motivation is hard to come by these days.

Happy May Dear 🐣Family

May this bright new month truly be one of renewal, extra growth and in faith, safe fun, and plain joy to all of you!

Dad did morning shopping and among others things got us a new Toaster from Target. Look forward to trying it out for a first 🥯as part of my dinner this evening.

Tomorrow early afternoon, God willing, for the first time since before Christmas way back in 2019, I will be getting my 💇‍♀️So excited about that. What a blessing it will be to just feel a ton more comfortable in going. Safety prayers, of course, appreciated. I would prefer going early afternoon to first thing in the morning because dad has shared that when he has gone to Supercuts right at open, they aren't always yet fully staffed and usually there are a few people waiting outside. I would rather be able to make an appointment tomorrow morning for 1 or so. I absolutely give God extra thanks for making it possible for me to do this! Hug and extra thanks to each of you for your encouragement and prayers. Of course, I will share how it goes.

Meantime, this afternoon, dad will be calling Costco to discuss hearing aid options. With all my heart, my sincere gratitude to all of you for your prayers for my beloved dad in all ways.

Pea :grouphug:with prayers for a positive appointment for your son! You know how sorry I am that he was hurt period and all the moreso that he's still recovering :( Safety prayers extra to all of your family! Praise God! What a wonderful ⚾friend encounter! God wanted you all to have some additional morning cheer! I hope you get to keep in touch!

Welcome to our kind group, SDK:flower3:Thank you for stopping by. Please do feel free and most encourage/invited to share whenever you wish.

Such pretty May 🌷PollyannaMom. I attached some back to you and all of our Quacker family, too :)

Snowysmom, :cheer2:🛳️trip is really coming up now! I'm truly so happy for you, my friend. Safe and fun prayers of travel. Truly may this new month find your daily journey surrounded with greater peace.

Lynn, how thankful to God I am that Don had a good doctor visit at last. So many 🙏for healthier and brighter/lighter of spirit times for both of you!

Dazed💛, thank God there was no true fire, first and foremost. I'm sure sorry you were awakened though, of course. Prayers you enjoy and extra good🛌with sweet dreams tonight.

:hug:Taz and prayers you are having a good May Monday :)

Enjoy the rest of the afternoon, friends. I will check back once more later.

Attachments

• May Day.gif
    May Day.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

@flyingdumbo127 Looking forward to hearing about your hair cut today.

@dazedx3 Thinking of you. I hope the snow has stopped and did not stick. Smoke detectors are annoying when they chirp but they are so necessary. It does sound like you need a new one.

Lynn Glad Don's appt went well. Hope the roof work goes well.

Another dreary day here. Yesterday it was nice to see the sun. Rain is forecast for today.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good morning! Doctor’s appt went well yesterday. Keeping DS out for a bit and referring to neurology. 👍🏻
Breakfast was good, felt like eggs Benedict, hadn’t had those in a while. None of us hungry for dinner, lol.
Took the dogs out when DH came home last night, ran a few local errands and got some business annoyances taken care of over the phone. 😬
Having a hopefully mellow day today at home. Dressing comfortably and going to try to get some work done in my room, to start its overhaul. Wish me luck.
Enjoy your Tuesday. 🐥
PS I added Gordon Lightfoot to my list the other day as an afterthought, and I see today that he has passed away. 🙁 A lot of the singers from the 60s and 70s are getting up there in age. We saw Frankie Valli just a couple of years ago and he was 88 then! He didn’t move much, lol. I was kinda worried he was going to fall off the stage!

Good morning!

I was wondering yesterday if it was time to put out my hummingbird feeders, I guess it is!

We had very light rain earlier, don’t know forecast, but I do hope for a bike ride today, and I will work on our bedroom, dust and straighten it up.

@Pea-n-Me , glad your DS’s doctor appointment went well.

Have a good Tuesday, all.

Bobbi

Happy Tuesday!🌷

Dang, it's been cold & rainy in Cincy lately, thought maybe I moved to Seattle and didn't remember doing it ☔. I want the 70's & 80's like May should be!☀️

Mia and I went and had lunch with the girls Friday. She was a perfect angel during lunch, either looking at everyone or sleeping.😇

Last weekend was supposed to be my weekend off, had big plans to do some spring cleaning around the house. Instead I worked a shift for one of the girls on Saturday and then as I was finishing dinner on Sunday, the charge nurse texted me to see if I would want to work 7p-11p that night. So my weekend off turned into working 16 hrs 🤦‍♀️. I did get some cleaning done Sunday morning.

No big plans for after work today, just heading home and who knows what dinner will be.🌮

I won $10 from a $10 lottery scratch off, yay me!!!:banana:

That's about it, have a great day! :wave:

Just saw the first hummingbird of the season! Was not expecting that at 615 am on a chilly, damp morning- time to get my feeders & food ready!

I was wondering yesterday if it was time to put out my hummingbird feeders, I guess it is!

I put mine out a few days ago because someone told me their migration pattern had been happening a little early this year, but I haven't seen one yet.

I've had my feeder out since Tax Day, which is when I thought we put them out in this area. I have been cleaning them and changing the nectar but no takers yet. You are south of me so I have hope.

I put mine out a few days ago because someone told me their migration pattern had been happening a little early this year

So I never really knew when I should put them out, I just kinda did it "at some point" in the spring once it warmed up. I'm not terribly scientific about it!! But since we had a sighting this morning I'm going to have to get on the ball. I usually buy the cheapy plastic ones each year and toss them since they get so gross even though I rinse/clean them out periodically thru the season.

I'm off to a meeting this afternoon, have a good day everyone.

Good Morning from me, too :)

Thank you, Snowysmom. I'm excited to share that I just got off the phone with Supercuts💇‍♀️I will be getting my haircut at 1:30! I will definitely share how it goes. Thank you and everyone else for your encouragement to do this. Please stay warm and :umbrella:

What a nice morning surprise🐦, Easyas. Thank you for tending to God's hummingbirds. Dad mentioned just yesterday that he missed seeing the hummingbird that used to come to a feeder our neighbor had rigged up. I don't think we really have a place to hang one though. Will have to take another look. I hope your meeting goes well!

Pea, I sure am grateful to God also that your son's doctors appointment went well. Continuing healing prayers. I'm also glad you do have a lot of good concert :music:memories. Room organizing :cheer2:

I do hope you are able to enjoy a 🚲ride in dry safety and comfort, Bobbiwoz! Thank you, also for feeding God's birds! I just smiled to think of "Feed the Birds," from Mary Poppins. I loved that song. It really suits dear you in fact and Tom because you both DO not only feed the birds but nuture with food and care humans, too. Thinking of the Coast Guard service men and women and their families you help feed. Thank you for caring for many forms of His 🐑

Footballmouse, 🙏you are feeling bettee and will finally be able to get some extra 🛌Thank you always for all of your hardwork and kind patient care. Please, though, take care of yourself, too!

:thanks:both Carol and PollyannaMom for also providing 🐦food and care.

Lynn, :hug:and prayers that you and Don are well. Maybe, finally, you are enjoying some extra 💤Thinking of you, my friend.

Wishing all of dear you a warm and happy Tuesday. I will for sure check in later:grouphug:

I just realized that I typed this at 8 this morning and never hit send. Geez. Better late than never. Good morning. We are on day 5 of rain, and no roof work getting done. Chance of it tomorrow too. Then at least 4-5 days of sunshine. They had better be right. The grass is getting way past needing to be cut.

Summer had another MRI yesterday, and has an appt with orthopedic surgeon this morning to go over all the results from the ones for her shoulder. She has made almost as many trips to Morgantown lately as my Sister in Law has. Summer went yesterday and said it was snowing on the way there. Some guy in a truck left his lane and hit the front of her SUV, and then took off. She was able to get the car under control and followed him to the exit and took a picture of his license plate, and called the police. She filed a hit and run report. It's not a lot of damage, but that's not the point. She wants him to pay for it, and to be charge with leaving the scene. There weren't many other cars around, she sent me a picture, but he had to have seen her. Some people have no conscience.

She just messaged me that she has to have surgery on her shoulder, again. He said he's never seen someone her age crumbling like this. There's a complete tear and it's not in the same place as before. He's also going to do joint and bone biopsies to try and get some answers.

Off to find something to do and make a grocery list for tomorrow. Don has a nephrologist appt and then we will go to the store after that.

@flyingdumbo127 Good luck with your haircut today. I hope all goes well.
@Pea-n-Me More prayers for your son.

Have a good day

:grouphug:Lynn and good to see you! I need to see a morning post from you. You so matter to me! Haircut good wishes thank you so much! Poor Summer. Continuing prayers for her all around. Thank God she was okay! How awful and scary for all. I truly hope everyone involved is okay. Glad Don is getting out again tomorrow. Of course, I'm sorry it's to another doctor appointment. Here's to a fun outing for him to soon come!

Hi everyone...we got back from Nashville Sunday and had a great trip but were so happy to be home. Tennessee is beautiful, the weather was cooler than I had hoped but probably a blessing because the one warmer day was a little humid for me and from what my SiL was saying, it was still too cold for mosquitoes, the two things I was worried about. LoL I'll be back later with a little trip report and to share some pics.

I skimmed a bit and glad to read some good news and still keeping in mind those that need good thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter