Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

This may seem mean, but when does Don ever look at the roof? You are the one out maintaining your property and who would be coming and going all the time, looking at a color someone else chose.

Hopefully he gets more mobile and I know it's not easy for him but it's sure as heck not easy for you to do all the chores you do. I vote that you pick the color (I know - I have no vote) even if you pick sky blue pink!

He's lucky to have you in his life.

Sorry about the hiccups! I used to have to ask for a bathtub when my youngest was little and then for my grands at age 1 -2ish. Then as I've gotten older I prefer the stand alone showers. I can still step into a bathtub but prefer not to. At home I have a very low bathtub that is fairly easy to get in and out but my next remodel may be a standalone shower. Have one upstairs but don't really want to be going up there either.

Shame on BCV for not getting you settled sooner! Comping dinner was the least they could do. They should have comped at least half the points for the room since I believe if you hadn't accepted it 'as is' who knows when you would have been able to settle in. Call or send an email to MS and ask them to do more. They prevented you from not only getting settled but from having use of your kitchen to 'possibly' cooking your dinner, all reasons why you probably purchased, to have the 'home' experience.
I own there and have experienced bad service more than once, and more than BWV even though most of my stays and points are BWV. Sometimes I think they neglect the villas in favor of guests in the regular part of the hotel.

I'm a fan of Flying Fish. I also enjoy B&C but it's been a while since I have been there. Enjoy the rest of your time with your friends.
You made me laugh and I needed that. You didn't sound mean. I told him the same thing, he never goes outside and never sees the roof. I am the only one who does any work outside (well, and inside too), so I should have the most say. He used the 'you picked the color for the bathroom, I should get to pick the roof'. I said I am also the one who helped redo the bathroom, and the one who cleans it. He told me to pick whatever I wanted for the bathroom, he didn't want any say in it. Find me a sky blue pink and I'll pick it! Thanks for saying he's lucky, I agree!

In agreement with Judique and PollyannaMom. You do alot of the work to maintain your house and you are the one spearheading the roof project. If you and Don cannot agree you get to decide. Just my opinion even though I really don't have a vote in this. LOL! Blue seems a bit different and cheery. When you go outside and see a blue roof it can make you feel happy and cheerful. Gray seems to be very common and kind of drab, just my opinion of course.

Have a good evening.

Happy Wednesday...we're back to cold and windy today....blah. DH got home this morning so Dolly is happy to have all her people home. Easy Stroganoff tonight...ground turkey, egg noodles, cream of mushroom soup and sour crcream. Friends are coming over for dinner tomorrow so I need to clean and then prep dinner so I'm not tired when their here. LOL

It's been awhile since I've shared my sweet girl so here she is on my bed, in my spot, laying like its her bed and her spot... :laughing: Her head was on the pillow before DD walked in to take the picture. :laughing:
702399688.jpg

Hope you all have a good night.

Good sunny morning

@AuntieMe3 Dolly is beautiful, she has made herself a member of the family so quickly. Too funny that your bed has now become her bed.

Going to be another summerlike day, temps near 90. I had planned on tilling the garden today, but now it's going to wait until the temps cool back down. I'm going to do laundry and wash the floors instead. May turn the ac unit on to make sure that all works as it should before we really need it. I could also put the first coat of waterproofing on the deck boards before it gets too hot. We bought anti skid treads to go on it, but it has to be thoroughly coated and dried first before putting them down. My outdoor list never gets shorter for some reason.

Have a great day everyone. I decided to give the Villian's a turn at my picture of the day, they get overlooked too much!

61379ac03a80554989b7f3377443cc42.jpg

Good Morning from indeed chillier LA,

AuntieMe3, I also miss the :sunny:You please take care and stay warm. I'm sitting on the 🛋️at the moment with my ⛄print blanket. I'll be putting on my nightshirt shortly. Truly God Bless Dolly:dogdance:What a precious pup. Thank you and Dolly for the loving care you give each other. Enjoy your dinner tonight and with your friends tomorrow.

Lynn, all you do never ceases to amaze me! One thing for sure is that your 🏠and trees/garden 🌸are beyond well tended to! My grandma was an immaculate person even later in life. We didn't often have a cleaning lady come in due to cost. I remember the few times we did, grandma would clean our house before she came. My beloved granfma was such a loving feisty, and go getter much like dear you:hug:

PollyannaMom, May your :laundy:go quickly and easily!

Quiet thread so far today. Thinking extra of you Snowysmom, Bobbiwoz, and Pea. Carol, Easyas, Dazed, Footballmouse, Frog, Judique, and Kirby hugs to each of you always, too. My sincere apology if I forgot anyone!

Dad is in the valley and has done well on his first two 🛒stops of another Ralph's and 99 Cent Only Store. Kirby and Footballmouse, Ralphs this week has Campbell's soups for 99 Cents! Dad was able to get us our Chicken Broth along with a couple other flavors for himself. He'll look at our Ralphs for additional cans when he's there tomorrow. I truly pray he will get himself some comfortable new 👟at Skechers, that's where he should be at right now. He sure needs new shoes. A pandemic positive is my own sneakers have lasted the last 3 years since they get limited wear. Of course, God willing one day I will be able to get out again.

No phone call yet from Dr.E's recptionist regarding moving my cleaning up a week. I will give her a call later. Quiet Thursday.

Have a happy in some way rest of the day friends. I will check back in later.

I was in the office today and then the cleaners came to the old condo. The wall patching does not look great so Jeff will put on some quick dry dry wall patch on Sunday to cover the cracks in it. After that, he will sand, and paint. All done. It is what it is.

Off to have some lunch before picking up the grandkids at school. They were excited to see Nana picking them up yesterday.

Have a good day.

Thread save!

Dad didn't get any 👟He said the Skechers he went to had limited selection that was mostly in smaller sizes. Plus, the neighborhood this store is located in sounds as though it's deteriorated since the pandemic. He didn't feel completely safe being out there. there are other Skecher Outlets, this one was just the closest to us. I will offer the $10 reward to a couple local friends.

I was able to move up my teeth cleaning to next Thursday morning. Should I go forward with the filling, that will be done the following Thursday. Grateful that worked out. I'll know more after I see Dr. R next week in terms of what the filling would involve. I appreciate so much all of your encouragement and prayers especially on this. I will keep you posted.

Snowysmom, I'm sure your grandkids loved having more grandma time! Thank you always for giving them all such loving care! Absolutely! What is done is done. Sooner you are 100% free from the condo the better:grouphug:

Have a good rest of Thursday🌸

I saw my therapist yesterday. She is really good.
I'm so glad you have found someone to talk to. Carol went to a therapist for awhile last year and it did wonders for her.

One of these days Snowy, I pray that you will be sitting out on your patio with a good cup of coffee, watching the birds and listening to their songs and have it hit you how much you have accomplished since Chris passed away. All the new things that you've learned, things that you never thought you would have to do but conquered them. I pray that this new home you will move into soon will be a balm to your soul, that you will make new friends to pass the time with, to laugh and cry with and feel a sense of belonging. Your grandchildren will love having you close by.

The weather has been so nice lately. I wish I could open my windows but I would be sick from my allergies flareing up. I heard on the radio that the Dallas area was the worst or 2nd worst area in the nation for seasonal allergies. That's the truth!

:grouphug: 💕Kirby, what an absolutely beautiful message to Snowysmom! Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us, too. I couldn't agree with you more! I likewise pray that Carol along with your precious grandkids sooner than later are finally able to be at a much more positive and all-around happier place in life. You know how sorry I am for the ongoing custody mess. It also is always pause to thank you for how much love and support you give to those kiddos and Carol, too, of course. They are all graced extra by God to have you by their side! Your Quacker family sure is blessed to have you in our lives🐥Feel better🙏

Sweet dreams everyone with love.

Good morning Quackers! Just catching up.

@Kirby I love your message to @Snowysmom, so beautiful!

Likewise, @Judique, I think yours is a good message for @lynxstch, too.
Personally I like the grey :teeth: but I hope they can work it out.
I think it’s what looks best with the color of the house.

@AuntieMe3, Dolly is looking adorable and right at home!

@bobbiwoz I’ve been thinking of you being at WDW and hoping you were having a good time. Sounds like some frustrations but hopefully the fun parts will overshadow those. Judique had good advice and I like the way she put it about buying in large part for the “home” experience. I hope they agree. Many say it’s good to address it before you leave.

@flyingdumbo127 Praying your father stays safe in some of these areas he ventures into. I just bought some Skechers for myself, too, but Amazon delivered them yesterday! I’d been looking for a blue mule sneaker without white bottoms and they’re hard to find, so I compromised and got a black pair with bold blue stitching that I think (hope) will do the trick. Yesterday I realized I needed some grey sandals (flip flop type) so I will have to look for some of those on Amazon. I find I have better luck finding what I want online rather than running around to different stores with no luck.

@Snowysmom I really love what your therapist said. It’s so true. I think that most of us are probably all guilty of envisioning our anxieties about things. What I envision for you is that once you are settled - and I mean, really settled - you will, as said above, be meeting new people and forming new relationships and I highly doubt that you will spend the rest of your life lonely. As I’ve said to you before, I feel that the early loss of your mother has a lot to do with how you feel about things now, those primary relationships like a mother and husband are so crucial to how we feel about things, it’s devastating to lose them. But you WILL do ok, I can just tell by how you have tackled things head on since Chris’s loss and you will continue to do that, one day at a time. You have so much love around you. It dawned on me as I was reading today that I think some affirmations would be nice for you, like, something positive you read every day about yourself. I’ve seen them in calendars and Apps, things like that. Maybe you could read one every day as you have your coffee and go for your walk. I will look around to see what I can find for you. I see a lot on Instagram, and I am constantly sending them to my kids, and to friends who need them. I so appreciate the people who write these things, and cards, etc. So glad you will be done with the condo now. Mission accomplished! :jumping1: Oh, and yes, I know LaCasia’s! Thanks for the compliments on the cannolis, and that was quite a compliment, as theirs are so good, too! I watched DH make them and he enjoyed it, he grew up in a family bakery, as well! They really aren’t overly difficult to make but it is a process getting the excess liquid out of the ricotta cheese so they’re not runny.

@PollyannaMom I think it’s so great that you take your classes and have so many interests!

@dazedx3 I hope you are feeling better. Please check in now and then, as we care. :grouphug:

Also thinking of all of our friends who we haven’t seen in a while - B&B, Carole, Tina, frog, Michelle, and others.

Will put my own thoughts in another post as this one’s already long! 🐥

@bobbiwoz Hope you are having a nice trip.

@Pea-n-Me I love LaCascia's pastries. I have to stay away or I could eat a ton. There is an Italian bakery near Kenny that is good but not as good. I stay away from there with only an infrequent visit. Chris' family introduced me to Montillio's bakery in Braintree. So good too. Now I want a cannoli! LOL!

@flyingdumbo127 I hope your father stays safe in his travels. Things have deteriorated in alot of places so you need to aware and careful. It sounds like you have a good plan for your dentist appts.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I also hope I will feel better and settled at some point. Right now things are difficult and I have definitely gone back a few steps. I do not feel strong at all. Having to sell the condo I bought last year and buy a new one, move to a new area which I believe will be a positive down the road, and just dealing with missing Chris so much now are making the days tough. I know this is probably not nice but when I see couples together, especially older couples like Chris and I, I get so sad and even a bit angry that it is not Chris and I together walking or shopping or having dinner out. I so miss our Friday night dinners out. A Hallmark movie last night showed an old couple in a hospital walking out together holding hands. I actually yelled at Chris that that should be us as we grew old together. It is a hard journey and I so appreciate everyone's support and kind words. Thank you so much.

My friend who was diagnosed with early breast cancer had very successful surgery yesterday, a lumpectomy, and no lymph node involvement. She is home and resting. Thank you for your prayers.

I took today off work. I need to use PTO and personal days or lose them. I am going to the condo to pick up most of the rest of the stuff. There will still be a bit left after this but Jeff needs most of it for his work on Sunday. Then I am going to do some errands. I think I may treat myself to pizza and salad for supper as I have been craving pizza. It has been a while. Kenny is out tonight so it is just me.

Have a good day.

Back! It’s been a busy week. Each night I was exhausted and fell asleep early - weird for me. I think the time change and change of seasons caught up to me. And of course long, stressful shifts don’t help, but hey. I also have an eye stye that’s been really bothering me all week, Idk if that could be making me tired but I suspect it might. I hate those things! Just a slight breeze causes pain to my eye, it’s like a corneal abrasion when inflammation rubs against the eye, and I went out with the dogs without my sunglasses and the sun and wind hitting my eye was like torture! My doctor said that she’s been seeing them more from people who have to wear masks (that’s me, for almost 13 hrs at a time) and I also have rosacea, which can have an optical component and cause this to happen. I have an appt to see someone about it at Mass Eye and Ear soon but I’m not real hopeful that there’s much they can do to help. We’ll see. 🙏🏻

Grocery shopped Wednesday afternoon after a lot of running around on errands. Got that all put away. Yesterday it got super hot here, up to almost 80s, like some of you. Ugh! I was like a lobster and had to go sit in front of a fan for a while to cool down! (Not putting AC on this early, I like these two or so months with lower electric bills!)

Cleaning out the fridge I saw we had a lot of cheese in packages that I wanted to use up so DD and I made a baked mac n cheese. I had never made one before (it’s not my favorite, but I looked up how) but she had in HS culinary class so between the two of us, we did alright. We made a roux, then added the cheese and milk, added all that to the pasta, added some corn flake crumbs on the top, and baked. It came out pretty good. DS had come home from golfing (also lobster-like, lol, poor kid got that from me) and said, “Will that be ready before I leave for work?” :laughing: and happily helped himself to a big plate.

Then we launched into some cleaning. I had sat out in the sunroom the other night to watch TV w DH and I saw a lot of dust (that drove me crazy sitting there). So we tore everything apart out there and cleaned it all, including the windowsills (still have to clean the windows sometime on a nice cool day, as well as give the floor a good mopping but we have outdoor flagstone tile out there so it’s not too bad with just a vacuuming, though with the dogs it gets muddy) and cobwebs off cords, etc. That’s what made me so hot! I also cleaned the stove and counters and vacuumed the whole downstairs and upstairs hallways. I was thinking I wish I had a cleaner, it would make my life so much easier! (Lynn, do you do side jobs? :lmao: ) I actually had one when my twins were little and I was working four long shifts a week. She was my friend so she didn’t charge much, and it was so nice to come home to a clean house! I wouldn’t be able to afford it today, though - my friend is retired! And I have to save so I can retire myself! Then I won’t mind cleaning, it’s something I actually enjoy.

DD had bought an outdoor water splash tube for the dogs so she set it up and tried to get them to go under. Toto was so cute she picked him up over it and his legs were doing the moves like he was swimming, lol. Grady wanted no part of it but DD ran around the yard with him on a leash and at least got him to go next to it where the water was splashing on his fur. She dropped the leash and he stood there for a bit seeming to enjoy it. We might’ve given him some cheese for his efforts - the good, stinky kind (provolone; he loves getting cheese or a bit of turkey or ham when we’re making sandwiches for work). She got soaked but at least she cooled down. Our pool isn’t open yet, we still have a new deck to put up (and to take the old one down) and to get it ready for the season. It would’ve been nice to jump in when I was so hot. We have a lot to do in the coming weeks. (Had planned to paint the house, too, but now we have this other thing going on downstairs. Well, no trips planned this summer so we’ll be working around the house instead - minus one weekend for a big baseball tournament that DS is in, we got a hotel and it should be fun, like the old days.)

About to start a work stretch. Wishing you all a nice weekend! 🐥 (Will read along but probably won’t be able to post much.)

Chris' family introduced me to Montillio's bakery in Braintree. So good too. Now I want a cannoli!
I've had things from there as well - so yummy!

My friend who was diagnosed with early breast cancer had very successful surgery yesterday, a lumpectomy, and no lymph node involvement. She is home and resting.
Excellent news!

I think I may treat myself to pizza and salad for supper as I have been craving pizza.
You definitely should!

I "liked" your post for the above, but I'm sorry about how you've been feeling regarding other couples. It must be so hard :hug:

Yesterday it got super hot here, up to almost 80s, like some of you. Ugh! I was like a lobster and had to go sit in front of a fan for a while to cool down! (Not putting AC on this early, I like these two or so months with lower electric bills!)
I caved! It might just be the earliest we've ever turned it on.

But the transition to so-hot-so-fast was too much for us, and DS's room especially gets wicked hot in the afternoon, as it's right on the sunny corner of the house.

DD and I made a baked mac n cheese...and said, “Will that be ready before I leave for work?” :laughing: and happily helped himself to a big plate.
So glad you learned how to make it and that your DS was happy. Mine loves it, and I make it for most holidays and at random other times.

Your story reminded me of a happy memory, too. - I had a "mother's helper" occasionally when DS was a baby (a neighbor girl who was a little too young to really babysit, but just had "the knack" - so I would have her come over to get some experience while I was home but doing stuff). One day I was making mac 'n cheese and she was fascinated - it only came out of a box at her house. She loved learning how to make it from scratch.

I hope your eye starts feeling better and they are able to hook you up with something to keep it from happening again!

I "liked" your post for the above, but I'm sorry about how you've been feeling regarding other couples. It must be so hard :hug:
@Snowysmom , just as PollyannaMom says, I must be so hard :grouphug:

Hi! Everyone, here we are, in our last day in WDW, and our friends have joined us in BCV. We appreciate what you said, Judique, but we were satisfied to be comped the meal. We only wish they were not silent about why the room was not ready earlier that 6:30. I will be sending an email to member services, but I will not be asking for anything else.

This trip has been complicated by my not feeling well, and I was able to do a tele conference with a doctor group, and Tom kept the rental car a day later to get an antibiotic for me. I am feeling much better today.😊

I think this will be our first April visit to WDW that I haven’t swam, but the flowers and topiaries are vibrant and beautiful.

Prayers for all who need them.

I know this is probably not nice but when I see couples together, especially older couples like Chris and I, I get so sad and even a bit angry that it is not Chris and I together walking or shopping or having dinner out. I so miss our Friday night dinners out. A Hallmark movie last night showed an old couple in a hospital walking out together holding hands. I actually yelled at Chris that that should be us as we grew old together. It is a hard journey
I think this is human nature, depending on what’s going on with individual life circumstances. It immediately brought me back to when DH and I were going through infertility. Three plus years of not knowing whether we’d ever be parents, but longing for just that. It was so painful. It seemed like everywhere we went, people had kids. And our families and friends all had kids. Everyone but us, it seemed. I remember being really infuriated one day at a mall when we saw a very young couple with five or six dirty looking kids and they were yelling at them and seemed kinda mean. I actually thought to myself, “God, why? We’d be really good parents!” There was even a time when NINE of my coworkers were pregnant, and all talking about cribs and showers and names and all that constantly. I couldn’t get away from it. Fortunately, God was good to us, and we did eventually go on to become parents. But I’ve often thought over the years about how many people were watching us as a family and wondering why they weren’t blessed with children, or why they never found their soulmate, etc. If I could I would tell them that I understand their sorrow. I think we all have these times. Many people over the years might’ve thought similarly as you and Chris and your family were out and about. Some might wish they could have a beautiful new townhouse like you’re going to be moving into, etc. I spent a lot of times at my best friend’s house growing up. It was always messy, the walls were ripped, and chaos ensued, but I loved being there, and sometimes wished I lived there instead of my own home, which was often volatile. I think when you talk to people, they all have these types of feelings from time to time. It’s natural.

I am always afraid to say it because I know how much you adored Chris, but I could see in your future you potentially meeting someone special who could be a nice companion to you. They wouldn’t replace Chris, obviously, but it might make the quality of your life here and now more pleasant, when and if the time are right. I often wished my mother would’ve taken up some of the invitations she’d had to go out, but it wasn’t something she wanted to do. I think it would’ve been healthy for her, though, to go out with someone who was her contemporary who remembered things as she did and the music and culture of those days, etc. My sister did it post-divorce, and she is happy. I meet a lot of patients who have been fortunate to find relationships post the death of their spouse (and we always talk about them!). So that is what I think may be a possibility for your future, maybe when you least expect it. It also doesn’t have to be romantic (I can see where that could lead to some anxiety) but more of a friendship. You are out and about a lot and really, that’s how it happens. Hang in there. :grouphug:

PS Yes I know Montilio’s. Back when we were getting married DH took a job with them part time so we could get a discount on our wedding cake! And DH and his father both know the owner (as did I with LaCascia’s). Old bakery people all know eachother! Our favorite bakery is Bova’s in the North End, but yes, walking in there is deadly. Fortunately DH and DD can make most of what we need. 👍🏻 I can’t do supermarket cakes, but there is a bakery near me that I occasionally pick one up if DH doesn’t have time to make one. At one time we had a small cake business from home before we had kids. He made some nice wedding and other occasion cakes. I often designed them and he executed. (Not unlike how we cook today!) DH’s father would sometimes accompany him to wedding venues to help set it up, etc. Over the years with cakes from a business he worked for it could get tough. He’d get a call that the kitchen people left the cake too close to the oven and it melted :scared1: he’d have to go to try to fix it on his way home! He works with different foods now but in retirement he’ll probably do some bakery consulting. Most of the old time bakers have retired and it’s hard finding people who know all the old skills today. (Even in culinary school he found himself showing the professors how to make things.) He consulted with one business near us where a young guy had bought this bakery and didn’t even know how to make something simple like brownies! A lot of newer bakeries today specialize in one thing like muffins or cookies. People ask if he bakes a lot at home, but he really doesn’t - just for special occasions. I do leave him a pile of brown bananas on a weekend and he’ll whip up some banana breads, but that’s about it. It’s like anything else, the last thing you want to do when you get home from work is more work!

Good Friday morning.

Haven't been posting for a while. I've been pretty sick since the weekend before Easter. I had to work from home all that week and then I had to call off sick the Saturday before Easter for my weekend job. First time calling in sick in 8 years. I had quite a few coworkers texting me to see if I was okay. I finally went into the office this past Wednesday. I started off with a sinus infection, went into an upper respiratory infection which went into bronchitis. I was down and out! Still a little wheezing but my cough isn't so hard and painful.

I need to go to a layout tonight before work. Friends of mine son was hit by a car one night back in November. He passed away the day before Easter, he was 23. Evan went to school with his older brother and Jacob played basketball against him during grade school. Every time I think about him I start crying. He just got out of the Army over the summer, scheduled to take the police test back in December and all this happens in November. It's going to be a rough night.

Haven't been really keeping up much on this thread. Hope everyone is doing well and are enjoying any vacation that you've been on or are enjoying now.

Easter was okay. I did manage to go to dinner with most of the kids that day (I was over being contagious).

Weather has been beautiful the past couple of weeks here in Cinti. I'm actually going to attempt to cut the front yard later this morning. Mitchell came over and cut the yard last weekend for me and I don't want to ask anyone to come over again. Hopefully I'll be okay. I'll do the backyard Monday night since it's supposed to rain Sunday and I work this weekend.

Off to pick up a grocery order. Have a great day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter