Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

I'm going to borrow "coronacoaster," too!

Hugs, Sparkle, there is definitely a lot going on right now and sometimes it does seem like one day melts into another and nothing has changed. This too shall pass and I sure pray when it does and things are more normal, they will be a kinder re-start and that will be in part thanks to you and everyone else on this thread and how you all live!

I got up a couple extra times last night myself, to get more water and to turn on the A/C briefly. I definitely sleep much better when it is cooler!

I hope each of you has a good Saturday. Hugs and remember we are all in this together, I thank God for bringing us together :)

I'm going to borrow "coronacoaster," too!

Hugs, Sparkle, there is definitely a lot going on right now and sometimes it does seem like one day melts into another and nothing has changed. This too shall pass and I sure pray when it does and things are more normal, they will be a kinder re-start and that will be in part thanks to you and everyone else on this thread and how you all live!

I got up a couple extra times last night myself, to get more water and to turn on the A/C briefly. I definitely sleep much better when it is cooler!

I hope each of you has a good Saturday. Hugs and remember we are all in this together, I thank God for bringing us together :)
It’s funny you should say that. I’ve been wearing a bracelet to work that has that saying on it for the past several months. It was a gift that someone had donated to us working in the Covid units. Practically every shift at the hospital we were inundated with thoughtful things from others like food, snacks, personal care items and even jewelry like that. It was so heartwarming and meaningful to us. So I wear it as a reminder that people care and that we’re all in it together with hopes we'll return to normal someday. If nothing else it will give us a new appreciation for what we have - maybe more the little things in life. I’m thankful for all of you here. It’s been a nice place to come when things feel crazy. 💞

Happy Saturday everyone. Started driving up to San Francisco(about 6.5 hour drive) after work Thursday to spend the weekend with my hubby, about halfway I was getting super tired and while I was talking to hubby he suggested I stop and get a hotel room for the night. So I stopped at a really nice hotel in the middle of nowhere off the freeway. :laughing: https://www.harrisranch.com I didn't get to check out the restaurant or shop but the room was really nice with a super comfy bed so I slept well.

I was hoping to make it in time to meet hubby for lunch but he ended up eating on the job and working late so I just relaxed in the hotel room and we door dashed dinner to the room from a great Italian place not far from the hotel. The first time I've had anything close to real Italian pizza since we were in Italy last year. I want to order there again tonight. I'm staying until Monday and it's been nice to get away from home for a little bit. Especially since its over 100 at home and "only" in the 80s up here. :laughing: Hope we can go drive around the city some tonight.

My niece is turning 5 next weekend. We're having a backyard campout for her birthday at our house so that will be fun.

I have a quite a few friends going through some things right now and Im hurting for them. Also my mom is having a pretty big surgery this week, they are expecting her to have to stay in the hospital for at least a week and I'm worried about it, especially since we can't visit. Hopefully everything goes well and she has a fast recovery....I think that's the thing I'm most worried about. She already needs so much physical assistance and I'm hoping after surgery she's not going to need even more. Just trying to be positive and hopeful. ❤

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day and tomorrow too.

Thank you for all the good wishes! My BP has been better today and I have felt better for the most part.

I haven't seen a QOTD so I'll post one if that's okay.

QOTD - What was your favorite board game as a child? Do you have a favorite game now as an adult?
I really like to play Parcheesi and Sorry. I enjoy playing cards games like Hand and Foot as an adult.

Dinner tonight was spaghetti and a salad. I had planned for that last night but we felt more like ordering out and got Wendys. Haven't had their food in a while. I had a chicken sandwich and it was pretty good.

I am so glad to hear you are feeling better, Kirby! :)

Thank you for asking the QOTD! All are most welcome to jump in each day with one!

QOTD - What was your favorite board game as a child? Do you have a favorite game now as an adult?

As a child I was more game patient perhaps than I am now because I enjoyed Monopoly (but not for hours at a time)! My favorite board game now is Sorry.

Saturday Gratitude:

Dad rested this afternoon. He did way too much yesterday morning,
Extra needed photos for a photo album birthday gift.
Chain Reaction on GSN. (This is a weekend only Game Show my Dad and I enjoy).

Thank you for all the good wishes! My BP has been better today and I have felt better for the most part.

I haven't seen a QOTD so I'll post one if that's okay.

I really like to play Parcheesi and Sorry. I enjoy playing cards games like Hand and Foot as an adult.

Dinner tonight was spaghetti and a salad. I had planned for that last night but we felt more like ordering out and got Wendys. Haven't had their food in a while. I had a chicken sandwich and it was pretty good.

Glad you are feeling better.

As a kid.....Monopoly. Ever Saturday with my father while my mother was at work.
Now Ticket to Ride......hard to find any time to play now. I do play all the time on my Kindle though

I remember enjoying Monopoly and Parcheesi. As an adult I really enjoy
Classic Word Plus on my phone. Hubs does crosswords on his phone.

We continue to enjoy rewatching the Great British Baking Show. Some of the contestants are on Twitter or Instagram. It's fun to see what they are doing now.🍰
Hope everyone had a nice Sat. 🌺

My favorite when I was young was probably Clue, which my brother and used to play at my Grandma’s. When I was a teen, it was definitely Trivial Pursuit! On long car trips, we would bring the cards, and my Mom would read out questions while my Dad drove.

DS's favorite is Monopoly, and we have a couple different versions. (I already have a Christmas one stashed away to give him this year, too!)

If anyone wants to answer I’d be interested in knowing what card games you all play, too.

Nothing lately, but I’ve definitely gone through card phases over the years.

We played a lot in college, and my group’s favorites were Pitch (which was similar to the older game Whist) and a drinking version of President (with a slightly less DIS-friendly name).

When DS was young, I was into Cribbage for a while. The moms on the street would set up a table in someone's yard while the kids played.

And I remember my own parents playing Pinochle and Euchre at card parties.

I Google-d Parchesi earlier. It look similar to Sorry?

Yes, it is.

As a kid, it was Parcheesi and Sorry
As an adult, Scrabble, Monopoly, and Backgammon
If anyone wants to answer I’d be interested in knowing what card games you all play, too
Uesd to play cribbage all the time, haven't played in years.
Solitaire most of the time

If anyone wants to answer I’d be interested in knowing what card games you all play, too
Uesd to play cribbage all the time, haven't played in years.
Solitaire most of the time

I used to play cribbage and Canasta all the time with my parents when I was young. It has been years.
Uno and kids cards with my kids when they were younger.....like Old Maid, Crazy Eights and War

I haven't played with real cards in years. I play Solitaire every day, but on my tablet

My favorite card game is Uno! As a kid I had cute big fish-shaped Go Fish cards that were fun and cute. Lol, too bad I don't have those now. They looked similar to these: Clue I did enjoy as well except as I got older it bothered me (was wrong for me) that it was about a murder. I know there are a few Jr. versions of this game but from what I've read about them they don't sound quite the same as the original.

I do remember the names crazy Eights and Hearts but lol not how to play them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter