• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

QSDP - Mug Question

Skip to my Lou

Welcomed Home annually since 2005
Didn't see this anywhere so posting a question for all the veterans here....

We are doing the QSDP this trip and after checking in we will be going right to a park, and more than likely using one of our CS there. My question is, when do we get our mugs?? In years past, I never remember a mug being sold at a park.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

You get your mug at your resort and it can only be used at your resort unless your filling it with water elsewhere.

the PP is correct - you would get it and use it at your resort.

So if you wanted to check in, walk over to the food court and get your mug then fill it up before you went to the parks you could. Or you can pick it up later on - whatever works for you.

There's a couple things about the refillable mugs that bug me. You fill them up at your resort, and you may choose to take them to the parks and drink from them until empty. However, after that, they are useless extra baggage that you have to carry around all day at the parks. (And worry about someone filching if you're not paying attention to them.) Or, you and the family fill them up at the food court, drink from them, then your family wants to get on the bus. However, someone has to walk back to your room to drop off the mugs before boarding the bus. This is wasted time. I don't know what the answer is, but sometimes the mugs are a pain.

Can they really be used only at your resort? We always take ours over to Pop or Port Orleans for dinner. I didn't realize we were breaking the rules. They have never said anything, we always get a bottled water and then use our mugs with our meal.

Can they really be used only at your resort? We always take ours over to Pop or Port Orleans for dinner. I didn't realize we were breaking the rules. They have never said anything, we always get a bottled water and then use our mugs with our meal.

They are only "supposed" to be used at your resort. Though I'm sure many fill up at other resorts, which I don't think is that big of a deal.....all the soda machines are own by Disney so why does it matter which resort you fill up at.

Not sure how they are going to say anything, as the mugs are identical at all the resorts, and no one will ask you where you bought your mug. But Disney does indicate that you are to use them at your own resort.

Not sure how they are going to say anything, as the mugs are identical at all the resorts, and no one will ask you where you bought your mug. But Disney does indicate that you are to use them at your own resort.

I just don't get why they feel the need to specify that. Oh well, we only used them at our resort, but we didn't eat at any CS places in the other resorts either....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter