PVB Tower Charts, Sales Date and more!!!

Just to confirm are the Poly IT room tours available at Disney Springs or the SSR preview center?
Yes. If you go mid day (I forget the exact timeframe, but 1pm was definite part of it), you can just walk through as you like. If you go at other times, you need to sit through a presentation, where someone will tell you, at the front of the room, what you like about DVC. "Here's another thing you love about the DVC villas." This wording drives me nuts. I do like DVC. But I absolutely hate some stranger trying to tell me what I do and don't like as part of a sales pitch. Sorry to rant--what I mean is: go at 1pm.

I'd say that there's a big difference between the "one-and-done...I-Bought-150-Points-while-on-vacation" crowd and those who add-on. The add-on folks--which is whom DVC is trying to sell to right now--overall are a little more informed (IMO) on how this all works than the earlier crowd. But yes, those hot tub talks (full disclosure: my wife will tell you that I pick resorts by how much I like the hot tubs--first place going to CCV) can be either fabulous are very painful.

Poly banner art was updated!

Old:
Polynesian_Resort_Vignette_rd.png

New:
15_Polynesian_Resort_Vignette-update2-2152x224.png

Note: it doesn't seem to be updated everywhere...just on my account, but not on the availability checker. I have not bought Island Tower points, this is showing up for OG Poly contracts.

Poly banner art was updated!

Old:
View attachment 901125

New:
View attachment 901127

Note: it doesn't seem to be updated everywhere...just on my account, but not on the availability checker. I have not bought Island Tower points, this is showing up for OG Poly contracts.
Awesome. So glad they got this sorted before fixing the glitch with availability for 30th of every month.
#priorities

I saw the rooms today, and did the paperwork for my points. My guide mentioned that the Tower will have the same elevator system that Pixar Place has in California. No buttons on the inside 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ve never seen an elevator with no buttons on the inside.

I saw the rooms today, and did the paperwork for my points. My guide mentioned that the Tower will have the same elevator system that Pixar Place has in California. No buttons on the inside 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ve never seen an elevator with no buttons on the inside.
My office building has these type of elevators and some of the newer Royal Caribbean ships do, too. I really like them! You press the floor you need on a screen by the elevator bank and it tells you which elevator to get into. The elevators still have the typical emergency alarm buttons, etc. They definitely feel more efficient to me.

I'd say that there's a big difference between the "one-and-done...I-Bought-150-Points-while-on-vacation" crowd and those who add-on. The add-on folks--which is whom DVC is trying to sell to right now--overall are a little more informed (IMO) on how this all works than the earlier crowd. But yes, those hot tub talks (full disclosure: my wife will tell you that I pick resorts by how much I like the hot tubs--first place going to CCV) can be either fabulous are very painful.
I am thankful for my first hot-tub talk, during our first DVC stay at SSR.
After "splurging" on our Direct SSR points, I learned a lot about the deeper inner-workings of DVC,
and I was introduced to these DISboards! It was a great learning opportunity.
Now my DW tells me not to talk so much at the Hot-Tub, but I explain to her that I could be saving folks a lot of time and money. :)

My office building has these type of elevators and some of the newer Royal Caribbean ships do, too. I really like them! You press the floor you need on a screen by the elevator bank and it tells you which elevator to get into. The elevators still have the typical emergency alarm buttons, etc. They definitely feel more efficient to me.
The tower at Coronado has these.

What kind of elevator is that? Is it where you use a touchpad before getting in to designate the floor and it takes everyone waiting into consideration, then tells you which bay to enter? I’ve seen those. I like them.

Yes; these are what we have too. They are SO much faster than the old elevators due to increased efficiency.

Got this in the mail. My husband opened it and was very interested and made me happy since sometimes he acts as if he doesn’t love DVC as much as me. He hands it me and says “they caught us looking”

IMG_9326.jpeg

I just toured a resort like that in Orlando and it was pretty cool!

Got this in the mail. My husband opened it and was very interested and made me happy since sometimes he acts as if he doesn’t love DVC as much as me. He hands it me and says “they caught us looking”

View attachment 901170
I love that I am primary on our contract, but only my spouse got this in the mail. The one person in the house who is basically indifferent to DVC.🤣

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest