PVB Tower Charts, Sales Date and more!!!

Isn't that the argument for Island Tower though? Could have forced those that want to stay there to buy there but didn't. Renewing or even just reselling BCV, BWV, etc. will be a lot cheaper then building a brand new resort like Island Tower... I would think at least.
By keeping it part of the same association they sell it for normal price for only 41 years instead of 50. I feel like that is the appeal on Disney’s end. It also makes the shared amenities easier. I don’t think the decision was around pros and cons of restrictions at all for them

Isn't that the argument for Island Tower though? Could have forced those that want to stay there to buy there but didn't. Renewing or even just reselling BCV, BWV, etc. will be a lot cheaper then building a brand new resort like Island Tower... I would think at least.
No, BCV and BWV rebuilds will be very different than the Island tower. Polynesian is still a fairly "young" DVC association with a long expiration (2066? I think offhand). They have a bunch of Polynesian owners already, whose contracts did not expire, and will not expire for a long time. In order to entice those buyers they probably felt they should include it in the same association so they can add on a few points and use all of their points between the longhouses and the tower. They probably thought that Poly owners wouldn't like buying direct points in a building next door that is part of the same resort if it was not the same association. And the biggest fans of the Polynesian would be their biggest target market, and many of them already own or were looking into owning at the Poly.

If the Polynesian contracts had expired in 2023 and they were opening the tower and reopening the original Poly DVC in 2024 they would likely have made all of it a new association together, likely with resale restrictions. This would be the situation that is similar to BCV or BWV

Last edited:
There are exceptions to this: ski weeks at ski-in/ski-out resorts, ocean-front resorts during peak seasons in prime beach vacation destinations, etc. In other words: places where the resort enjoys an unusual and hard-to-replicate location advantage.

WDW is the heart of DVC and that part is akin to hard-to-replicate location advantage. No matter what alternatives are compared, there are advantages with DVC.

Whether comparing offsite economical acceptable hotels, All Stars, moderates, airbnb… there are ways DVC commonly beats them in head to head comparisons and that’s usually due to ease, parking, transportation, etc. After taking added time and expenses into consideration the alternatives start looking less attractive.

I think this is the secret sauce to DVC - what drives loyalty and demand and why salvage value remains. Walt was smart creating the bubble and DVD reaps the rewards.

WDW is the heart of DVC and that part is akin to hard-to-replicate location advantage. No matter what alternatives are compared, there are advantages with DVC.

Whether comparing offsite economical acceptable hotels, All Stars, moderates, airbnb… there are ways DVC commonly beats them in head to head comparisons and that’s usually due to ease, parking, transportation, etc. After taking added time and expenses into consideration the alternatives start looking less attractive.

I think this is the secret sauce to DVC - what drives loyalty and demand and why salvage value remains. Walt was smart creating the bubble and DVD reaps the rewards.
Don’t forget nostalgia

I am excited to watch the launch of this Tower. This will be our greatest insight as to how restrictions impact demand.
I agree, but also think the location is superior to the previously sold restricted resorts, so it will be hard to make an exact comparison.

Don’t forget nostalgia
There are so many visitors who are new to WDW still though. My first visit was this year! I had previously been to Disneyland x 2 (decades ago both times) and Tokyo Disneyland x 2 (same story). I am always surprised by the nostalgia factor people mention as the entire place is still new to me. Disneyland is nostalgia to me.

I agree, but also think the location is superior to the previously sold restricted resorts, so it will be hard to make an exact comparison.

That's a good point. They haven't really sold a restricted resort with an amazing location yet. Riviera is close, maybe if they had a walking path to crescent lake. If they ever sold a resort with a setup like VGC with dedicated access to one of the WDW parks, I don't think they would have any trouble selling points there, even with restrictions.

There are so many visitors who are new to WDW still though. My first visit was this year! I had previously been to Disneyland x 2 (decades ago both times) and Tokyo Disneyland x 2 (same story). I am always surprised by the nostalgia factor people mention as the entire place is still new to me. Disneyland is nostalgia to me.
Nostalgia can of course be anything and even in the most simplest of forms such as a smell, some may not even be completely around anymore but the memories can still be envisioned when triggered. It’s insanely powerful.

That's a good point. They haven't really sold a restricted resort with an amazing location yet. Riviera is close, maybe if they had a walking path to crescent lake. If they ever sold a resort with a setup like VGC with dedicated access to one of the WDW parks, I don't think they would have any trouble selling points there, even with restrictions.
Yeah, I keep trying to talk myself into liking riveria. But I hate the location. It feels like a DVC expansion to a main resort without the main resort. And it’s right next to the moderate and value resorts feeling out of place.

Most of the other DVC resorts are part of a full fledged deluxe resort with fantastic amenities and top notch location with walking or monorail
to MK. The ones that don’t like OKW are built as vacation homes with a different feel but it’s also why I don’t stay there.

I’m sure if they ever build a restricted resort attached or walkable to a park it will sell very well

My question is only this: resale Poly or direct Poly for 150 points.

150 will allow us a week in a standard view long house in our typical season without excessive bank and borrow scenarios.

I understand it is historically true that the initial members only offering will likely be the cheapest I can get 150 points direct for the life of the resort.

However, I will have to finance most of the purchase. I will satisfy the balance of the loan in Jan 2026.

Alternatively I could wait until after our next trip in Feb 2026 and purchase a cheaper resale contract for subsequent vacations in cash.

We will only travel once a year so APs don't make sense. We don't dine at more than two ts during a trip. I do tend to buy merch on every trip, but not excessively. MM will be difficult to plan for but possible. I would use the lounges if possible. A magnet or slider here and there.

The real upside to direct for us appears to be staying at restricted resorts now and restricted and trust in the future. It doesn't matter enough today, but Reflections? Epcot Entrance Tower? A villains sprawl!?!?!?!

Are initial offerings always the best? Wasn't the VGF BPK firesale the best price for that? And wasn't it at the end just before it sold out?

I really doubt they’d like to have an increase in cash room capacity of this magnitude on their hands. If demand is in any way similar to now in 2042, more deluxe rooms would be really difficult to fill. It certainly won’t jump sufficiently from 2041 to 2042.
They sell off Vero and Hilton Head, they try like heck to extend OKW again and rent out the rest, and then they rent and flip/demo BRV, BCV, and BWV.

I really don’t think they’ll have a hard time filling up BC and BW with cash guests.

Probably much more likely to flip BCV and down to the studs gut job of Boardwalk.

Are initial offerings always the best? Wasn't the VGF BPK firesale the best price for that? And wasn't it at the end just before it sold out?
I think the initial Grand floridian was better without magical beginnings. It was 207 with 22 off a point at 250 points. So 185. Price increased and with the free point incentive 250 points was 190 with the free point incentive during last summer's sale. During last summer magical beginnings was around though which wasn't during the initial offering. So they could get a rebate of $22 a point making it better if you sold back the first year of points.

I think the initial Grand floridian was better without magical beginnings. It was 207 with 22 off a point at 250 points. So 185. Price increased and with the free point incentive 250 points was 190 with the free point incentive during last summer's sale. During last summer magical beginnings was around though which wasn't during the initial offering. So they could get a rebate of $22 a point making it better if you sold back the first year of points.
Did initial buyers get previous years points (like giving 2024 points with the PIT) when the VGF expansion first opened? And just not get offered magical beginnings? If so then that is slightly better. If not then getting double points with magical beginnings selling the previous years' points back at the end of the firesale would work out to be the best deal.

Curious if it will be a similar situation to RIV where if you owned resale prior to xxxx date you can use points at that resort. Still have a long time to find out.

Here is why I would go into any resale purchase today assuming all future new resorts will be restricted.

Why? Because they put them on VDH and CFW. It’s been over 5 years since they came out with them and at least still have them.

Now, they did expand with BPK and PBV tower, but I still feel that future won’t be that. It will be new.

So, we don’t know for sure but one should always go in assuming worst case and go from there.

I got the emails from which I couldn’t last time so my guess is it’s all set. But have not talked to him directly because we are no longer buying.
I spoke to my guide and told her if incentives bring it to 200 or below to call me Oct 1 and do the contract. She said she would email me that day because she is working on the Wish but is looking forward to sending me a contract if that is the case. Although I did not ask directly about NY being allowed I'm sure she would have mentioned it if she couldn't sell me the points.

Those 2042 resorts were allowed when I bought my resale so won't then always be allowed then?
Just like resale prior to 2019 got all resorts so are allowed to use at RIV.

NOT BE ARGUMENTATIVE! Just trying to understand lol

Use at other resorts is a function of the DVC resort agreement for that resort and how it enters BVtC.

When RIV, VDH, and CFW entered that exchange system, they entered with the language that points bought from resale would not be accepted for trades unless they were purchased prior to 2019.

In exchange for that, their resale points would be restricted from the other resorts.

Any future resort that DVD decides to build and connect to BVTC will enter with its own rules. So, is it 100% guaranteed that all future DVC built will become part of BVTC? No.

But, they never were. Would DVD ever create a DVC resort that doesn’t trade with other DVc resorts? Highly doubtful because the entire reason resale restrictions are in play IS to have points bought direct eligible for use places resale can not.

Now, the language of RIV and the others do have language that DVDcan change those rules at any time and remove restrictions, add fees, etc.

Even pre 2019 owners are not guaranteed trading at any of the other resorts if those resorts were removed from BVTC…rules on how that happens and it would be difficult..but nonetheless, it’s there.

I believe DVD is going to move away from the leasehold model and into the trust model and that PVB tower will be the last project that when sold resale still has some trading.

Though, there was a DVC kiosk person who tried to tell me differently this week and that the new contracts will be…wasn’t worth continuing when I began with the POS questions and he clearly didn’t know! Lol

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest