PVB Tower Charts, Sales Date and more!!!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but has anyone noticed how the Island Tower (Standard View in September) Deluxe Studio + 1-Bed Villa is cheaper than the 2-Bed Villa?

I'm pretty sure (but not certain) that this is the only instance of a Studio + 1-Bed being fewer points than a 2-Bed Villa in the same view category. There's essentially a 14-point surcharge to connect the two rooms (just in September).

I might eventually add on those 50 VDH points but I still worry about availability at 11 months if we want 1 bedrooms. Especially the fact that it is a restricted resort makes me hesitant as the availability could worsen over time.
And that’s the rub with DVC at Disneyland. Availability will likely worsen at VGC and VDH over time. Owning direct at least gets you a 11 month option for booking.

But your comment got me to thinking in another direction. Thinking of Disneyland being mostly a “locals” park, I think Disney’s forward plan will bring a 3rd DVC resort. If Disneyland could have more out of state / international travelers it would likely bump the overall revenue. Expanding the park won’t make it the same as Florida but it will inch it closer to that type of tourist destination.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but has anyone noticed how the Island Tower (Standard View in September) Deluxe Studio + 1-Bed Villa is cheaper than the 2-Bed Villa?

I'm pretty sure (but not certain) that this is the only instance of a Studio + 1-Bed being fewer points than a 2-Bed Villa in the same view category. There's essentially a 14-point surcharge to connect the two rooms (just in September).
Future WDWNT headline: “DVC member banned from WDW after adjoining room request to save 14 points was NOT honored, leading to altercation with PIT Cast Members.”

Hey there! Has anyone from NY state spoken to a guide yet? Just wondering if the tower was a go for sales for the 10/1 opening date; I think it was one of the problematic states last time for the original PVB sales.

Hey there! Has anyone from NY state spoken to a guide yet? Just wondering if the tower was a go for sales yet; I think it was one of the problematic states last time for the original PVB sales.
I emailed my guide about UY questions. In the responses, she didn’t mention any issues for NY residents to purchase. I had asked her back in June if she thought there would be issues and at the time she said no issue.

Same here! Sounds great as a novelty but.. yeah that's why I always go for the lowest point rooms.
We had lake view at the longhouse on our first trip. We were back by fireworks about half the time mainly due to run Disney and the kids being younger. It was worth the small premium. The theme park view at the tower is a lot more though. We still might do it just because we have the extra points for our next trip

Madness! I’m not sure anyone has actually checked these point charts before publishing them 😂

Hey there! Has anyone from NY state spoken to a guide yet? Just wondering if the tower was a go for sales for the 10/1 opening date; I think it was one of the problematic states last time for the original PVB sales.

I got the emails from which I couldn’t last time so my guess is it’s all set. But have not talked to him directly because we are no longer buying.

I’m a current resale owner with a longing to own Direct. Removing all of the noise about the Island Tower and looking purely through the lens of best entry point for a 150 point Direct contract, is the current Poly offering the best we’ll see for awhile?

Among other things I’m factoring in cost per point, no resale restrictions, and a resort that will hold its value over time.

The best direct deal right now is Riviera - considering the value it will carry long term post 2042.

Poly resale value will be higher - so if the goal is to sell it off in 10/20 years maybe that’s the move.

If you are buying to hold I would go with Riv.

I’m a Poly and BW resale owner - just made the 150 direct plunge w Riv last spring so I’ve been there w the dilemma.

Info I’ve gathered from my guide:

—Feb UY will get 2024 points and they will let you bank (banking deadline is Sept 30th)

—she will reach out the morning of Oct 1st with pricing and incentives (if any). So, no issue for NY residents to buy but oof on the comment about incentives.

There seems to be a good amount of interest in Poly direct. Setting aside it seeming like a good deal because of the run up resale market, I’m a bit curious in why? VGF pricing seemed much closer at the time and Poly more faked (successfully) by Disney.

I see some logic in very small points stakes for current owners to upgrade their rooms and “Disney” logic in direct ownership if you aren’t a blue card owner.

But on the other hand Poly resale is about to come crashing down with its 8-9 million points base. Unlike RIV resale, poly resale is still a pretty all encompassing product. I’d definitely go a direct RIV contract and a poly resale in a couple years, myself. If I simply needed a direct ownership.

The one good news is I think due to the horrible view points gouging, Poly points in the future should maintain relatively low maintenance fees. But that’s not really a reason to go direct.

There seems to be a good amount of interest in Poly direct. Setting aside it seeming like a good deal because of the run up resale market, I’m a bit curious in why? VGF pricing seemed much closer at the time and Poly more faked (successfully) by Disney.
I would think it is because this Poly Tower launch is the opposite of BPK. Existing converted hotel rooms DVC adding a new Tower versus existing DVC tower adding converted hotel rooms.

I see some logic in very small points stakes for current owners to upgrade their rooms and “Disney” logic in direct ownership if you aren’t a blue card owner.
We want 150 points at the Poly. Will sell our resale contract after purchase and this will be our only contract. So do we suck it up and buy direct now, believing this will end up being the lowest pp offering for the life of poly direct? Or do we hold and purchase a resale contract in the next few years when the prices come back down?

The benefits of direct, being what they are today, are not super useful to our current situation. But our situation will inevitably change. Also, our only child could potentially benefit from our direct purchase for her lifetime. Also, I believe this will be the last Direct point launch with DVC structured the way it is today.

It's coming down to resale for us. I just can't get the value of the extra cost of direct to work. But I want it!

We don't like Riviera. It is not an option for our family.

We want 150 points at the Poly. Will sell our resale contract after purchase and this will be our only contract. So do we suck it up and buy direct now, believing this will end up being the lowest pp offering for the life of poly direct? Or do we hold and purchase a resale contract in the next few years when the prices come back down?

The benefits of direct, being what they are today, are not super useful to our current situation. But our situation will inevitably change. Also, our only child could potentially benefit from our direct purchase for her lifetime. Also, I believe this will be the last Direct point launch with DVC structured the way it is today.

It's coming down to resale for us. I just can't get the value of the extra cost of direct to work. But I want it!

We don't like Riviera. It is not an option for our family.
Usually for 150 points the pre sale is the best price that will ever be offered. In a couple years they may try to clear out inventory with substantial discounts but in the past it was for 250 points or more. Kind of the like the riviera currently.

when we bought resale we saved almost $100 a point. It looks like without incentives poly direct is about $50 a point more than resale average currently. Depending on the incentives it may be even better. Poly resales will likely drop back down to the $140-$150 range though within 6 months.

We bought BLT resale 4 years ago really deciding we’d only ever buy direct if it was a Polynesian expansion with 1 bedrooms. So we are heavily considering it. But if the price isn’t right we may back into 250 points at the riviera. Or may just do 150 at the poly.

For us the sorcerer pass may or may not be of value. We would have the 400 points needed to make it cheaper than tickets. But our travel plans may shift to blackout dates negating getting it. The other thing I think about is long term when boardwalk and beachdlub end. The new villas to take their place will surely require direct points and likely more than they do now. Which is why a larger riviera contract may be better than a smaller Polynesian long term. Tough decisions over the next 2 weeks

Total opposite opinion here and i own at ssr! Again just demonstrates the flexibility of dvc and all our different priorities but with two young kids (and even without) I’d much rather have easy access to the parks, theme park view or not. We’re normally out the parks by about 11am as well after rope dropping (jet lag flying across the pond works in our favour!) as they’ve had enough by then and may pop back in later but if not we enjoy the resorts that we’ve paid a lot of money for.
I get that with small kids and that you have to travel quite a bit to get to WDW. You are 100% correct that we all do it differently, and yes, that is one of the beauties of the system. We've owned DVC since 2007 and gone over 50 times and out of those trips, we've made rope drop exactly once. This past time, our group was 2 adults and 8 college-aged kids (for DD's 21st Birthday), so the GV was amazing, especially since the GV upper floor has it's own entrance.

The other thing for us is, because we are only 8 1/2 hours away, we always drive, so that can make SSR extremely convenient (actually, the Cabins at CFW are the ultimate in driving convenience, but I digress)... I don't think it took us 5 minutes to get to Epcot and not much longer to HS. We also enjoy being able to walk to Gideon's.

But on the other hand Poly resale is about to come crashing down with its 8-9 million points base. Unlike RIV resale, poly resale is still a pretty all encompassing product. I’d definitely go a direct RIV contract and a poly resale in a couple years, myself. If I simply needed a direct ownership.

The one good news is I think due to the horrible view points gouging, Poly points in the future should maintain relatively low maintenance fees. But that’s not really a reason to go direct.
On the one hand there’s minimal benefit to going direct beyond the first 150, assuming you’re buying/adding at Poly for the purpose of staying at Poly in the new points-heavy rooms. So finding a resale UY you like for 150-200 and adding 150 direct could be the theoretical play for people in that boat.

On the other, there’s only ever so much resale churn, and it’s going to be a lot easier to buy direct than locate and win the perfect resale contract. Whether it’s worth the hunt / wait or not’s going to depend on where incentives and resale actually shake out.

@MonkeyKnifeFight

Given the high point count and home resort advantage required for members wanting a one or two bedroom in the tower, I am not sure that Poly resale will hit the 140-150 range in the next 6 months.

If resale remains above 175 for 150 for the long term I will kick myself for not buying a direct contract. Especially if there are any incentives and MB which brings the cost to 200 or less for 150 points.

I thought I had convinced myself it was out of the question but I am back to the fence.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest