PTR: Dreaming a Suite Life to the Dark Side

TheHippie524

Dreaming a Fantasy of Magic and Wonder.<3
HELLO!!!!!
I am so thrilled. This is my 6th DCL cruise, and my 4th on the Dream. I have never done a PTR let alone an ACTUAL trip report so please bear with me. I absolutely LOVE reading them though, so I figure I should put my Creative Writing degree to some decent use, right? LOL.

Alright, so here goes nothing...

The Cast includes the Following: I am Samantha, 24 yr old Disney fanatic and the host of this lovely trip.
My Boyfriend Drew, 25 yr old lover of said Disney fanatic. Poor thing, loves me so much he saves Disney movies/documentaries on Netflix. I sit and watch pool (billiards pool not swimming lol) videos, and sit and watch him play all the time. True nerdy love. <3
Dis Mom, Ann who would probably smother me with a Disney pillow if I divulged her age lol. She also loves Disney, and is my counterpart in the planning of this trip!
Dis Dad Rick, who secretly loves Disney, but won't really admit it. :goodvibes

The Plans:
Sept 6th: Flying in ULTRA early (7am flight WHAT?!) to MCO from Milwaukee, and staying at the Hyatt in the airport. Have reservations at O'Hana's this night since we got a super good deal on a one day car rental, which saves some money in the long run on beer since we can make a stop this night, versus spending an arm and leg on the ship for a 6 pack. Lol.

Sept 7th: EMBARKATION DAY! For the 4 of us, we purchased the DCL transfers, since it would be easier, and our two rooms are both one-bedroom suites, so knowing how early the bus gets us to the port (My third time taking it and I LOVEEE ITTT) I thought it would be best, even if that means another early morning for Sam. (Morning person I am not... :scared: ) Thankfully there is a starbucks right outside of the hyatt. So much merriment and drinking and eating (lots and LOTS of eating) will go on. Oh. And tons of picture taking. :beach:

Sept. 11: Debarkation day! :crazy2: BUTTTTT. Good thing about this? Taking a limo from the port to THE HARD ROCK!!! Well, Drew and I are going to the Hard Rock, my fancy schmancy parents are staying at the Portifino. Lol.

Sept 15th: Heading back home. BOOOOOO. Worst day ever. Not looking forward to it. Lol.

SO! That's the little rundown of the upcoming trip. I am extremely excited (and YES re-excited for people who read my meltdown thread.) My boyfriend is getting SO thrilled, if I stop talking about it. But.. But... I NEED TO TALK ABOUT ITTT!!! He said no though. He likes to slightly forget about it, and then the night before we fly out, he said he'll keep me up all night because he will be so excited. I told him he better be buying lots of coffee for me then. And maybe a cocktail or 2 at the airport. =P Mornings and flying are seriously not my friend. At. All. My anxiety goes through the roof when I fly. It's awful. He's thankfully helped me through quite a few of my anxiety attacks, but never one triggered by turbulence. Which ALWAYS seems to happen to me right when I get into that stupid little deathtrap closet they call a restroom. :(

My sincere apologies that I tend to ramble... a LOT.

I have 75 days until we're leavinnnn on a jet planeeeee. :hourglass

So yeah... More updates on my excitement to comeee. And once I figure out how to post pictures... I will post a truckload on the trip report in which I will TOTALLY start the weekend after I come back. like 85 days from now. Ha.

Hello, my name is Samantha and I haven't talked about the upcoming trip to my boyfriend in 4 days. GOO MEEE!!!!

The only person (besides my mother of course) that I have spoken to about my trip is my girlie Heili, and that is because she is almost more excited than me. Lol. She so stoked about all of the awesome-sauce pictures I will be taking, and will deff be living vicariously through me.

HOW MANY MORE DAYS?! 58 freakin days until we leave! holy cow!!!!!

But who's counting? :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

That means only 57 more days left of summer dress shopping!

Heads up, I'm totally one of "those people" who have a 7am flight, and is still packing at 330am. Again.... Poor Drew, bless is silly little heart for loving crazy little me. :love:

SECRETTTTTT:::
I kind of wish he would propose on this trip. Whether it be on the ship, castaway cay, or at the Hard Rock. I think it would be grand. :blush:
He could propose while we're chillin watching movies in bed for all I care, as long as it (clearly) was sincere.

Reason I say this is because we were texting at work, and he was all cute. I texted him "I love you Andrew G***" and he texted back. "I love you Samantha G***" even though my last name is NOWHERE NEAER that letter in the alphabet. He is truly a sweetheart. I can't wait to post pictures and more background. IT WILL BE SO MUCH FUN!

He's like on a mission to play on the pool table at CC. I TRIEEDDD to tell him that it plays really slow because of the humidity and sun damage to the cloth and whatnot, but he doesn't listen. (look at me, throwing out pool knowledge. It's awful. This is what dating a man who's obsessed with pool for almost 3 years does to you! :rotfl2:)

There I go again, ramblin on. Back to the PTR at hand.

So, because of the room I have, I booked all that I needed to (which was only palo dinner and brunch).
But things I'm most excited for? The wine tasting on the Sea day, and match your mate the first night! I LOVEEEE watching it. I haven't missed a session since my first dream cruise. I find them to be HILARIOUS. My mom said her and my dad are going to try to get on since they've been married forever and a day, and I'm like eww..... I know some of the questions they ask.... THINGS I DON'T WANNA KNOWWWW!!!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1: HAHA.

I think if Drew and I were ever to make it up on stage, we would do fairly well. We're quirky like that.

Another thing I'm excited for, besides relaxation... Is my delicious cheese soufflé for royal palace. or pretty much any food. Im not all that picky anymore.

I really want to try the tuna avocado tower? thing. I've recently (thanks to drew) started eating sushi, and my one of my favorite rolls is the tuna avocado roll, so I'm hoping it will taste similar.

I really hope everyone is enjoying reading my randomness thus far. I PROMISEE it will get better, and be more organized come real trip report time.

Also, when I'm completely done, I will in fact post both links, from my DCL trip report, and my trip to the dark side part of the report. Please, any feedback, tips, suggestions in general would be greatly appreciated. Or even if you want a specific picture taken that perhaps you didn't get on your trip, I will gladly attempt to capture it! I LOVEEE taking pictures, and I'm pretty decent at, using just a simple point and shoot.
I'll be using my go-pro, but I'm still in the works of utilizing all of it's amazing gloryful features. (I know that word is spelled wrong/isn't really a word, but because of my degree, and what my fave professor once told me, I have creative license, so it's ok. LOL.)

ANYWHO, this has already gotten awfully long, so I will bid thee ado. Goodnight everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter