Proof of Age - Tall 2 year old

sarahelizabeth323

Earning My Ears
We have a trip planned next week and our son's 3rd birthday is in February. He's tall for his age (40 inches), should I worry/bother about showing proof of his age at the gate or for rides that we may use genie+ with? If so, would a copy of his birth certificate only on my phone suffice?

Thank you!

We have a trip planned next week and our son's 3rd birthday is in February. He's tall for his age (40 inches), should I worry/bother about showing proof of his age at the gate or for rides that we may use genie+ with? If so, would a copy of his birth certificate only on my phone suffice?

Thank you!
We’re locals. My son turned 3 a few weeks ago and had already hit 40 inches. Up until then, we were usually asked his age at the tapstiles and just replied “he’s still two.” That always sufficed. Haven’t gone since he turned 3 but will be buying his annual pass soon. :)

We went the week before my son turned 3. He was past 38 inches (he rode SDD and 7DMT on that trip). No one asked about his age.

He’s 7 now and the 2nd shortest boy in his class!!

Just to add on -- I took my twins and they turned 3 while on the trip. They still said that they were 2 the whole time (Disney policy) and we were only asked once. I simply said "still 2" and that was it. The waitress at garden grill even told us "oh good because I hate charging for 3 year olds! They are always too into the characters to eat anything anyway."

My son was super tall (still is!) and sometimes people would ask his age and we'd just answer honestly! No proof required.

I have pretty much the same question- travelling with a soon-ish to be 3-year-old - anyone know if this is still the policy? Don't want to carry around her birth certificate or passport if we don't have to.

Thanks!!

I have pretty much the same question- travelling with a soon-ish to be 3-year-old - anyone know if this is still the policy? Don't want to carry around her birth certificate or passport if we don't have to.

Thanks!!
should be

Thanks!!
We went in September, she's tall and well spoken so people usually ask. Just said she's still two and that was that.

My ODD was super tall for her age and was also speaking in full sentences by 2. I was worried also.
I was never even asked her age.

In June, we went 1 week before my son turned 3 and overall it went well. We were asked a couple of times about his age and got some not pleasant looks when we informed them he was still two. I hope you dont experience that and are able to brush it off and go about your day! He was 41 inches when we went in June

My youngest has always been a 99% percentile kinda kid, and we were never challenged or asked even when he was the height of my daughter (3 years older). They aren't strict about it!

We went the week before my son turned 3. He was past 38 inches (he rode SDD and 7DMT on that trip). No one asked about his age.

He’s 7 now and the 2nd shortest boy in his class!!
Funny, as our third daughter was a very tall 2 year old and she's now the shorter than most her age!!

As a former park greeter at Epcot we were trained to ask the parent how old their child was if we had doubts and take the parents answer as the truth. Even if the child had facial hair!

Just to add on -- I took my twins and they turned 3 while on the trip. They still said that they were 2 the whole time (Disney policy) and we were only asked once. I simply said "still 2" and that was it. The waitress at garden grill even told us "oh good because I hate charging for 3 year olds! They are always too into the characters to eat anything anyway."
In case you eat at any TS, double check the bill. We've had a time or two with grandkids under 3 being charged.

When it comes to children under 3 at Disney Parks infants and children under 3 have always had free admission to the parks according to my copy of Walt Disney World With Kids by Kim Wright Wiley and I believe Disney Parks will not ask for ages of children under 3 unless noted

As a former park greeter at Epcot we were trained to ask the parent how old their child was if we had doubts and take the parents answer as the truth. Even if the child had facial hair!
I wonder if that may have changed. I was recently talking with a few people who work at the turnstiles at MK and they were telling me some crazy stories about people attempting to not pay for kids who were definitely older than 2 and they were allowed to and do refuse entry sometimes.

We got a asked a couple of times with my son and once got an eye roll and a huff from a entrance attendant but no one required the actual birth certificate and my son was very tall for his age… like ride tower of terror tall. Now he’s average height at 13.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter