Printing boarding passes and time to get to MCO

kniquy

DIS Veteran
We are very used to utilizing Disney's magical express and receiving our boarding passes at our door the morning when we leave. This trip we will be doing WDW first and then going to Royal Pacific. I am wondering is there a place at this resort where you can print boarding passes or will we have to handle this once we get to the airport.

My second question is that we are using MEARS to get from RPR to the airport. Our flight is at 2:30pm so I put in a pick up time for 11:30am -- This gives us 3 hours. I am guessing that this is sufficient time, but would like to hear your input. Is it enough? should i schedule earlier? I believe that WDW magical express is now back to the 3 hour prior pick up so i feel safe with this unless universal is farther from the airport than WDW.

Our trip isn't until April but i like to have our details worked out early so that there are no surprises

concierge desk in the lobby will print off boarding passes for anyone that is staying there

Give them your flight #, airline, etc

They will do the boarding passes for all in your family

I’ve used SW for past stay and concierge did my 24 hour prior check in also
I filled out their form prior and they handled my check in

Al I had to do is pick up the envelope at the lobby desk that had my info

Concierge desk closes at a specific time
So all go to the check in lobby desk for those after hours

If my return home flight is anytime from noon to 6 pm, I head to the airport 3 hours prior
MCO has crowds certain times of the day

Early morning or late evening flights I leave the hotel 2 hours out

Does Mears shuttle have many stops for other hotels ?
Or will your Mears be direct from your hotel to mco?

I do boarding passes on my phone and if I feel the need for a printout I do it at the airport. Fwiw.

Does Mears shuttle have many stops for other hotels ?
Or will your Mears be direct from your hotel to mco?
I booked a van for my party of 7. I have heard about a shuttle from UO to MCO, but didn't hear great reviews on that service so i didn't want to even bother. Mears seems to be pretty reasonable ~$70 for our party of 7.

Yes the Super Shuttle is the one for hotels to the airport
It stops at a few hotels along the way

I used it a million years ago and once was enough.....

I use a ten passenger vehicle private company for my transportation to and from the airport
I pay $20 less than your number

I use a ten passenger vehicle private company for my transportation to and from the airport
I pay $20 less than your number
Could you share the company name with me? by PM if it is not allowed. I also am using Mears for transport from WDW to RPR so certainly would not mind saving a few bucks if this other company is good and reliable.

Tony Hinds transportation

There is a thread about him
Check the transportation sticky in our uo main forum

I can send your you the email and phone number once I return home
later

We used Tony for our transportation and he was really great! Early both times. He took us from Pop to Cabana Bay and then Cabana Bay to MCO.

Last time we stayed at Royal Pacific they had Ipads next to the concierge desk where you could log in and print boarding passes. They would not work for JetBlue because the Ipads did not have the required app or plug in. So we had to wait for the concierge desk to open to have them do it.

We had a little trouble getting my id to scan at MCO last time I tried to print boarding passes with Southwest there. Try to have the hotel do it if you can. Also, don't forget that you have to go through security and then ride the tram to the terminal for your flight. It took longer this past trip than I remember, but we had heavy crowds for security. Definitely give yourself 3 hours because, at your time of day, you might want to grab something to eat for lunch when you get to the terminal. Plus, there seems to be a lot of road construction in Orlando right now. Have fun!

Definitely give yourself 3 hours
We definitely plan to do so. The last time i was there in April i had a later Saturday evening flight, we waited FOREVER to just get to the security line ( right when they check your id and ticket). I don't know if it was some sort of security issue or what, but by the time we made it past the ID /Ticket check they just started moving us through quickly - no taking anything out of our bags, they just wanted us to move the line along. You never know what you will encounter.

Do online check in as soon as it opens
choose to receive BP on your phone

Be at the airport no less than 2 or even 2.5hrs before scheduled departure time

if you need to check luggage, you'll need to use the kiosks at the check in counter at the airport, and that kiosk will print the boarding passes in the process.
if you don't have luggage to check, ask concierge to print your BPs or just drop by a machine at the airport and do it there.

We were at RPR last year and there were self serve kiosks where we could print our boarding passes, otherwise the Concierge can do it as mentioned. If you happen to be flying Southwest, they also have self serve kiosks at the airport which are just as fast and easy, so its not much of a difference.

We usually leave 3 hours in advance as well and it's been plenty of time. We typically have time to grab something to eat after security as well. I can also recommend Tony Hinds. For trips when we haven't booked Tony, we just ask the bellman to call up one of the waiting cars for us when we're ready to leave, they wait on standby near the entrance of the resorts. I believe they are operated by Mears, but they are usually nicer sedans or SUVs and they charge a flat $55 to the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter