Princess dining as a solo adult male....creepy?

I'm sure there will be people that think it's creepy but that's more their own problems and not something you should base your decision on. Like a previous poster said if you enjoy the food you shouldn't let it being a princess meal stop you.

Ultimately I think it comes down to your personality type. If you will feel awkward/creepy doing a princess/character meal I would advise against doing them.

yo man, you do you. My Dad once booked a princess meal when It was just us, and I never understood why. Years later, he confided it was to see the "attractive" princesses. As he put it "I dont know where they find these girls". Now the traditions is stuck-every disney trip must include a princess meal.

Okay, I'm going to clarify my earlier position. I don't think it's inherently creepy for a grown man to go to a princess meal, whether or not he's by himself. If someone enjoys the characters and enjoys the interactions and/or enjoys the food, power to them. It is creepy to go to one for the purpose of ogling the young women working there.

Okay, I'm going to clarify my earlier position. I don't think it's inherently creepy for a grown man to go to a princess meal, whether or not he's by himself. If someone enjoys the characters and enjoys the interactions and/or enjoys the food, power to them. It is creepy to go to one for the purpose of ogling the young women working there.

Exactly. The key is to always be a gentleman.

Not creepy at all! I have a male friend who traveled solo to disney many times. He did pretty much all of the character meals and never felt awkward. He said it was fun. So go and have a great time, and be a gentleman. :)

I would just thank them for coming over and tell them to give my time to whichever kid needs it most. It's more about enjoying the atmosphere than needing their attention, right?

I would just thank them for coming over and tell them to give my time to whichever kid needs it most. It's more about enjoying the atmosphere than needing their attention, right?

They will offer to take a photo. The key is, after a short conversation, to take the photo and not monopolize their time. Interactions are usually 3-5 minutes max.

It's sad (but understandable) that this question even needs to be asked. I've talked to CM friends of the princesses, and am embarrassed as a guy that they all have stories of men behaving inappropriately. But I don't think most men fall into that category.

I think this is the core differentiation:
If you like the characters and want to enjoy some interaction in the context of their character, and perhaps take a photo, it's probably not creepy.
If you're going to these dinners to hit on the CMs themselves, or if the fantasy extends beyond their film's MPAA rating, it's probably creepy.

I personally would find it odd seeing a male alone at a princess meal. That being said, I would probably watch his interaction with the princesses. (I am flat out nosey like that sorry) And if I see them generally having a good time and interecting with the characters and enjoying himself, it would probably make me smile amd remember that Disney brings the magic out in all of us!

I remember traveling with a friend and her husband and their family. We had all taken a pictures with Pocohantas, when my friend's husband found us (we had all seperated at Rafiki's PLanet Watch), and he decided to he wanted a picture too, he went to put his hand at the small of her back (nothing inappropriate, just posing in the best manner), Pocohantas corrected him and told him he was not allowed to physically touch her in the photo. This was well over 10 years ago.

Some of my best character interactions have been as a solo diner at Princess meals. But I always keep things G-rated, and -- most importantly -- wait for the Princess to offer to take a picture before doing so (and they have a 100% track record of offering to be in a picture). My birthday selfies from Ariel's Grotto a couple years ago:

File May 15, 7 58 27 PM.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter