• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Price per points

vols001

Earning My Ears
We are joining soon and I'm trying to figure out how many points to buy. If I pay in cash are the points still 75.00 per point or do you get a discount since we are not financing? I have one more guestion. We just got back from WDW (Sept 01) and fell in love with the DVC. We have gone every year for the past 7 years. We looked at the WLV and they are nice, but I'm not a woods, pine type person. My guide told me about the BCV we went and looked at the buildings that are being built. We like the location of that vacation club better than that of WLV. If we wait for the presale of BCV (My guide said the presale could start as early as Jan. 2002 up to early spring ) when will we get the points? Do we get the points for 2002 even if the BCV is not open until Sept? We are going back to WDW at the end of Aug.-Sept 01,2002
Thanks in advance for your help !!!!:earsgirl:

I'm by far not an expert but can sure start you out with some basic answers and I'm sure many more will jump in with specifics. First of all the price is the same whether you pay cash or finance, through Disney that is $75/pt. It is rumored to go up at the start of BCV sales but that is nothing but pure speculation on these boards, there has been no announcment from Disney. There is a Magical Beginning program that Disney will buy back some of your first year points, I believe it is $5/pt at VWL. Most think this is not a good deal, especially when the going rate to rent points is $10/pt, better to keep the points and rent out if you can't use. If I'm not mistaken, when you buy you will get your first year points immediately, I know that if you buy VWL your points will actually be 3-5 months behind purchase date, ie if you buy now your use year might be May, so you immediately get this years points and another full allotment in May 2002. I'm not sure how BCV presales will work, someone else will have to jump in. Another option is the resale market, points usually sell for a little less, but you will have to pay closing and possibly some maintenance depending on how many points are available etc, this is negotiated between seller and buyer. This might be an option for you if you are a cash purchaser. If you study the resales careful you can save a little money and get into resorts that are sold out through Disney (OKW and BWV). I personally just purchase a BWV resale. Click on the sponsor at the top this page for available resales, there are also a couple other places to look, but the sponsor of this board and atimeshare.com are the two big ones. Good luck and don't be afraid to post any questions, the boards are a great resource.

BCV is projected to open Sep 2002. If there are presales, you will most likely not get points right away for use as you cannot get use of the resort or closing until final approval by state agencies for the resort which will not occur until it is finished. What will likely happen is that you will be issued your first allotment of points about the time BCV opens although your use year will likely start several months before that time.

Note, most advise to buy where you plan to stay most. At your home resort you can reserve 11 months out; at another only 7. That can be an important difference (for example, BWV has been difficult to get many times of year with the 7 month window). If you want an Epcot resort, your options are to wait for BCV or buy BWV resale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter