Presidents Day/Spring Break 2005

Mazzy

Planning for 2019
HI :wave:

We are hoping to visit WDW in February, and I've just been reading about the crowds around President's Day. :eek:

I'm just wondering if 2005 would be any less crowded, considering that Easter is in March next year? Do you think that some schools will include Spring Break in their Easter holidays?

We would be planning on going the week before Presidents Day for 3 weeks, which would make the last week of our trip the first week in March. President's Day is on Monday 21 February next year. Just wondering whether Spring Break would affect these dates?

Thanks for any input on this. :D

We go down for President's week each year because of the Daytona 500, and it will be crowed that week. The week prior is great and a lot less crowded, so you will be able to do lots during that week, but remember that the park hours will be shorter as well. As for getting into the month of March, I know that there are some schools, maybe more colleges, that do have spring break during the month of March, but I think that are after the first week, so it would be much less crowded then than at the end of March. As for spring break up here in the north, our Indy schools are out the week after Easter, but we are always out the first week of April whether it is Easter or not! I didn't realize that Easter was so early next year, so we will be headed down there next year when the parks are packed! Thanks for the warning!

Laura

I just got DD's schedule for next year. Most Alabama schools are out the last week of March for AEA week, which this year does coincide w/Easter. I would think that would make Easter a little extra crowded. I'm wondering if it might make April LESS crowded. I don't know about Pres. Week. We're not even out for Pres. Day next year, although that could be a misprint on the schedule.

Thanks both of you for your help. :D

Anyone else got any views on this?

We were there this past Presidents Day. I have read that because Valentine's Day, Daytona 500, and Presidents Day were all the same week(end), that the crowds were up.
We stayed offsite & were sure to go to the parks that did NOT have the Early Entry days ~ The crowds were not nearly as bad as I had expected after reading these boards.

Thanks for that Dwarfmaster. :D

So it may be that things will be a bit quieter next Feb, due to Easter being in March. Hope so! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter