Premium Annual Pass Discount?

BraveMom3

DIS Veteran
This may have been addressed before, but I'm going to be lazy and ask ---
Is there a DVC Member discount for the Premium Annual Pass? I've always done the Resort Magic Package before, but this year I tried the PH+/PH combo in an effort to decrease expense. I ended up buying an additional day, and I found myself being pressured to stay at the parks as much as possible on the days that we used a pass. In checking the prices, based on a 14 night stay, with 10 days allowed at the parks, it appears I would be better off with the Premium Annual Pass. This would allow us to hop over to a park for a couple of hours if we wanted, or just go for a show or something without the guilt of "wasting" a day of our passes. It also would include the water parks, and DQ (had to purchase separate DQ tickets this last trip, too).

Does anyone else run into this dilemma? Any experiences will be appreciated! Thanks!!:)

There is no DVC discount on any types of passes except the Unlimited Magic Pass (Length of Stay) and the DVC exclusive Magical Years Pass (4 of 5 year 5 day park hopper plus).

Sounds like the Premium Annual Pass is the way to go for you. There is a $21.20 discount per adult ticket with Disney Club, $18.02 for children. So if you do not have a Disney Club card, it may be worth it to join ($39.99, $29.99 if your company has a discount).

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tickets.htm
http://www.disneyclub.com

Thanks DebbieB--
Unless something changes between now and our June 2002 trip, I'll probably go with the PAP. The one thing I missed about the LOS passes was the ability to go and come for as short/long a time without thinking about "wasting" passes. I'm working on my "relaxing on vacation", and hoping joining DVC is going to help. It will be nice to laze around the resort a big part of the day, and then run over to one of the parks for a little while if we feel like it. More freedom, I guess!

Sounds like a plan!!

266 days 'til we go "home" for the first time!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Something to look at before getting the PAP is how much you use the water parks and/or PI. DVC does have a discount for individual uses of the water parks and PI. There is also an annual pass available for PI (no DVC discount). There is an annual pass for the water parks as well but I'm not sure whether you might have to be a Florida resident.

I'm not sure how all this prices out. I'm thinking of looking at these options myself before renewing a PAP. I'm thinking an AP and a PI annual pass might make more sense in my case.

I've been researching this same question for a trip in two years. I don't know if this will help, but here goes- I've just provided adult prices to save space. This was also a comparison done for people who do not particulary like water parks, but have kids who do, and who want to get two trips to Disney before pass expiration.

PAP = $497.14 with DC discount $422.94
This includes unlimited WP, PI, and DQ

AP= 369.94 with DC discount $314.82
No WP, PI, or DQ

Assuming you want to visit WPs for 2 days and DQ for 2 days there are a number of options:

1. 2 days at both the above, no discounts = 124.98
2. 2 days at DQ with AP discount + 2 at WP = 115.76
3. 2 days at both with DC discount = 112.58

So, if you get an AP and add that on to the options above you get-

1. AP + extras = 494.92 (this would be silly since you could use the AP discount for the DQ passes, but for the sake of completeness (sp?)).
2. AP + extras using AP discount = 485.70
3. AP + extras using DC discount = 427.40

The breakdown in short-

PAP with DC discount = 422.94
AP + extras with DC discount = 427.40

So if you chose to add in PI, add more days at a water park, etc. the PAP with DC discount is the best bet if I did my math right.

:rolleyes:

-Cheryl

Another thought if you don't do waterparks at all are regular AP with a Disney Quest Annual Pass (about $75 for DQ) Once you go into DQ 3 times the pass pays for itself. Anyway just another thought to factor in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter