Premier vs Preferred Early Entry Blockouts

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to decide which pass to get, but I'm a little unclear about the Early Entry for these two. When does Universal release their schedule for Early Entry? It looks like they only do it for the current month. I'd like to know if the dates I'm traveling (March 1-3) will be blacked out from Early Entry.

Other than that perk, I don't think there is any reason to go with Premier, other than maybe the Express after 4 pm. Is it even useful that late in the day most days?

I'm on the fence about the water park. I know with Disney you can upgrade and add the water parks at any time. Is the same true for Universal? I won't be doing Volcano Bay on this trip, so if I can add it later, that would be best.

Last question, and this one is a little weird. I was thinking of buying the AP so I could then purchase tickets for my 5 friends going with me for %15 off. However, my travel agency claims that if I purchase from them, their tickets include early entry even though we won't be on property. They said it's a perk Universal gives to their touring agency. I've never heard of this, is this true? It's the main reason I want to make sure my AP is not blocked out so we can all get in. But if they aren't right, then I would just buy the tickets on my own for the discount.

Last edited:
I believe they only release Early Entry dates/black outs a month early.

Having EP is worth it anytime you have it... Is it worth it for the price difference on a 2 day trip? I wouldn't spend it.

Not sure about the water park, sorry.

One thing to keep in mind about the discount on multi day tickets (Only multi day tickets) is that this will only be available when buying them at the gate and I believe the gate price is naturally higher than online so your savings would be negligible.

If it was me, I would be getting a throw away room (that everyone splits the cost) for the express pass and early entry, then drop the AP down to a power pass or just a regular two day ticket (Right now they have buy two days get two days free).

Not sure about the travel agency thing. Its possible, but i wouldn't just go off their word.

If it was me, I would be getting a throw away room (that everyone splits the cost) for the express pass and early entry, then drop the AP down to a power pass or just a regular two day ticket (Right now they have buy two days get two days free).

Why would a throwaway be cheaper than just staying there? I'm assuming you can't put as many people as you want in a room. I think buying an EP for 6 people and staying at a cheap Air bnb is going to work out much cheaper than getting 2 rooms at one of the deluxe resorts. Most likely I think we will forego the EP all together though, as I don't think many people want to spend $300 on a single day in a theme park. Though I think if you're already spending $180, might as well drop another $100 and make sure it's actually enjoyable.

Why would a throwaway be cheaper than just staying there? I'm assuming you can't put as many people as you want in a room. I think buying an EP for 6 people and staying at a cheap Air bnb is going to work out much cheaper than getting 2 rooms at one of the deluxe resorts. Most likely I think we will forego the EP all together though, as I don't think many people want to spend $300 on a single day in a theme park. Though I think if you're already spending $180, might as well drop another $100 and make sure it's actually enjoyable.

Yes you can have 6 people in a room, they just adjust what rooms it will allow you to book.

Lets break down the numbers. To buy 6 people Express Pass for 3 days March 1-3rd would be about 300$ each person. So that's roughly 1800$ for just the EP's. Booking a deluxe room on site would give you Unlimited express pass for your check in and check out days.

One nights booking will give you unlimited express for 2 days which i would do on Sat March 2nd & Sunday March 3rd. Right now you can book an annual pass rate for one night (March 2nd - March 3rd) at Royal Pacific for 900$ , which would equal out to $150 per person for two days of express. This would also give you early entry to both parks on those two days.

So, if your not staying on site, but you do want to EP and early entry I would personally get the throw away room and have everybody split the cost.

If you don't care about the EP, then yes the throw away room doesn't help you.

Another thing to note is you will also save the money by dropping down to the power annual pass and you will still get the discount on the multi day tickets at the gate for the rest of your party.

Yes you can have 6 people in a room, they just adjust what rooms it will allow you to book.

Lets break down the numbers. To buy 6 people Express Pass for 3 days March 1-3rd would be about 300$ each person. So that's roughly 1800$ for just the EP's. Booking a deluxe room on site would give you Unlimited express pass for your check in and check out days.

One nights booking will give you unlimited express for 2 days which i would do on Sat March 2nd & Sunday March 3rd. Right now you can book an annual pass rate for one night (March 2nd - March 3rd) at Royal Pacific for 900$ , which would equal out to $150 per person for two days of express. This would also give you early entry to both parks on those two days.

So, if your not staying on site, but you do want to EP and early entry I would personally get the throw away room and have everybody split the cost.

If you don't care about the EP, then yes the throw away room doesn't help you.

Another thing to note is you will also save the money by dropping down to the power annual pass and you will still get the discount on the multi day tickets at the gate for the rest of your party.

We are only going for one day so the passes would be more like $600. I’m getting the AP for myself and might go another day which is why I mentioned the dates I was worried about the blackouts so I see how that would definitely save money if we were going multiple days.

I’ll be moving to Orlando so I’ll get plenty of use out of the pass and I was the preferred for the extra 6 months free and the free parking.

The hospitality suite at RPR allows 6 in the room if you book the additional bedroom with it.
Other than that, 5 are allowed in the room.

The first two adults are included in the room rate.
All additional people in the room 18 and over, have an additional add on price per person, per night stay.

Check the other two deluxe hotels for their types of rooms that will allow more than 5 in them.

So does anyone have any idea on upgrading to Volcano Bay? With the extra 6 months it will cover 2 summers, but also means it will be blacked out July and most of August. I know when it first opened they let people upgrade their pass for $100, but don't know if that can still be done now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter