Pre Trip Packet

Tozzie

DIS Veteran
I guess I can finally stop worrying I received the pre trip packet for my Trip, Backstage Magic, starts June 2. After all the issues with cancellations, even after the 60 day mark I was still worried it might be cancelled. I like the backpack, it is not too big but large enough for my camera and then some.

Good Tozzie! I'm happy to hear your trip is a go. I liked the backpack too, especially the feature of different compartments something the messenger bag didn't offer.

It is backpacks, luggage spotter tags, and some trip information (but not a detailed schedule). I will post some pics of what I got tonight! I love the backpacks. They even have a pocket and a hole for an ipod! And the lining of the backpack has the ABD logo :)

Ok so here are pictures of the backpack and the box of info that comes from Adventures by Disney approx 45 days before your trip.
Here is the backpack. It has lots of separate pockets (and inside pockets as well), and a hole in the top for ipod earphones. It seems really well-made.
CIMG0260.jpg

CIMG0261.jpg

CIMG0262.jpg

CIMG0263.jpg

Picture of the box with the brochure in it:
CIMG0264.jpg

Picture of what comes inside the box: a brochure/schedule (no times listed; basically same info available on ABD website; some info about airport pickup; and luggage spotter tags):
CIMG0265.jpg

I am planning on using my backpack as my carryon on the plane; it has lots of pockets so should be good to organize stuff. My fiance is not so excited about the backpack and probably won't use his...but I like mine!

WOW! Thank you for posting the pictures. You must be super excited about your trip. Have you been to DL before? We loved it when we went last June and have booked another trip for next NYE.

Take care,
TK

so are all the backpacks like yours now (blue) or is it because of the tour your taking?? Because when we went in 2007, our backpacks were all black.

so are all the backpacks like yours now (blue) or is it because of the tour your taking?? Because when we went in 2007, our backpacks were all black.

I think these are the new backpacks. I have seen someone else's picture of the backpack, and it was the same (and for a different trip-I think Italy).

I think these are the new backpacks. I have seen someone else's picture of the backpack, and it was the same (and for a different trip-I think Italy).

I hope that's the case, because although the black one looked nice, I don't think it was a very useful one. The blue one looks much more user friendly.

I hope that's the case, because although the black one looked nice, I don't think it was a very useful one. The blue one looks much more user friendly.

Oh yes I think the blue ones are nice. There is a small front pocket , and a couple of interior mesh pockets I couldn't really get a picture of. I think you can fit a lot of stuff in the backpack (but I haven't tried packing it up yet). I think it is a cute carry-on!

WOW! Thank you for posting the pictures. You must be super excited about your trip. Have you been to DL before? We loved it when we went last June and have booked another trip for next NYE.

Take care,
TK

Oh I am so excited! We've been to WDW a lot (we live within driving distance) but never been to DL or California (other than 1 ski trip a few years back). I think my fiance is scared that I'll like it a little too much and want to go back....it is much easier for us to get to FL than CA!

I like the backpack as it is compact but not small and it seems to be very sturdy. Great to carry during the day while touring.

Thanks for the pics, GirlfromTN. The backpack looks SO much more useful than the messenger bag from last year! I'm a bit confused about the box. It looks different from last years' which was long & thin...

Is there a countdown calendar? They had a countdown calendar you could cross the days off of... I put it up at work, and it was a cool excitement-builder!

Sayhello

Thanks for the pics, GirlfromTN. The backpack looks SO much more useful than the messenger bag from last year! I'm a bit confused about the box. It looks different from last years' which was long & thin...

Is there a countdown calendar? They had a countdown calendar you could cross the days off of... I put it up at work, and it was a cool excitement-builder!

Sayhello

Yes there is a countdown calendar included. In the box is the calendar , the itinerary booklet and another info card as well as the luggage handle thingy.

I like that idea, I will have to put mine up on the cork board behind my desk.

We just got back a few days ago from our Costa Rica trip! We had a wonderful time and the weather was great. Our backpacks were green. A big thank you to our guides - Mike and Ronald for taking good care of us.

Today we just got our backpacks and info. Our backpacks are green and look very nice. I can hardly wait to use it hiking around the desert throughout the southwest.:thumbsup2

Oh I am so excited! We've been to WDW a lot (we live within driving distance) but never been to DL or California (other than 1 ski trip a few years back). I think my fiance is scared that I'll like it a little too much and want to go back....it is much easier for us to get to FL than CA!

LOL! It's easier for us to get to FL too but we are going back to DL in December to ring in the new year! Getting ready to pay the balance of our ABD trip. Can anyone say CHA-CHING? :scared1:

Today we just got our backpacks and info. Our backpacks are green and look very nice. I can hardly wait to use it hiking around the desert throughout the southwest.:thumbsup2

Are they green but the same style that GirlfromTN showed us? Hmmm...I have to wait until mid-June to find out which we get. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter