PPC 2.0 Castaway Cay 5k - GKTW Fundraiser Idea

Klam -

I would love your help with this.... I've got a thousand things going on this morning so I will send you a PM later today or tonite.
I'd be more than willing to help out too Kelly in any way that I can.

Just bumping this up.

Might be a novel idea to raise money for GKTW without swimming in a pit of mud.:goodvibes

This is a wonderful thing...I probablly won't participate, but I will help support the cause.

Once we find out for sure that 'walkers' are okay, Jimmy & I would definitely be in. I'd love to say we'll be able to run it, but I doubt that's going to happen! :rotfl: A walking/jogging pace would work, though...

I am planning on walking it, too.
Good way to get off the ship early! :goodvibes

I don't want to have the idea and therefore be responsible to run with it, but lets say...for the sake of tossing around ideas...there was a logo/design for this particular event. What would you like to see on it or incorporated with it?

DP likes to fiddle with PhotoShop and make stuff. He needs a project while I am gone in May and whenever else I choose. Nothing promised, just some ideas to toss around.

This was a very informal event. We didn't get off the ship early, nor did we have to pre-register. It started about 8:30 and the guide showed us the way and then took off. It was nice to get out and run, but very informal.

This is what I was going to say. Walking the course would be just fine. I did my run and then went back out to meet up with some DISers to jog back in with them.

Originally I didn't get a certificate but I sent an email to DCL and they mailed me one. It is sitting with the rest of my running certificates all framed but waiting to get hung.

I'd be interested in walking it for sure.
Walking and talking- that's my kind of event! ;)

A logo would be great! On a tshirt perhaps?
Certainly on a magnet for our cabin doors. :thumbsup2

Dec... Gives me a goal. Maybe I can walk 5k by then.:smickey:

My understanding is there is no time constraint, so its a go at your own pace finish at your leisure kind of thing. I know I plan on taking a bunch of photos!

I would like to run this! By the time the cruise rolls around, I should have four 5k's under my belt.

Glad to see there is still interest in this.

I will look into this over the weekend and reach out to those who have offered to help.

My understanding is there is no time constraint, so its a go at your own pace finish at your leisure kind of thing. I know I plan on taking a bunch of photos!

What he said. I did this last trip and we stopped to take photos along the route. It was a blast, unless Dave ditched me and took off at top speed leaving me in the dust. Oh.....and it was HOT!

Oh.....and it was HOT!

That it was. It didn't feel to bad except for the stretch on the runway. You are on blacktop with no cover, have the Caribbean sun overhead and the head radiating off of the runway below.

I imagine it will be a bit less intense in December though.

That it was. It didn't feel to bad except for the stretch on the runway. You are on blacktop with no cover, have the Caribbean sun overhead and the head radiating off of the runway below.

I imagine it will be a bit less intense in December though.

True, December should be better. That was a long stretch, I think I was going just a tad faster than walking at that point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter