Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

The next booking window is now showing August 22nd. Was it always this? I thought I remember in being closer the beginning of the month.

The next booking window is now showing August 22nd. Was it always this? I thought I remember in being closer the beginning of the month.
We'll be at Disney now when the booking window opens so will need to adjust our plans to be available the morning of Aug 22nd to book Spring Break next year. Thanks for posting this!

Interesting - info on the Low Fare Calendar is still showing Aug 15th so now I'm officially confused as to what the next release date is as their website has conflicting information!

1720095085962.png

1720095149911.png

I have contacted SW to ask them which of these dates is correct? I'm hoping it's the Aug 15th date but fully anticipating it will be the Aug 22nd date.

I'll post here if/when I hear back or, when SW updates their website to the same date.

Last edited:
We'll be at Disney now when the booking window opens so will need to adjust our plans to be available the morning of Aug 22nd to book Spring Break next year. Thanks for posting this!

Interesting - info on the Low Fare Calendar is still showing Aug 15th so now I'm officially confused as to what the next release date is as their website has conflicting information!

View attachment 873542

View attachment 873543

I have contacted SW to ask them which of these dates is correct? I'm hoping it's the Aug 15th date but fully anticipating it will be the Aug 22nd date.

I'll post here if/when I hear back or, when SW updates their website to the same date.

I just looked on the app and when I looked at dates to put in for flights it also says August 15th so I am glad you commented this. I put the 22nd in my calendar without double checking. Moved it to the 15th and will keep checking to see if anything changes.

I just looked on the app and when I looked at dates to put in for flights it also says August 15th so I am glad you commented this. I put the 22nd in my calendar without double checking. Moved it to the 15th and will keep checking to see if anything changes.
@MinnieMSue - had to share my experience as it made me laugh.

I received the following email from Southwest:

1720195829008.png

but when I click that link his email directed me to, it still says....
1720195864948.png

So my contact them was for nothing as they still have conflicting information on their website.

Like you, my calendar reminder is set for Aug 15th and I hope they release the new flights then and not the 22nd. But, time will tell!

@MinnieMSue - had to share my experience as it made me laugh.

I received the following email from Southwest:

View attachment 873854

but when I click that link his email directed me to, it still says....
View attachment 873855

So my contact them was for nothing as they still have conflicting information on their website.

Like you, my calendar reminder is set for Aug 15th and I hope they release the new flights then and not the 22nd. But, time will tell!

Oh my goodness. My trip ends the 13th so I guess it is ok either date lol. I will keep it on my calendar the 15th so I can check that day. If it isn’t then I will add it the 22nd.

So, I had several flights that SW changed and I received the emails on 6/21 about the free change. I’ve been busy and didn’t mess with changing them yet and now the red banner is gone from these flights and the free change option isn’t available. I’ve read the emails with a fine tooth comb and don’t see any terms of the change needing to be done in a certain amount of time. Has this happened to anyone else? I really don’t want to call, but I don’t want to miss out on changing these.

I got a notice in April with the red banner for my September flight which I did change twice. Then I got a schedule change in June for my December flights but when I decided to change my flight last week the red banner was gone and I just got a screen with the price adjustments. Meanwhile the red banner is still showing for the September flight…crazy.🤷🏻‍♀️

I got a notice in April with the red banner for my September flight which I did change twice. Then I got a schedule change in June for my December flights but when I decided to change my flight last week the red banner was gone and I just got a screen with the price adjustments. Meanwhile the red banner is still showing for the September flight…crazy.🤷🏻‍♀️
Boo. At least I’m not alone. I’ll call tomorrow and hope I can change for free. I just know that once you do a phone call change you can’t usually change that particular flight again online.

Boo. At least I’m not alone. I’ll call tomorrow and hope I can change for free. I just know that once you do a phone call change you can’t usually change that particular flight again online.
They recently changed it so that the red banner/online change is only available for 15 days from when they sent the change email. You are still entitled to the 2 free changes but after 15 days you have to call to make the change.

They recently changed it so that the red banner/online change is only available for 15 days from when they sent the change email. You are still entitled to the 2 free changes but after 15 days you have to call to make the change.
Thank you. I hadn’t realized that. I was on my 15th day when I noticed it. So maybe it’s 14 days now?

It shouldn't be a problem to call and have the change made with nothing additional due. What they did is end the pandemic era policy that allowed one to hold the free changes online indefinitely. This was done to calm the frequent travelers that had to jump through hoops to take advantage of a price drop and limit the number of changes being processed.

It shouldn't be a problem to call and have the change made with nothing additional due. What they did is end the pandemic era policy that allowed one to hold the free changes online indefinitely. This was done to calm the frequent travelers that had to jump through hoops to take advantage of a price drop and limit the number of changes being processed.
I would appreciate if they would enumerate this in the email or in their policies online so that we knew we were on limited time. As an aside, I have other free change banners that are still active. But the common denominator is that I already had made a change on those. So now I can continue to change them online. But I can’t change the other ones for no fare difference online now.

Huh. Interesting as 2 days ago all of my flights had the option to change listed and today it is gone (all of my flights were changed by Southwest. Luckily I changed what I needed to but find it interesting that it just disappeared when I know for sure it was there a couple of days ago. I cannot remember if I looked yesterday but I try to look at my flights every day.

So, I had several flights that SW changed and I received the emails on 6/21 about the free change. I’ve been busy and didn’t mess with changing them yet and now the red banner is gone from these flights and the free change option isn’t available. I’ve read the emails with a fine tooth comb and don’t see any terms of the change needing to be done in a certain amount of time. Has this happened to anyone else? I really don’t want to call, but I don’t want to miss out on changing these.
I got an email that they changed my flight on 7/1. I clicked the change link on 7/2, and it would not let me change for free. It just went to a general "change flight" page. Annoying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest