• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Ugh...I figured it was something like this. I'm on hold to talk to someone now. But does the gift card also count as a "credit"? Because it's not even taking the full amount of the 1 gift card I entered so far.
No you are supposed to be able to use 3 of those as well

"The following may be used per Passenger: up to three flight credits, up to three Southwest gift cards, up to two Southwest LUV Vouchers®, and/or a credit card (only one credit card may be used per reservation)."

https://www.southwest.com/help/booking/forms-of-payment

Why is there no want to get away flights at all available on the Saturday after Thanksgiving? Their whole calendar for nonstop flights is only anytime or business select.
The 'Wanna Get Away' options will eventually open up. I am having the same issue right now with flights from Dallas.

PVD - MCO
Dec 4: $129 (8808 pts)
Dec 8: $164 (11,511)

I paid with points so 20,319k points each. I have no doubt these will likely go down later since this is a weekday booking but I needed to lock it in.

Ugh, our flights are more expensive than I was hoping for. We’re using points and it’s 13k each way. Most of the time we can get our tickets around 9-10k each way.

Now to debate if I book now and keep rebooking when the price lowers, or to hold out. We’re transferring points from my CSP so I don’t really want to have leftover points in my RR account, but I guess it wouldn’t be the end of the world as we do fly a lot.
Yea same thing here. First time going around Christmas and there's a huge jump in price. I only wanted nonstop so my options were 24k points for wanna get away or 30k for anytime each way so decided to go with anytime as it includes the early bird for another 6k points.

Luckily I have the companion pass so that saved 60k points but still burned through all my points and had to transfer some in from the CSR real quick. Figured lock it in now and hope for a price drop to recoup some points.

No you are supposed to be able to use 3 of those as well

"The following may be used per Passenger: up to three flight credits, up to three Southwest gift cards, up to two Southwest LUV Vouchers®, and/or a credit card (only one credit card may be used per reservation)."

https://www.southwest.com/help/booking/forms-of-payment
No, it is three forms total. One of which is allowed to be a credit card or digital wallet, the other two can be any combination of travel funds, LUV vouchers and gift cards.
https://mobile.southwest.com/funds-...to three forms of,flight portion of your trip.

We had the same problem. I was on at 6:25CST and the Thursday before Thanksgiving showed no nonstop flights. I cannot imagine they were all sold out; we have three nonstop options that day. I went ahead and booked an option with a flight change but am going to keep watching to see if they open the nonstop flights. The Friday nonstops were also not available.

No, it is three forms total. One of which is allowed to be a credit card or digital wallet, the other two can be any combination of travel funds, LUV vouchers and gift cards.
https://mobile.southwest.com/funds-terms-conditions#:~:text=Up to three forms of,flight portion of your trip.
This is correct unfortunately. I was ill prepared for this and while I was trying to figure it all out my cart timed out and I ended up having to pay a higher price in the end.

But at least the flight credits don't expire anymore. I wish I had thought to figure out a way to combine them before this morning though. I'm off to search that now and figure out how to avoid this in the future!

Southwest will check you in 36 hours in advance rather that the normal 24 hours in advance giving you a better boarding position in the A group.

You still need to check in on the app though when it opens up but now you will not have to do it exactly at 24 hours in advance.
Thank you so much!

I am looking at what routes I normally travel and they area about the same or lower than in the past. Too bad I am not sure if I am making any trips this December

WGA+ fares get priority over WGA fares when it comes to EBCI, correct? I haven't bought EBCI yet, but I think I will if WGA+ gets priority.

Updated:

Release Date | Time (eastern)
06/08/23 | 7:20am
03/09/23 | 7:10am
02/09/23 | 7:15am
12/15/22 | 7:15am
10/27/22 | 7:25am
09/08/22 | 7:25am
07/21/22 | 7:20am
06/16/22 | 7:30am
03/30/22 | 7:30am
12/16/21 | 7:50am
12/08/21 | 6:45am
06/10/21 | 7:15am
04/01/21 | 9:10am
12/10/20 | 7:15am
08/13/20 | 9:15am

Ugh, that was a rough one for me. Needed to book return flights from a one-way cruise and then out and back to MCO.
I had enough points, but not in the correct accounts. Needed 7k points to move from one account to the other in order to book all of the flights we wanted but clearly not paying their transfer prices.

We ended up booking our return cruise flight into BWI for lower points cost and will have to do a one-way car rental to get to Philly. The flights to Philly seemed really high, so I'm hoping they float down enough that I can switch into them. If not, we may transfer URs or put spend on my SW card to get that points balance up, but I don't want to do either of those things now if the flights are going to go down and then we'll end up with a weird number of points stranded at SW.

I'm trying not to be too mad at SW because we've managed to get a ton of flights out of our points and 2022-23 CPs, but I wish we could have done it without all of this driving to BWI. Remember the good old days when they had several PHL-MCO direct every day??

So out of curiosity
If no wanna get away flights or wanna get away plus are listed first morning of drop date. When do those if ever load?
Should I check multiple times daily? Or do they usually drop a few days after release day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter