Possible PSVA Concern

Vancouver is a foreign port. It's not a DISTANT foreign port under the PVSA, but it's a near foreign port.

Sydney would be a distant foreign port, if it mattered, which it doesn't because the PVSA looks at the TOTAL B2B2B cruise - where OP is embarking and disembarking - Sydney & San Diego. A cruise beginning in a distant foreign port would not fall under the requirements of the PVSA. Just like a Vancouver to San Diego cruise would be legal.
I forgot the word distant.

You're comparing one cruise to two individual cruises which is 2/3 of my total plan
BINGO! Individual cruises... As I said Sydney to San DIego via Hawaii, would be fine.

Personally I think PVSA is antiquated and needs to be abolished.... We can't even get the skilled labor to build our Navy ships, let alone large cruise ships in the US. For sure you would never get the necessary American crew.

It doesn't really make sense that the first cruise is ignored (because you get on and off the ship) while the second and third cruise are considered together (you still get on and off the ship).

Well DCL reached out to me saying that the Honolulu to Vancouver, Vancouver to San Diego is against the PVSA. I understood that part would be against PVSA if it was all I booked. They didn't seem to be able to explain how I'm going from US to US when I start cruising from Sydney as I'm doing 3 cruises in a row.
I think the issue is that the US law may not kick in until the ship leaves Honolulu in this B2B2B scenario. For these purposes, yes, Sydney to Honolulu is treated separately - it is not subject to PVSA rules.

If you left Honolulu and made a distant foreign port stop in the way to Vancouver or between Vancouver and San Diego, then you would be okay.

Well DCL reached out to me saying that the Honolulu to Vancouver, Vancouver to San Diego is against the PVSA. I understood that part would be against PVSA if it was all I booked. They didn't seem to be able to explain how I'm going from US to US when I start cruising from Sydney as I'm doing 3 cruises in a row.
Did you ask to talk to the lawyers? Or was this just told to you by a guest services/reservation CM?

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest