Port Canaveral resort recommendations and things to do pre-cruise

Mousefan mom

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are first time cruisers, and planning to try a 3 night out of Port Canaveral. We considered coming in a couple of days pre-cruise and maybe doing a day at Kennedy and beach/pool day. I've started looking at resorts and already I am overwhelmed, lol. I know some offer park specials during your cruise (which might be the thing to look for) but we also wanted one with a fun family pool area or beach access. Can anyone recommend some resorts?

Hi, We have stayed at the Residence inn Marriott in Cape Canaveral. Close to the port, has a shuttle. Not beachfront but has a nice pool. Rooms have kitchens. They have larger rooms if you need more room. We drove to the beach near the port. (Jetty Park) fee to get in also went to the Cocoa Beach pier, no fee to use beach.

We have stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton and the Hampton Inn. We really like the location of both as they are close to shopping and a short walking distant to the beach.

We stayed at the Radisson Resort at the Port a few years ago, and although the staff and the room were nice, and the pool area was absolutely beautiful, it wasn't very family-friendly. Lots of liquored-up booze cruisers. Might have been bad timing, but DH and I are by no means uber-moral pearl clutchers and we were totally turned off by the vibe. When our kids are older we may try it again but for now we stay in a family suite at the Country Inn right next to the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter