Port arrival time and parking Port Canaveral

NC State Tigger

'cause we all love State and I luv Tigger
We booked a last minute cruise on the Wish—3 night June 28.
Our assigned port arrival time is 1:30.
Our last cruise was pre-Covid and I believe at that time I was able to reserve parking at the cruise terminal parking next to the ship. I am seeing that advance reservations are no longer sold. I am concerned that the lot may be full with this late PAT.
HOW STRICT are they about arrival times ?? Will we be turned away if we arrive earlier??
Should I be concerned that the parking lot will fill up before our arrival time?
My husband would rather not use “offsite” parking and a shuttle.

I have never had to make a reservation for parking. Not that I drive that often.

They do have overflow parking on the surface lot next to the garage. I haven’t seen complaints on here that people were unable to secure a spot.

Aim for your scheduled time, but it’s probably late enough for General Boarding (no longer calling Boarding Group numbers).

The folks that let you in to the parking garage just seem to be checking you are on a cruise that day, they never take the time to read the fine print of port arrival time and I’ve never seen or heard of people being turned away for too early (sailed out of PC three times since pandemic). The wish is a big boat, I’d arrive a bit early, but either way I think you’ll be fine.

There are around 1900 total parking spaces at Terminal 8. Keep in mind that passengers disembarking the ship that morning free up parking spaces.

There are around 1900 total parking spaces at Terminal 8. Keep in mind that passengers disembarking the ship that morning free up parking spaces.

yep and the best time to grab a spot is 10 a.m when the most spots have been freed up... the OP is concerned that getting there late might be a problem.

Sailed 10 times out of port Canaveral since Covid. They do not check your PAT to enter terminal 8, drop off your luggage or park. They only check your PAT to enter the actual terminal to get on the ship. There is a huge overflow parking lot. Plenty of parking.

We have been sailing since 2017 and have never reserved a parking space. I would get there early. There is a chance they will allow you into the actual terminal early and it will be open boarding before your actual PAT.

Thanks for all information.
Is there a way to know what boarding groups have been called or if open boarding has begun before leaving car to enter the terminal?
We are in our 70s and have some mobility issues. Slow walking and difficulty standing for long periods of time.

Thanks for all information.
Is there a way to know what boarding groups have been called or if open boarding has begun before leaving car to enter the terminal?
We are in our 70s and have some mobility issues. Slow walking and difficulty standing for long periods of time.
Not that I know of. Think if you were there by 1:00, you should be good.

Define what you are meaning by “earlier,” please. To me, that would be 30 minutes when you have a late PAT, as you do. I would be hard pressed to consider arriving at 12:30.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter