Port Adventures - Grand Cayman - Which Snorkel Trip G15 or G36

haskaro

Earning My Ears
Port Adventures - Grand Cayman
Catamaran, Reef and Kittiwake Snorkel Sail (G36) OR Shipwreck and Reef Snorkeling (G15)
Can anyone explain the difference as quite a pricing value difference between each
Thanks in advance
Ps - this will be our first ever cruise so completely newbies

Port Adventures - Grand Cayman
Catamaran, Reef and Kittiwake Snorkel Sail (G36) OR Shipwreck and Reef Snorkeling (G15)
Can anyone explain the difference as quite a pricing value difference between each
Thanks in advance
Ps - this will be our first ever cruise so completely newbies
I looked up the info on both port adventures. They are fairly similar, but G36 is longer (approx 4 hours, vs approx 3 hours), on a catamaran (nicer boat), and visits a "new" warship sunk off Grand Cayman. G15 is a basic boat with a visit to a steel schooner.

Thank you! Is there enough time in Grand Cayman to do this and spend time at the beach?
Not sure. I think there’s an early morning and afternoon one. It depends how long you are in port. I can’t remember the schedule. I’ve also never gone to the beach, so I don’t know how far it is. You walk over to a beach from the port to get on the boat, but I don’t remember if that’s a nice or swimming beach. Sorry

We were pretty pooped out after this excursion; but we're enthusiastic snorkelers. Lots of exploring, diving and chasing (fish, each other, bubbles...:D). We were all zombies on the tender back to the ship.
We have always been tired too and just headed back to our cabin to chill.

We were pretty pooped out after this excursion; but we're enthusiastic snorkelers. Lots of exploring, diving and chasing (fish, each other, bubbles...:D). We were all zombies on the tender back to the ship.
Thank you everyone for the feedback! One last question, if someone in our party didn't want to snorkel would they still have fun just hanging out on the boat? Like could they lounge in the sun and watch?

Thank you everyone for the feedback! One last question, if someone in our party didn't want to snorkel would they still have fun just hanging out on the boat? Like could they lounge in the sun and watch?
I don't see why not, but I'm not sure if you'd have to pay. That person would be taking up a space on the dive boat & that's one less paying customer for them. I rally don't know, but suspect that the 'watcher' would have to pay. TBH, it's not that expensive...

They could definitely hang out on the boat. I did that on a snorkeling excursion on our last cruise, because I had pulled my back on a rappelling excursion the day before. I hung out in the shade. The Grand Cayman boat has some shade and a net up front that you hang sun on. There's usually more than a few people hanging back on the boat, or people get tired early and get out of the water. It's a large catamaran, so room to sit and chill. Like the PP said though, it would still be considered a participant on the excursion, and you would have to pay for the excursion. You can also just swim in the water. The vests inflate as much or as little as you want, so you can be lazy and just float around without snorkeling. You do need to be able to swim back to the boat if the current pulls you away from it.

Great information! Our watchers would not mind paying, they're not into snorkeling but are into being with the group, so it's good to know they could also be comfortable, relax and participate as much or as little as they want while still enjoying the experience. Thank you for sharing this information!

I just did G15 last week. I really liked the reef portion (saw a turtle) but my son (12) liked the wreck better. It was pretty quick (which is fine considering the price) and gives you plenty of time to explore if you want to check out the port. Or do what we did and relax the morning after Marvel Day at Sea. One note, ours met on the dock, not on the ship, so we had to tender ourselves. Not a big deal at all, just recognize that the quoted 3 hours includes tender time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter