Pop Century Room Renovations

I couldnt make requests on the app, just on the website. Go to MDE via the website and click on your plans, then click on update your check in information then edit your room request. Even then the website was wonky with me and nothing would load from the pull down options until I log in on google chrome in incognito mode. in incognito I could see all the options and it save it just fine.
I can only find room request options on the actual website. I just pull it up in my browser and adjust things as needed

Thanks for the replies! I went on the actual website and was able to bring up the section for room requests but it only lists 'Select' in the drop down menu. I remember reading either on this thread or the main POP thread that this happened to some people. I will just keep trying to get my room requests in! Thanks again!

Thanks for the replies! I went on the actual website and was able to bring up the section for room requests but it only lists 'Select' in the drop down menu. I remember reading either on this thread or the main POP thread that this happened to some people. I will just keep trying to get my room requests in! Thanks again!
I've had that issue too. Open the site in incognito or just try again later. Glitchy darn system.

The new rooms are really great. We stayed 13 nights in a renovated room; loved the bathrooms and beds. They do not seem hospital-like or industrial and the splashes of orange color and off-white walls really work together. There's plenty of room to place your bags - we had three large suitcases and had no issues finding room. There were plenty of storage areas for our clothes and whatnot. Overall, it was a great experience, and gave the last experience at a moderate a run for its money (literally...the extra cost is not even worth it).

Housekeeping didn't do the best job with keeping the floors clean though.

--->
Also do they close down the whole building when they are renovating in that building? Don't want a room right down the hall from hammering and sawing noise...had that at Boardwalk once.

Staying here now in bldg 8. I think the opening of bldg 7 is very imminent. The construction zone signs have been taken down. Only a few rooms have "punch lists" taped to their windows. I see housekeeping milling about, presumably stocking the room with consumable. Good luck to all incoming guests desiring a refurbished room. They are really nice.

So buidings 9, 8, and 7 (almost) are the only ones done?

So that would be the 80s and 90s sections only?

I wish the building numbers matched up with the decade. I can never remember which building is which.

So 70s is next? Building 10 and then building 6?

I'm still hoping for 70s (prefer building 6, but will settle for 10) for beginning of November 2017!

EDITED to correct error in section number.

Last edited:
I was doing my laundry at Pop this morning and the head of maintenance stopped in. . We were discussing the refurbished rooms and he said that one of the 70s buildings is opening today.
Could you please clarify? Thought Building 7 was next to open? And the 70's were nowhere near opening?

I wish the building numbers matched up with the decade. I can never remember which building is which.

So 80s is next? Building 10 and then building 6?

I'm still hoping for 80s (prefer building 6, but will settle for 10) for beginning of November 2017!
80s is 9 and 7. 90s is 8. 70s is 6 and 10...

I was doing my laundry at Pop this morning and the head of maintenance stopped in. . We were discussing the refurbished rooms and he said that one of the 70s buildings is opening today.

I don't buy it. The only 70s building that has even been reported as having renovation started was Building 10, and they only started renovations on that one 35 days ago.

So 80s is next? Building 10 and then building 6?

I'm still hoping for 80s (prefer building 6, but will settle for 10) for beginning of November 2017!

I agree.

Courtesy of Touring Plans....

IMG_4047.jpg

Also do they close down the whole building when they are renovating in that building? Don't want a room right down the hall from hammering and sawing noise...had that at Boardwalk once.

It seems they are closing one wing at a time (so some old rooms still open when they first start construction). Then reopening the entire bldg at once when new rooms are done.

To clarify: looks like within a brief time after starting a bldg they will get the whole bldg closed, but they don't start by closing it all at once.

It seems they are closing one wing at a time (so some old rooms still open when they first start construction). Then reopening the entire bldg at once when new rooms are done.

To clarify: looks like within a brief time after starting a bldg they will get the whole bldg closed, but they don't start by closing it all at once.

I wonder if they have closed all of building 10 (in the 70's) yet. I know a few weeks ago, there was still people staying in one of the wings.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest