Pooh sized Universal visitor

Just went there on Thursday and their seats made me feel awful! I'm a size 16 and have never had issues at any theme park. Six flags, Hersey, and disney. I had an issue on dragon challenge, rrr, and forbidden journey. I was able to ride them all but I felt awful. It was so tight! Especially RRR! I could barely breathe! I will probably never return to a universal park. Sad to say. I have never felt so insecure! It has inspired me to start to lose weight so I guess one great thing came out of it!

That's a shame you didn't have a good experience.

Did you sit on the seats for larger folks and try the test seats before hand?

I'm bigger than you and don't have any issues with the regular seats on those rides mentioned above except maybe for FJ where I always ask for the end seat if they don't already offer it to me.

Good luck on the weight loss though.

I am now dreading this trip. :scared:

Don't worry to much, easier said than done I know. Try the test seats on the rides that offer them, it'll give you a good indication of their seat size.

No one bats an eye at folks sitting in them as many use them for photo opportunities.

I hope you get to enjoy all the rides you want to go on.

I still have a few months, so maybe my pre-trip walking will help. Based on videos, it looks like I'll be close enough that I should fit, but I'll need to actually try the seats. The thought of trying the seats out and then having to tell my kids, nope, sorry I don't fit is...humiliating and heart-breaking and I think I'd rather just not even try it. Save myself from spending the day feeling just awful and embarrassed. Actually, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I'll do. The trip is really for them, so I guess I could always just walk through the line and use the chicken exit. I wasn't planning on riding RRR but I did want to try the Harry Potter rides and the Mummy.

I still have a few months, so maybe my pre-trip walking will help. Based on videos, it looks like I'll be close enough that I should fit, but I'll need to actually try the seats. The thought of trying the seats out and then having to tell my kids, nope, sorry I don't fit is...humiliating and heart-breaking and I think I'd rather just not even try it. Save myself from spending the day feeling just awful and embarrassed. Actually, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I'll do. The trip is really for them, so I guess I could always just walk through the line and use the chicken exit. I wasn't planning on riding RRR but I did want to try the Harry Potter rides and the Mummy.

How tall are they?

Anyone can walk through the lines. If they are at least 48" and also tall enough for whatever rides you're worried about they can ride alone. So you could experience the line with them then split off where the split happens, and wait for them at the end.

Eta...oh you're the one with the three kids I responded to in the other thread. So you know the above already. :)

Based on videos, it looks like I'll be close enough that I should fit, but I'll need to actually try the seats.

There are many threads where we've given our dimensions etc and what fits. The recent post about size 26 barely fitting is surprising to many of us. I was a 5'3" size 22 who fit on everything I tried.

For many the trick is to wear soft clothes. Don't bind yourself up in tight clothes thinking it'll make you smaller. If the restraint needs you to "zig" but you're "zagging" because of tight shorts, it's not going to work. Flowy clothes is key.

I rode the mummy and studio Harry Potter ride in 6th/last row
One time with a lady friend that was 5'9" 300 lbs
Also with a dude that was 6'6" and 272

Tm directed us to that row due to size
Both fit ok for both rides

I'm 5'4" with shoes on
My feet did not reach the floor in that row

Just putting this out there to know peeps of some sizes do fit

You do have more time before your trip
Do not give up hope!!!!

We will be your biggest cheerleaders

Try to pull up the thread where peeps listed their dimensions in case that helps you know who fit and did not

The thread is older but still in the forums

Try to pull up the thread where peeps listed their dimensions in case that helps you know who fit and did not

The thread is older but still in the forums

I'll try to find that. Looking at people in the videos and trying to decide if I am the same shape is difficult.

How tall are they?

Anyone can walk through the lines. If they are at least 48" and also tall enough for whatever rides you're worried about they can ride alone. So you could experience the line with them then split off where the split happens, and wait for them at the end.

Eta...oh you're the one with the three kids I responded to in the other thread. So you know the above already. :)

Yes, thank you for your help. The kids will be able ride everything without me.

I have ridden every ride at Universal, both parks but for FJ. I've tried twice and both times could not get the harness to latch. I am 5'6" size 20/22/2X. The culprit at FJ is my chest. I have H cups. So it's not just a matter of size. There is only so much squashing that can happen ;) But, the point is, I really think you'll fit on most anything. I do need the modified row on Hulk and Gringotts. Nothing else that I can think of though

That's a shame you didn't have a good experience.

Did you sit on the seats for larger folks and try the test seats before hand?

I'm bigger than you and don't have any issues with the regular seats on those rides mentioned above except maybe for FJ where I always ask for the end seat if they don't already offer it to me.

Good luck on the weight loss though.
I didn't sit in the test seats because there seemed to always be a million people on them and I saw others bigger than me fit. I fit them all I was just super uncomfortable. I've never had that issue on any ride at any other theme park! I may go back if I lose weight but I really felt awful the entire day ☹️

I have ridden every ride at Universal, both parks but for FJ. I've tried twice and both times could not get the harness to latch. I am 5'6" size 20/22/2X. The culprit at FJ is my chest. I have H cups. So it's not just a matter of size. There is only so much squashing that can happen ;) But, the point is, I really think you'll fit on most anything. I do need the modified row on Hulk and Gringotts. Nothing else that I can think of though

Yep, hard to squish an H cup!!!! That would hurt ::yes::

123SA..........I don't think most folks have to worry too much........I've seen some really large folks fit all the rides, possibly excluding FJ which can be neat. TM are good at recognising folks who may have issues, and are very discreet.

There are always exceptions to getting on rides of course, but those folk tend to be really big. We had a guy ask us to try and close the harness on the test seat last year for Hulk, he said he was 300lbs. He didn't get on, but this guy was big. I felt bad for him.

One of our Studios TM friends is around 260lbs and he fits on everything..........we all carry weight differently. I'm big, and fit on everything comfortably.

Think a poster with a name something like Johde showed his picture at shrek and you can see he is very tall and has some width on him

He also has the ride pictures he bought in the thread

It is a thread on page 1
Think the title is over size guest or something with a reference of sizes for those fitting the rides

Hope this helps

I'm 5"2 size 20 and D chest...so it seems positive.

Don't dread. I'm fat; there are several rides I can't get on and others where it's a close call. I won't lie, that part of it sucks, and it adds a layer of tension to a vacation that smaller people just don't have to deal with. But I still had a fine time. Overall, there is a lot to see and do at the parks that has nothing to do with size.
I am a 20/22 5'4". I could not ride the big roller coaster, nor could I ride Gringots. :( Frustrating. I have lymphedema to boot so my legs are large as a result, and that was a main reason for not being able to ride.

Yep, hard to squish an H cup!!!! That would hurt ::yes::

That's for sure.

I have lymphedema to boot so my legs are large as a result, and that was a main reason for not being able to ride.

Oh I'm so sorry. Gringott's is really hard because of the leg part of the restraints. I met a TM who said she had been part of testing it, and she said they had the TMs try hard to get out of the restraints. Some could, and that's when they added the extra bit to the bottom of the leg part of the restraint. Thereby making it likely impossible that DH will *ever* get on.

I maybe biased, as I deal with being Pooh sized (but can go on the rides), however I personally think the restraints are getting a little ridiculous.

Considering there are many rides that can fit perfectly fine, without too might tightness, and are just as safe. While I know that regulations change as time goes by, I do not think it changes all that frequently and I can understand perhaps certain heights being restricted, but essentially making restrictions which excludes people that are larger, as well as the leg restraints (therefore even limiting the size of someone's legs) are too much. Besides, if weight had to be an issue at all, I would think it would be smaller individuals sizes, as people could potentially slip out, or be more dramatically jostled around on certain rollercoasters and simulators, which would make them more likely to sustain an injury.

Also, @julluvsdisney, you should not feel that way about your weight! A size 16 is the average. If you desire to work on that, that's your decision. Good for you! However, you should not have Universal make you feel insecure about your size.

If it helps at all, I am a 24/26 and pear-shaped, with large legs. I fit on the Mummy just fine, though I asked to be in the back row just in case. I didn't try RRR, because there was no way I was doing that first hill. :-)

I couldn't ride either Harry Potter ride.

I maybe biased, as I deal with being Pooh sized (but can go on the rides), however I personally think the restraints are getting a little ridiculous.

Considering there are many rides that can fit perfectly fine, without too might tightness, and are just as safe. While I know that regulations change as time goes by, I do not think it changes all that frequently and I can understand perhaps certain heights being restricted, but essentially making restrictions which excludes people that are larger, as well as the leg restraints (therefore even limiting the size of someone's legs) are too much. Besides, if weight had to be an issue at all, I would think it would be smaller individuals sizes, as people could potentially slip out, or be more dramatically jostled around on certain rollercoasters and simulators, which would make them more likely to sustain an injury.

Also, @julluvsdisney, you should not feel that way about your weight! A size 16 is the average. If you desire to work on that, that's your decision. Good for you! However, you should not have Universal make you feel insecure about your size.
Thank you! I agree with your entire post! I feel like I've been on similar rides at other parks and have never felt insecure at all! I know I'm chesty and got a behind but I never felt like I was too big to ride a ride?!?! I still rode them but I felt so crappy! :( ! But it's ok I'm going to disney next week where I know my booty fits! And I have decided to slim down but not because of universal just to slim down!

So here I am working my butt off, literally, Pure Baree three/four times a week, light cardio when I can. Which is what I want, slow results but our trip is for the last week of Aug. I'm planning to add cardio in once my daughter's schedule is calm again. I visited WWoHP when it first opened. I didn't have any issues fitting on rides at the time, which was roughly 7 months after I had my daughter. Currently, I'm a 38DD 255lbs with a 49 hip, 27 thighs, lower waist 46, upper waist 38. Anyone with similar proportions that has ridden? I'll be adding cardio next week now that I have a brace ( ACL Surgery) and can run on flat surfaces. For the record, I despise the term POOH. I'm not some bear gorging myself on sweets haha.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter