Poll: If you are a previous user of DDP, what will you do in 2008?

For previous users of DDP, what will you do in 2008 if the proposed changes occur?

• I will still get the DDP.

• I will get the new DDP Deluxe.

• I will no longer get the DDP.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It was hardly a bargain for us last visit. 2A and 1C under 3. We just dont eat that much and with the food offered at the CL lounge we found that it was just way to much food and alot of the places we like to eat are not all that expensive. We had so many credits left over it was a shame. Just my 2 cents worth. Not that it really matters LOL.

Without the dining plan, we would NOT go to a TS meal every day. We would probably pick one or two to go to during the trip. We would probably go to Le Cellier once & really splurge on Victoria & Alberts :love: (and eat CS the rest of the time.) I was quite impressed with CS options last year - lots of tasty, healthy choices... not just burgers & fries as I had expected.

I'll admit, I love getting to choose my own appetizer (dbf would never choose the Spinach Artichoke Dip :laughing: ) & getting to splurge on dessert (we never order dessert at home... The DP allows us to go "all out" because we are on vacation.

Even this year, we were close to choosing to go without the DP... but when I figured it out, I figured out that we would break even, but be able to have no worries. Next year, with no tips & no appetizers included - no way.

We've used the DDP the past 3 years and quite frankly with these changes we probably will not even go to disney next year. It's hard to convince my boyfriend who is not as disney crazed as me to go year after year, and with the changes to the dining situation he probably wont be as interested. We can go to an all inclusive somewhere else. Before the dining plan it was pretty impossible to get him to even go. I think he liked knowing we would be getting decent food (we're vegetarian so that's hard to come by!), not paying a fortune for it, and everthing was taken care of aside from an extra tip that we would be giving the better servers. That will sort of go down the tubes now.

tricia.

Exactly...the room rates for 2008 also seem a little more like they're nickle and diming, and we were ticked that they had SSE & HM closed in July. I get that they need to do work on these things, but this is part of why we like the summer---everything is usually open.
I think we're seeing changes in management and it's motivating us to consider going elsewhere.

We are still going to get the DDP, but I am not happy at all with the changes! Especially the gratuities not being included. Also, I wish they would have kept the appetizers and omitted the desserts.

Even though we are getting the DDP this year, I am not happy at all with the changes. I think it is still a value for our family, but it may make us reconsider for our next trip, it will also make us travel offsite at times to go to other restaurants.

My family will be getting the deluxe plan (we plan on going in August 08). I loved having the ddp this july and was able to try a lot of new restuarants and not have to worry about food.

I think having the 3 ts would is a great deal. My dinner at narcooses was about $75 dollars. We plan on trying narcooses, cali grill, jikos etc. And it's good to not use up all your ts meals in one or two days! With the extra ts meal we plan on doing character breakfasts in the AM for my niece.

It's a lot of food, but an early breakfast, and a late dinner (around 9). We'll have plenty of time to tour the parks (and rest!).

Looking at the results so far, it should be easier to get ADR for TS in 2008!

After a couple of years trying to get my on the dining plan, my wife finally had me convinced. I could live with the app. but the gratuity just takes me out of it.Looks like I'll be cancelling some reservations.

I know many of you won't like this , but I was thinking it is a shame that they give the whole package for free to boost attendance and then they turn around and drastically reduce the value of the package next year. I wonder if this is the last year of free dining. I wish they would offer deep discounted dining plan when the free is offered and this would offset any Disney cost that is forcing them to make changes. I know those that get free would hate this. I just don't have the option to go then.

I'm on the fence, at least until I find out 1) if my parents will be able to come with us next year and 2) what the price of the various plans will be.

If it's just DW and I, we'll most likely go with DDE.

If my parents come along and it's not too terribly much more expensive, I might get the deluxe DDP.

If my parents come along and the deluxe DDP is too expensive, we'll probably get the regular DDP and then supplement it as necessary with cash purchases.

Looking at the results so far, it should be easier to get ADR for TS in 2008!

Well, Jan ADRs were pretty easy to get. Got everything I wanted within 10 minutes of the time I asked for, including Le Cellier and CRT. :banana:

I not only cancelled our ADRs, I cancelled the whole trip for January (14 days at WDW followed by a 7 night Western cruise). Nice work, WDW.

I'll probably sell two of our Animal Kingdom contracts as well. Forget about the add-on at the Contemporary.

We were planning a summer 2008 trip but now may go to Yellowstone. We've made over 20 trips to WDW in the past 8 years but this change hit a nerve.

You probably won't see me much of me around here for awhile. I am thoroughly disgusted by the greed of WDW. Disney is recording record profits, and still has the nerve to gouge its customers with the DDP. I for one have had enough. I can complain all I want on this board and by emailing WDW. It appears that the only thing the Mouse understands in 2007 (unlike when Walt was alive) is $$$. So they can kiss my $$$ goodbye.

Best wishes to you all. I hope that you and your families have a lifetime of wonderful vacations (regardless of where you go)...

well I just read from the wdw the new options and that you now save "32%" with no tip. Sorry we wont be using it now...

I also cancelled my 2 trips and Di$ney cruise for 2008 :confused3
There are other places to see............

AS I said before " There is, life after Disney "
Time for a few more cruises....
Just booked the Panama Canal Princess Line :thumbsup2

Well, we're skipping the dining plan for next year, and are re-thinking our Sept. 08 trip. I think we'll return to our leisurely week down the shore.
We thought we had found something awesome....I guess if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.
I AM glad that we got in on the free dining at least once! I'm going to guess this is the last year of that too....

No more DDP for us! Yes, w/ the appetizers it was A LOT of food. Sometimes we actually shared 2 TS meals for our family of 4 and were fine! But to take away the appet. AND the gratuity and only reduce the price by $1pp....that's quite a price hike!!!!!!!

The deluxe plan is of no interest to us at all. WAY too much food/time out of the parks.

So...after our trip in Oct....we probably won't go back until 2009 (we had been going 1/yr). Perhaps by then the DDP will have morphed into something better. If not, we'll choose a couple of favorite TS meals, balance it w/ nice CS meals and b'fast in our room. Can't imagine what tickets and rooms will cost by then...but it's 2 yrs away so I'll just save up for it. Will be the last yr before ds turns 10 and things get more expensive that way too! :scared1:

I not only cancelled our ADRs, I cancelled the whole trip for January (14 days at WDW followed by a 7 night Western cruise). Nice work, WDW.

I'll probably sell two of our Animal Kingdom contracts as well. Forget about the add-on at the Contemporary.

We were planning a summer 2008 trip but now may go to Yellowstone. We've made over 20 trips to WDW in the past 8 years but this change hit a nerve.

You probably won't see me much of me around here for awhile. I am thoroughly disgusted by the greed of WDW. Disney is recording record profits, and still has the nerve to gouge its customers with the DDP. I for one have had enough. I can complain all I want on this board and by emailing WDW. It appears that the only thing the Mouse understands in 2007 (unlike when Walt was alive) is $$$. So they can kiss my $$$ goodbye.

Best wishes to you all. I hope that you and your families have a lifetime of wonderful vacations (regardless of where you go)...

You are going to sell your DVC over this??:confused3 They are "gouging' you??? Hmm... considering that pretty much just applying common sense tells most folks that the 2007 DDP was a "loss leader" means that they have been giving you food for the past few years. I bet you never thanked them for the free food did you?

(You did realize that DDP was NEVER guaranteed with DVC? It was added a few years ago and coudl be discountinued at any time. )

(This may be the best post I have read yet. If you can't eat for next to nothing you can't go to Disney at all.?????)

I travel to a LOT of other places, IMHO if you "cancel" every time something changes you don't like. You aren't going to like other things either. (Periodically on other travel boards I read an OUTCRY like this when the cruise line changes something and they keep adding "little" charges there too!!)

And I am sorry, but UNLESS you are channeling WALT, NO ONE KNOWS WHAT HE WOULD DO!!!!!! (He is DEAD!!! He is not telling you!)

However, Walt seemed to have more ability to weather a little adversity or we wouldn't have WDW!

For us the DXDDP is a fantastic deal with 3 kids aged 7. We eat almost all TS and have usually paid for numerous OOP. Now we can eat at all our faves, the character meals, try the Luau or HDDR, try California Grill, CRT and not pay anything OOP! After looking at my last 2 years on the DP, for 7 days at $1400 it should still save us close to $300 or more depending on where we eat.

For us the DXDDP is a fantastic deal with 3 kids aged 7. We eat almost all TS and have usually paid for numerous OOP. Now we can eat at all our faves, the character meals, try the Luau or HDDR, try California Grill, CRT and not pay anything OOP! After looking at my last 2 years on the DP, for 7 days at $1400 it should still save us close to $300 or more depending on where we eat.

For the Luau , CRT,and HDDR you are right no OOP. Fo Cali Grill I thought you still had to pay the tip?

For the Luau , CRT,and HDDR you are right no OOP. Fo Cali Grill I thought you still had to pay the tip?
True. I just meant the meal portion. Guess I better make sure I have enough money to cover all those tips. It'll still be a good financial savings for families like ours who prefer TS and have children under age 10.

I have to say I am just shocked at how much money some people spend on food! I will admit that we are not a family of foodies, we are not big eaters and are all fairly picky. But wow... some of the prices I've seen posted here just for food alone are more than we are spending on our upcoming 10-day WDW free dining trip, including our package, tickets, airfare and souvenir money! Please don't misunderstand, if that is what your family likes and it's in your budget, have at it! But for us, it just leaves me shaking my head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter