Points for WL Villas-How does it work

yooperfan

Hi HO, hi ho, it's off to work we go
We know someone who belongs to the vacation club with the Villas. My question is, how do the points work? Do you get a certain number of points per year and do they expire or accumulate? We would like to ask them about purchasing their points as they don't go to Disneyworld very often, but don't know how it works and doubt they do either. Can anyone either give me some info on how this is done or direct me to where I can get info? Thanks

Check out this site for really good explanations of how DVC works:

DVC Info from MousePlanet

Then, hop over to the DVC Discussion Forum right here on the DIS and read the FAQ at the top. If you still have questions (and you most definitely will), post the questions on that board. You get lots of answers & advice.

To briefly answer your question, each year your "point account" is renewed. Subject to certain rules and deadlines, you can "bank" up to 100% of your annual allotment into the next year and use the points in the next year, along with that year's allotment. You can also "borrow" points from the next year (again, subject to certain rules).

Have fun making your decision.

Do you want to buy into DVC or do you just want to "rent" your friends pts for a vacation because they don't happen to be going this year.

If you are trying to figure out how to rent his pts this year then you would figure out when you want to go, see how many pts it takes to stay in the particular size villa you want and then rent his pts, he will make the reservation for you in your name and you would negotiate a fair price with him. You can get info on renting on the rent/trade board. Doing it this way usually allows you to stay in a villa for less than it would cost if you booked directly through Disney.

If you want to buy in, ask your friend for info and then check out the DVC forum on this board for more info. You can also get info from Disney Vacation Club and it is pretty well explained and you can buy certain amounts of pts at certain DVC resorts.

Anyway, do you want to purchase all their pts for the rest of their contract or just for this year.

If you are doing an outright purchase, you can get a lot of info on these boards about prices.

I'm sure someone else on these boards knows what you would have to do if you just wanted to take over his contract. I assume he wouldn't have to list with a broker to sell and this would save him money and therefore maybe save you some, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter