please vote! at what price is it worth not doing National EA?

how much savings makes it worth it to give up National EA rental for Priceline rental

• save at least $15

• save at least $25

• save at least $30

• save at least $40

• save at least $50

• save at least $60

• save at least $70

• save at least $80

• save at least $90

• save at least $100

Results are only viewable after voting.

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
hey everyone...
i'm having a dilemma. decided a few days ago that we didn't want to rent a car all days, to save some $$.

but then thinking about the logistics of changing resorts, etc. and possibly going shopping offsite... we're not sure we can do it!
we've been so used to having a car on our trips.

so... thinking about trying for Priceline to save some $.
but trying to determine what is a good cut-off point for Priceline.

what i mean is, how much $ would you have to save, for it to be worth dealing with all the potential cons of a Priceline car rental?

our backup ressie is National with Aisle service (just signed up for EA yesterday at EWR, whoohoo!)... so that seems pretty nice.

but, if we won a cheap Priceline bid, we could save $.
we just can't decide at what point is worth it.

please vote and/or comment. thanks, everyone!

National EA is worth at least $100 to me. The hassle of off-site shuttles, luggage, drop-off and pick-up, waiting in line, refusing insurance - many times, refusing upgrades - many times. It's worth it for EA.

Plus you might get a bigger car.

I think you have to say if your savings are per week or per day. $100 per day is worth a lot!!!

oops! i didn't think of that.
i meant savings for the entire rental, not per day!

(yeah, $100 savings per day! HA!
i don't even think that's possible. heh.)

thanks for the votes so far though...
we still haven't decided what to do. gotta decide by tonight.

oh! so, if any of you voted based on thinking it was savings per day, could you please reply back and let me know?

this means the poll is probably skewed... darn. :(

For my last three trips I have used Priceline. One time I got Alamo, the last two times, Avis. I paid 162.00 for a full size car this last time. That was total for 7 days. I kept pricing cars via National and Avis and Alamo, I could not even come close to what I paid via Priceline. There was absolutely no hassle with the priceline rental. Picked up the car and off we went.

Gail, do you remember how much you saved total each time, by renting through Priceline versus a conventional rental?

If memory serves, approx. 100-150.00 each time.
The confirmations I received from Priceline said I saved:

On my reservation for last Jan. I paid 146.37 total for an intermediate with Avis, they bumped us up to a Monte Carlo, full sized two door, they said I saved 162.58 or 53%. We bid 15.00 per day for the intermediate.

On my latest reservation for Sept. it was 162. (maybe 164.00, I cannot find the reservation) and they said I saved approx. 200.00.
I bid 17.00 per day for the full size. We received a brand new Buick Regal. Full leather, really nice car.

I do not know if Priceline inflates the savings, but, I do know that I have gone to the website and I have saved a significant amount of money this way.

Hope this helps and if I can help further, please, let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter