Please refresh my memory!!!

mmouse37

DCL Diva!!
Does DCL allow the limos, vans, shuttles, etc. to pull right up to curb these days to drop off luggage......or, do they drop you off in the parking lot at the big white tent and you have lug your stuff to the curb?

I know when we rented a car for our January cruise we were able to pull up to the curb, but I also remember being on the shuttle one time and had to lug everything from the parking lot. Just wanted to know what the deal is currently.

Thanks...

MJ

I have read both MJ ~

For our group of 16 Dec.'s cruise, our Radisson and Avis shuttle vans were allowed to pull right up to the curb after showing all our ID's. Sure made it convenient for 30+ pcs luggage, strollers, etc. ;)

When we sailed in February the van from the Radisson pulled up right outside the luggage area and a porter came and took our bags immediately. We then just walked around the corner to go under the awnings where security was.

On our cruise in March, the limos and I believe many of the shuttle vans were dropping off across the street in the parking lot under a white tent. We did not have to lug our luggage across the street though, because they had a place to drop your luggage right there and then it was transported across the street for you.
LeiLani

Hi folks-

THis is just a guess but I think it has to do with the security level of the nation. When we cruised during "orange alert" we were dropped off across the street and the porters took our luggage. All we had to do was walk across the street with our carry-ons and check in.

I work at the University Hospital and there is a drive around circle for deliveries and to pick up and drop off patients. During "orange alert" times this area is completely blocked off and nobody can drive a car within 50-100 yards of the building.

Just a guess:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter